Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2023, 02:55 AM   #1
josemiv8

Drives: ́18 Camaro 2SS
P069E code after new exhaust, issues caused by deleting AFM valves

I got a CEL after new exhaust without AFM valves (Borla s-type catback), then I bought an AWE AFM valves simulator. It works well about 2 weeks, but after that, I got again the same CEL (P069E), it says something about the fuel system control module, but the car runs perfectly, so probably the issue is about the AFM valves. I bought a Range AFM disabler but P069E code doesn't disappears in my code reading machine.

I’m from Spain and there’s no official chevy dealers.

I’m thinking to put the stock NPP exhaust and check if everything is okay, then go to my tuner and disable all AFM codes and then put again my Borla exhaust.

Can anyone give me a solution? I think that P069E code is permanent, because when I drive I manual mode (A8 Auto) this code disappears in my dash, but in my code reading machine appears the code.
josemiv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 08:12 AM   #2
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemiv8 View Post
I got a CEL after new exhaust without AFM valves (Borla s-type catback), then I bought an AWE AFM valves simulator. It works well about 2 weeks, but after that, I got again the same CEL (P069E), it says something about the fuel system control module, but the car runs perfectly, so probably the issue is about the AFM valves. I bought a Range AFM disabler but P069E code doesn't disappears in my code reading machine.

I’m thinking to put the stock NPP exhaust and check if everything is okay, then go to my tuner and disable all AFM codes and then put again my Borla exhaust.

Can anyone give me a solution? I think that P069E code is permanent, because when I drive I manual mode (A8 Auto) this code disappears in my dash, but in my code reading machine appears the code.
When you upgrade exhaust like this, they are supposed to remove the error codes, but if you didn't get headers then the car wouldn't require a tune.

This I think is a common issue with exhaust, but most people who do put headers on get a tune and the error codes are resolved then.

Edit: I think you are on the right track, but will defer expertise to someone else to confirm. I have seen on these forums some people say you should keep the OEM NPP valves.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq

Last edited by FlukeSS; 03-09-2023 at 08:44 PM.
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 08:51 AM   #3
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Is there some confusion here about AFM vs exhaust solenoid valves or is it just me? Not seeing what a Range AFM device would have to do with NPP exhaust valves. The ECM will throw codes if exhaust solenoids not detected? If so, there is a disabler available to prevent codes?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 10:05 AM   #4
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
My inderstanding is you have NPP valves and AFM valves. My car is a 1SS that did not have the NPP exhaust option but has the AFM valves in front of the rear diff. You can put a non NPP exhaust system on a vehicle that had NPP and the AWE plates are for the NPP valaves that used to be on the exhaust. And the AFM valves are still present. Hope this helps and did not confuse anybody.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 08:39 PM   #5
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
My inderstanding is you have NPP valves and AFM valves. My car is a 1SS that did not have the NPP exhaust option but has the AFM valves in front of the rear diff. You can put a non NPP exhaust system on a vehicle that had NPP and the AWE plates are for the NPP valaves that used to be on the exhaust. And the AFM valves are still present. Hope this helps and did not confuse anybody.
My mistake, I believe I mean the NPP valves is what needs to go back on as OEM.

I think I was confusing AFM vs NPP.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 03-09-2023, 09:16 PM   #6
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Do you have an A8 or M6? If you have an A8 and you put a catback on that doesn’t have the AFM valves, you’ll get that code. Best fix is to reinstall the OEM exhaust until the code goes away on its own. Once you’re sure the code is gone (and not pending), tune out the code permanently BEFORE you reinstall the Borla exhaust. Hope that is clear?
Old 03-09-2023, 09:25 PM   #7
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Do you have an A8 or M6? If you have an A8 and you put a catback on that doesn’t have the AFM valves, you’ll get that code. Best fix is to reinstall the OEM exhaust until the code goes away on its own. Once you’re sure the code is gone (and not pending), tune out the code permanently BEFORE you reinstall the Borla exhaust. Hope that is clear?
^ What he said is what I was referring to. Hence expert advice
Old 03-10-2023, 12:46 AM   #8
josemiv8

Drives: ́18 Camaro 2SS
I’ve an A8, I’ll do that, thank you guys!
Old 03-10-2023, 06:39 AM   #9
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
^ What he said is what I was referring to. Hence expert advice
Quote:
I’ve an A8, I’ll do that, thank you guys!
Old 03-10-2023, 07:01 AM   #10
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
It is all good fellas, hope the OP get's it figured out The AFM valves are before the crush section of the exhaust am I correct? The NPP valves are on the the ols suitcase muffler. Hopefully he put the AWE plates on the wrong solenoids and just needs to switch them and tie them up out of the way.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
afmvalves, exhaust, issue