Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #71
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Got the good news that my car has been produced and it’s in transit. Chevy chat couldn’t give me any more details and I’m waiting on the dealer to call me back with some kind of a status update. Does in transit actually mean that the car is on a truck headed towards Texas? Also will my dealer know the VIN of the car at this point?
The dealer knows the VIN once the car is built.
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:06 PM   #72
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFW View Post
The dealer knows the VIN once the car is built.
Thank you
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:31 PM   #73
Hankaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Does in transit actually mean that the car is on a truck headed towards Texas?
Your car will be (or was) on a truck to a train station, followed by a train to Texas, followed by a truck to your dealer. In transit could mean any of those legs.
Hankaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:40 PM   #74
CTS

Drives: 2021 Sierra Denali 6.2L/10sp CC 4WD
I have ordered a least a 1/2 dozen cars and trucks over they years and even back when things were humming along normally it could take 4-6 weeks in transit simply due to the huge volume of vehicles being shipped. For the last year+ GM has been building vehicles minus parts and stock-piling them. One press article I read it was some 10,000 vehicle per day. Now as thet enter the shipping system it causing a shortage of trucks, truck drivers, rail cars etc. The RR's have even stated they were cutting back because the system was congested and there were several rail strikes this spring as the workers want more money. There are other commodities besides vehicles that command the attention of the shipping industry. In short,have to wait your turn. They can only move so many, what they don't get to it put off till another day.
CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 06:28 PM   #75
Dbmason29

Drives: Mazda CX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTS View Post
I have ordered a least a 1/2 dozen cars and trucks over they years and even back when things were humming along normally it could take 4-6 weeks in transit simply due to the huge volume of vehicles being shipped. For the last year+ GM has been building vehicles minus parts and stock-piling them. One press article I read it was some 10,000 vehicle per day. Now as thet enter the shipping system it causing a shortage of trucks, truck drivers, rail cars etc. The RR's have even stated they were cutting back because the system was congested and there were several rail strikes this spring as the workers want more money. There are other commodities besides vehicles that command the attention of the shipping industry. In short,have to wait your turn. They can only move so many, what they don't get to it put off till another day.
All this is totally understandable. But the issue is we have some people having their car build an then 2 weeks later their vehicle is delivered. Then we have other that are waiting months with absolutely no update at all. I just saw several people the other day state they received their vehicle and it was officially build week of may 12th. Mine was build 6 days later on lmay 18th and I have no eta at alll. Per dealer its just sitting in lansing awaiting a dispatch. Not even showing in inventory or anything. Yet many others build same time or even after me have been in inventory
Dbmason29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:52 PM   #76
Hankaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbmason29 View Post
All this is totally understandable. But the issue is we have some people having their car build an then 2 weeks later their vehicle is delivered. Then we have other that are waiting months with absolutely no update at all. I just saw several people the other day state they received their vehicle and it was officially build week of may 12th. Mine was build 6 days later on lmay 18th and I have no eta at alll. Per dealer its just sitting in lansing awaiting a dispatch. Not even showing in inventory or anything. Yet many others build same time or even after me have been in inventory
Part of the problem is that overflow lots are not necessarily first-in-first-out, so how long your car may sit in them is kind of luck of the draw. Sometimes first is worst.
Hankaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:50 PM   #77
gg1le

Drives: 1LE 6MT
For the lucky few that have gotten their vehicles delivered recently - how long did you stay at 4300 status? That was my most recent update from Chevy chat and curious if there are any data points out there in terms of how long that status typically takes in the current climate
gg1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:57 PM   #78
mRahmani

Drives: ‘23 SS 1LE
My 1LE has been at 4300 since it was built 4 weeks ago. I’m not sure if it even made it through the hood wrap process yet.
mRahmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 11:43 PM   #79
SATXjjuussttiinn

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Okay so I’ve been waiting what seems like forever but my car had a TPW of 5/9 is was late and ended up being produced on 5/20 and it’s getting close to a month and still waiting for my car to get shipped, but just today I got a text from my salesman, that my car just hit 4200 status and just shipped just wanted to give y’all a heads up
SATXjjuussttiinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:12 AM   #80
Tony2SS

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXjjuussttiinn View Post
Okay so I’ve been waiting what seems like forever but my car had a TPW of 5/9 is was late and ended up being produced on 5/20 and it’s getting close to a month and still waiting for my car to get shipped, but just today I got a text from my salesman, that my car just hit 4200 status and just shipped just wanted to give y’all a heads up
Not to be a Debbie downer but my car has been 4300 since May 2nd and is still sitting in Lansing.
Tony2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:56 AM   #81
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Just spoke to the sales manager at my dealership and my status is at 4200 and the car is being loaded on a train today. He told me the train portion will take up to 3 weeks until it reaches Mesquite Texas and that’s where it will be loaded on a truck. He said a month and a half minimum till I have it … I’m ok with that. I’ve been patient so I can do a bit more and my birthday falls in August so it’s almost perfect!
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:24 AM   #82
thewurzernator

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE RAPID BLUE
4300 since may 2nd, sitting in Lansing as well. I have even called Jack Cooper shipping and all the say is it's in the cue waiting for a hauler...
thewurzernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #83
xxjoeyxxeb

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
Dealer told me event code is 4B00. Chevy Chat live agent told me 4300 New Boston, MI. Who do I believe and is there a difference?
xxjoeyxxeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 03:50 PM   #84
manifestzl1

Drives: Camaro ZL1 1LE
My ZL1 1LE has been built and will be getting shipped from the dealer. I spoke to the truck driver and he informed me that all 1LE's are expected to sit for at least two months because they have to be trucked and can't be put on the rail train. Reason being that front lower lip of the 1LE package
manifestzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote