Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #29
IROCTPI

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 305 TPI 700R4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I mentioned the same thing to my son the other day and it always seems to be dodge rams constantly speeding up and braking, maybe they're trying to impress us with their s&^t boxes
Hey, dodge rams are nice, well some atleast as long as their jacked up and have huge tires and exhuast then we can call it good

now a lowered, chopped one on the other hand is

Me -14! year old guy -- My Girl -1987 IROC-Z 305TPI 700R4 modded
IROCTPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #30
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtrill View Post
Well since you aren't in Texas I can't help much other than it's either great scenery or the shield.

If you were in Texas I'd say there are just more trucks than most anything else so it's just the ratio of trucks to cars...
Pretty high ratio of trucks in middle Tennessee too. But the fact that they hurry to catch up when we get separated, then stay there. That's noticably different.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #31
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicata View Post
Cause they think that you are cute...
No, that is not it. I'm 50+ & lovin life but no delusions that I'm some 20 something bombshell (never was that). Besides, one was another chick. It is for sure the Camaro.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #32
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Anyone else notice this? Soon after I got my Camaro I noticed full size pick up trucks/SUV's would always let me out in traffic. Lately I have been noticing that they like to drive behind me. I have a pretty long drive (45-50 min). Every day both going to work & coming home almost every day a different truck gets behind me & stays there. If we get separated by a traffic light, four way stop, etc, I will look up & see them gaining ground fast to catch up with me. They make no effort to pass (not that I'd let them), just stay there following. On the highway I travel, there are a lot of hills. On the steep ones an extra lane is added so heavy vehicles can pull out & let traffic pass. One truck pulled out at one of those places I thought to pass. But he just pulled up beside me for a bit then dropped back behind me (to look at the car?). My guesses: 1) they just like looking at my car, 2) they figure I will not drive below the speed limit (actually, I usually stay within 5 MPH of it unless passing) & they figure if anyone gets pulled over by law enforcement it will be me & not them. Beyond those & don't get it.

Really? The only thing I've noticed behind Camaros is Mustangs and Challengers....

Okay, a lot of cars on the road end up behind them....those are just the one's I've noticed...
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:11 PM   #33
MySpeed

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
look at this car the rear is pure sexy.
MySpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #34
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangtangjf7 View Post
Since you drive a Camaro, chances are, youre going to speed, so they just follow you from behind because the cop will radar you first since youre in front. I usually do this to other cars when going on long trips. My advice, switch lanes and slow down, let them pass you, and then you follow them.
I call em "bait cars". Cruising north from New Orleans once (doing 78, 8 over the speed limit) when this guy came flying past me. I paced him at 100mph about 300-400ft back then whole way to Shreveport. Figured that if he slowed down, there was a cop nearby. Or if there was a cop, he'd get hit first and I'd have time to slow down.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote