Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
You’d be surprised. Sometimes I want my phone in my pocket without a cord hanging out. Sometimes I need to navigate somewhere and also do something on my phone, and the Nav makes that easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This, plus the factory nav is nicely integrated into the dash and the HUD. Granted, it costs money to get and to update, but some do prefer its convenience to messing around with cell phones. The cord nuisance could at least be solved if AA worked via a wireless connection, but the other point would still remain. I for one don't regret choosing this option at all.
Exactly... it's all about convenience. Sometimes you know where you are going and just need a quick map to see how far it is from the next turn or some quick roads around your area.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:57 AM   #16
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I like all of them except the sunroof...cant wear a helmet with a sunroof. I got CF everything I could from factory...love it. A10 for sure for drag racing. All of my Camaros have been convertibles, except this one, as I knew I would be drag racing. Personal preference. I also had the dealer color match my mirrors and rear spoiler to the rockers...looks awesome !
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #17
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
wow guys thanks for the input. are there any problem areas that on the ZL1 are prone to breaking or anything of the sort that I should check out when looking?
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #18
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
You’d be surprised. Sometimes I want my phone in my pocket without a cord hanging out. Sometimes I need to navigate somewhere and also do something on my phone, and the Nav makes that easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This, plus the factory nav is nicely integrated into the dash and the HUD. Granted, it costs money to get and to update, but some do prefer its convenience to messing around with cell phones. The cord nuisance could at least be solved if AA worked via a wireless connection, but the other point would still remain. I for one don't regret choosing this option at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Exactly... it's all about convenience. Sometimes you know where you are going and just need a quick map to see how far it is from the next turn or some quick roads around your area.
I agree with all of you on this, but I probably should have worded it better. I dont see NAV as the make or break option on a ZL1. If the car doesn't have it, but it has everything else I want, I'm good... If the car has NAV and everything else I want... I'm good...

Plus, I have bluetooth streaming that allows me to connect my phone, which works without a cable. Thankfully, my car came with everything I wanted except the color I really wanted...but with the deal I got...I ain't complaining..
Old 03-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #19
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
wow guys thanks for the input. are there any problem areas that on the ZL1 are prone to breaking or anything of the sort that I should check out when looking?
There was a small group of 2018 ZL1s... (Mostly July-November 2017) that had issues with oil pump failures. I would look at the build dates and if you can, avoid those months for now.

Also, the tires on the car are NOT, I repeat, NOT for use under 40 degrees or in heavy rain. Don't even try it, it's not safe and the tires do crack/split at freezing temps.

In terms of breaking however, the car is pretty damn solid the way it is. As with any car, regardless of who makes it, you're always going to run into one that may have issues with electrical or just a lemon in general. That being said, to my knowledge, most people aren't having a lot of issues with these cars....save the ones modding them too much
Old 03-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #20
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Waze works way better than the factory nav. However, I did use the nav once when I was in the middle of no where with no cellular. I still don't know if that paid for itself
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I agree with all of you on this, but I probably should have worded it better. I dont see NAV as the make or break option on a ZL1. If the car doesn't have it, but it has everything else I want, I'm good... If the car has NAV and everything else I want... I'm good...

Plus, I have bluetooth streaming that allows me to connect my phone, which works without a cable. Thankfully, my car came with everything I wanted except the color I really wanted...but with the deal I got...I ain't complaining..
Yup... I totally agree. Using a GoPro and other recording devices are a PITA and normally don't compare to PDR so that's a must. Not so with Nav and Waze is even better.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:21 PM   #22
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Yup... I totally agree. Using a GoPro and other recording devices are a PITA and normally don't compare to PDR so that's a must. Not so with Nav and Waze is even better.
I still use a GoPro with my PDR, the 720p on the PDR is not that amazing. I still like it for the data and stuff.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 PM   #23
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I guess I could use my PDR sort of like having a dash cam then!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:31 AM   #24
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
If you buy used, take the VIN to your local dealer and ask for a service history, particularly whether these three TSBs have been done. All expenses related to performing them will be covered by the original 3/36 warranty. After the 3/36 warranty is up, it's on you.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf TSB-18258.pdf (688.4 KB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf TSB-17468.pdf (422.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf TSB-17457.pdf (604.1 KB, 69 views)
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:48 AM   #25
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
PDR is a must and A10 too as long as you're confident in your manlihood.[/QUOTE]

Great news! Nice to know my manhood is still intact.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:32 AM   #26
Rapidfire

Drives: 2018 A8 ZO6 black rose metallic
Go A10... there is a reason they are putting it in the the LE
Rapidfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:26 AM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Good info on the TSBs for the Zs. I will have to check with my local dealer to see if they have been done on my 2017. I seriously doubt it though and I want to make sure 2 of those are done since I bought mine used with just 422 miles before the 36 mo 36,000 mile warranty is done. Thanks Gunkk!
Old 03-27-2019, 09:26 AM   #28
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
If you buy used, take the VIN to your local dealer and ask for a service history, particularly whether these three TSBs have been done. All expenses related to performing them will be covered by the original 3/36 warranty. After the 3/36 warranty is up, it's on you.
Actually, anything that requires these TSB's has to have them performed before they can be sold/released to customers..

Dealer Responsibility
Whenever a vehicle subject to this service update enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your facility for service in the future, and the vehicle is still covered under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the service update correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.

All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers' possession and subject to this bulletin must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.

All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.