Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2023, 11:42 AM   #1
SS_CTS-V

Drives: 2015 SS, 2006 CTS-V (wrecked...)
Wide angle side mirror group buy

Fellow Camaro enthusiasts, I think we all know the 5th Gen Camaro doesn't have the best visibility out of the side mirrors. Recently I installed a set of aftermarket wide angle mirrors on my daughters Civic Si and the difference is significant. A simple mirror swap that took maybe 30 minutes and the field of view from both driver and passenger side mirrors is so much better.

The company doesn't have mirrors in stock for Camaros but they will make a set if we can get a minimum of 20 people on an order. Check out their website for details on the mirrors:

https://www.sumaperformance.com/

I purchased the blue tint with defrost built in and they work perfectly, and honestly the optical quality is just as good if not better than OEM.

Let me know if you want in and I'll add you to the list. Once we hit 20 I'll get with Suma for payment methods. Price will be in line with current prices for other cars $160-$210 depending on features. Delivery time will be about 6 months post order since these will be a custom job.

1. SS CTS-V

Last edited by SS_CTS-V; 10-05-2023 at 09:20 AM.
SS_CTS-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
SS_CTS-V

Some good pictures here: https://unity-performance.com/produc...rors-all-civic
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
This just changes the glass?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 07:52 PM   #4
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Yeah, it looks like this company makes alot of replacement wide angle mirrors. Just the glass.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:15 PM   #5
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
For me, this would be fixing a problem I don't seem to have. My stock mirrors have never failed me.
Old 10-04-2023, 09:47 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
For me, this would be fixing a problem I don't seem to have. My stock mirrors have never failed me.
Bingo… all the evil blind spots have never once been a problem for me either.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:50 PM   #7
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Yeah, once you've owned and driven a couple of 69 Firebirds jacked up in the rear end on KYBs, you kind of learn how to navigate a car with piss-poor visibility.

I'm not trying to give the OP a hard time here - these mirrors could be very helpful to drivers new to the Camaro.
Old 10-05-2023, 08:37 AM   #8
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Not gonna lie.... I really wish my car came stock with a backup camera, or maybe if the mirrors tilted down when you put the car in reverse like a BMW does. I do find it hard to see properly when backing up.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 08:44 AM   #9
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Yeah, once you've owned and driven a couple of 69 Firebirds jacked up in the rear end on KYBs, you kind of learn how to navigate a car with piss-poor visibility.

I'm not trying to give the OP a hard time here - these mirrors could be very helpful to drivers new to the Camaro.
+1
I get the occasional “not much rear visibility” statement from passengers. I just tell them that you acclimate pretty fast to your conditions. Besides, Im usually just looking out the front.
Old 10-05-2023, 09:11 AM   #10
SS_CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Yep, just the glass. It's an easy swap, takes just a few minutes each. Suma makes mirrors for several platforms (Tesla, BMW, Ford, Honda, etc), just not us Camaro people yet.

For everyone else, no worries! I take no offense to the discussion.

The mirrors are not magic, they don't fix everything. However, it certainly made a significant difference on the Civic. Not just in terms of field of view, but also in overall visibility and they reduce glare during night driving. Yes, you will lose the auto-dimming feature if your Camaro has that option, but honestly one of my auto-dim mirrors has already failed... and with tinted windows the auto-dim feature makes it clearly at night.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:32 AM   #11
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I add those stick on convex mirrors to everything I drive and really recommend those. They do seem to get "sun stroked" occasionally tho and need replacing but they are pretty cheap.

My daughter learned to drive in mine and when she got her own car those convex stickies were the first thing she wanted.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 11:02 AM   #12
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I use my back up camera a lot in this car and generally haven't been a fan of using them in other cars. My BMW has the tilt down mirrors and I turned it off drove me nuts.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 02:41 PM   #13
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Never had an issue yet my mirrors work fine....
Old 10-08-2023, 11:25 AM   #14
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
^^^ This. Owning a 69 Camaro back in the day, and a 72 Challenger, you get used to the "lack of" visability pretty quickly. And learn to deal with it. Just like me having a 4 inch cowl hood. You learn your cars wherabouts, front, side and rear..