#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #15
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Your car was worse than mine, LOL
Glad to see it in spec now.
Did you try some high speed hits? How does the rear feel?
Old 05-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #16
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Your car was worse than mine, LOL
Glad to see it in spec now.
Did you try some high speed hits? How does the rear feel?
Night and day. I did the the BMR Rear Cradle Lockout at the same time so I'm not sure which had the biggest impact but, that really doesn't matter. This bitch is now exactly what it should have been- point the nose, hit the gas and hold on. She just goes straight now even with a 'little' tire spin.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #17
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
What does the dealer alignment cost?? I'm only at 5200 miles but am going to do the upper / lower / trailing arms along with the lockout kit...just assumed an alignment would be prudent.

Would love to have it done under warranty but gotta be honest why I'm there.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #18
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
I was having issues with the steering wheel being off center as well as a little pull to one side. Mines a 2018 zl1 1le with about 6400 miles on it, this issue was at about 3k miles and both the dealership and gm corporate told me there's nothing they would do. It comes out of my pocket for the alignment, is this 7500 mile limit new? Kind of bs when I paid as much as I did for the car and only had it 2 months at the time. If I'm missing something please let me know, wouldn't mind getting a free adjustment
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:47 PM   #19
BlueinTN

Drives: gas powered
My 500 mile oil change I had them spot check the alignment so it would be in the system for "future". I dont think it will do much they can denies anything they want but at least I we can say where we started and where it was going.

Steering wheel off center needs to be fixed...there a sensor in wheel that helps with the stability program. hit it up as a safety issue.
BlueinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #20
E.Farnum

Drives: Chevy ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueinTN View Post
My 500 mile oil change I had them spot check the alignment so it would be in the system for "future". I dont think it will do much they can denies anything they want but at least I we can say where we started and where it was going.

Steering wheel off center needs to be fixed...there a sensor in wheel that helps with the stability program. hit it up as a safety issue.
This is exactly what I did. No questions asked. I'm picking it up today so I can't yet comment on the result.
E.Farnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #21
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
I to had alignment issues in the first 5000 miles. I heard want sounded like bearings going out in the front. It turned out that the front tires were cupping, caused by a bad alignment from the factory. It was like pulling teeth to get them to cover replacing the tires under the warranty too. The funny thing is that they tried to tell me that my tires were the R tires and only last 5000 miles. So I had to educate them on which models come with those tires and which do not. I am so tired of incompetent dealer employees. They even damaged my wheels when putting the new tires on after I expressed concerns and offered to take them to a place that has a touchless machine.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:19 AM   #22
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Btw, I just validated with my dealer, we do not have the alignment warranty here in Canada. At least, that's what I have been told.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:41 AM   #23
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
PSA - GM only covers the factory alignment on these cars up to 7,500 miles. If you're under that than I highly recommend you get it done through a dealership.

Some of the alignment bolts on these wonderful machines are TTY (one time use only) which means that if they are loosened to align the car they must be replaced. While I'm curious to know what kind of torque values we're talking about, it doesn't take away from the fact that a TTY bolt 'should not' be re-used.

I personally have about ~8,400 miles on mine (not a DD), and I have noticed uneven tire wear to the outsides of all four tires. Was told yesterday that yes, the camber is out on all four tires and in addition to the new TTY alignment bolts the front end needs to have a "strut grind". In total it's going to cost ~$450 for a four wheel alignment, which isn't crazy expensive but, I wanted to get this out there for awareness.
What about number of months for the alignment warranty? I only have 6600 miles in 26 months. I am thinking no way will they do mine. But mine is really ok. Some extra wear is there.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:57 AM   #24
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
What about number of months for the alignment warranty? I only have 6600 miles in 26 months. I am thinking no way will they do mine. But mine is really ok. Some extra wear is there.
No mention of a time limit. As the alignment is more a function of mileage, that makes sense to me.

If you've got uneven tire wear I would take it in to the dealer and ask them to check it. If it's out and they do the repair under warranty you'll save yourself somewhere between $200-450.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:26 AM   #25
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Side question...I have a goodyear Gemini shop that has done my tire servicing for more than a decade that I like. Took the 1LE in there and asked them to just check it and advise (no problems with the car), and I made specific effort that they had the car listed as the 1LE, and not a standard SS. They called back and said they had no spec for the 1LE and couldn't do it. Is there something else I should have made them aware of...I see some of these alignment sheets read "FE4" suspension/etc etc...?
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #26
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Side question...I have a goodyear Gemini shop that has done my tire servicing for more than a decade that I like. Took the 1LE in there and asked them to just check it and advise (no problems with the car), and I made specific effort that they had the car listed as the 1LE, and not a standard SS. They called back and said they had no spec for the 1LE and couldn't do it. Is there something else I should have made them aware of...I see some of these alignment sheets read "FE4" suspension/etc etc...?

The Chevrolet Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2017
The new 1LE package for Camaro 1SS models includes magnetic ride control, with a new FE4 suspension tuning and a new, segment-exclusive electronic limited slip differential (eLSD). Paired with massive Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, lateral acceleration will exceed 1G. Additional features available on the 1LE package include standard Recaro seats and a Performance Data Recorder (PDR), new to the Camaro lineup.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:19 PM   #27
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
It doesn't really matter what the car's listed as, all that means is that it will show whether or not the alignment is "in spec" or "out of spec".

If you know the numbers you want, it can be set up as Studebaker Avanti and you can still align it. I wouldn't sweat whether or not it's set up as a 1LE.

On the topic of this thread, these cars will lose the alignment in the rear pretty easily. Even with new TTY bolts on my car it was shifting so we ended up setting it, torquing it way down, and welding the nut/bolt/eccentric washer on the rear upper arms before heading out on One Lap. It's still holding after 6,000 miles and 8 tracks.

I may go to on-car adjustable arms just so that I can make the cradle attachments more permanent. Reportedly there are bigger curbs on the cradle in the newer cars to help the rear hold the alignment a little better. My front has never shifted.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote