The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-12-2023, 04:40 PM   #1
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Android Auto Wireless and Galaxy Watch users, step into my office

Long story, long.

I have a S21 5G and a Frontier original - cannot use AA wireless with watch.

reset phone and AA wireless works flawless on my S21 5G

fast forward to now, have the same phone S21 5G and got a new watch 6 classic and AA wireless no longer works

Anyone use both with success?

If yes,

what Phone?
what Watch?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
My pixel and Garmin watch combo work just fine in my car with AA
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 06:48 PM   #3
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjilslaire View Post
My pixel and Garmin watch combo work just fine in my car with AA
AA Wireless?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 08-13-2023, 06:55 AM   #4
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Fran, No idea if this will help you in your search for functionality...

But...

I believe that the wireless functionality requires access to the BT in the phone at initial connection time for the car and phone to communicate and establish the "ad-hoc" connection required over WiFi for the high-bandwidth functions (things like maps and navigation, for example). Once the BT control has finished establishing the setup for the WiFi, it should change to a different BT mode for audio (phone calls, for example) and things like text messages.

Your watch is BT-connected all of the time, and there's likely a problem with the phone shifting between the BT modes while keeping the watch connected. This could also completely by a Samsung thing as my Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 7 Pro had zero issues with all of this while I had a cheap Amazfit watch connected, and I was using one of the third-party Wireless AA add-on dongles.

It might be worth looking into various settings on the phone and the watch as well as possibly some of the automation software available for Android that you might be able to program to drop the watch connection while the car is connecting and then re-connect the watch (or similar).

Have you tried restarting the watch while everything is connected to the car? How about trying to force reconnection to the watch from the phone with everything connected to the car?
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 08:21 AM   #5
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Fran, No idea if this will help you in your search for functionality...

But...

I believe that the wireless functionality requires access to the BT in the phone at initial connection time for the car and phone to communicate and establish the "ad-hoc" connection required over WiFi for the high-bandwidth functions (things like maps and navigation, for example). Once the BT control has finished establishing the setup for the WiFi, it should change to a different BT mode for audio (phone calls, for example) and things like text messages.

Your watch is BT-connected all of the time, and there's likely a problem with the phone shifting between the BT modes while keeping the watch connected. This could also completely by a Samsung thing as my Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 7 Pro had zero issues with all of this while I had a cheap Amazfit watch connected, and I was using one of the third-party Wireless AA add-on dongles.

It might be worth looking into various settings on the phone and the watch as well as possibly some of the automation software available for Android that you might be able to program to drop the watch connection while the car is connecting and then re-connect the watch (or similar).

Have you tried restarting the watch while everything is connected to the car? How about trying to force reconnection to the watch from the phone with everything connected to the car?
I looked around some, nothing jumped out. The extra weird thing is it totally knock out AAW. Like it was never there. Not the app the connection

I use AAW a lot more than the watch so the watch can go back if necessary.

Old 08-13-2023, 08:28 AM   #6
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I looked around some, nothing jumped out. The extra weird thing is it totally knock out AAW. Like it was never there. Not the app the connection

I use AAW a lot more than the watch so the watch can go back if necessary.
Assuming that what you're describing is that the BT/WiFi connections for AAW have been removed from your device, are you able to add them back in by setting everything up again?

I do remember seeing something like that happen with my Pixels but it was a little different in that getting everything connected to the Camaro would wipe out connections to my truck and her SUV and vice-versa.

It's -possible- that this is a stupid GM thing if that's the case - check for OTA updates for the Infotainment?
Old 08-13-2023, 08:31 AM   #7
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Are you allowing phone calls on the watch? Try disabling that function...
Old 08-13-2023, 08:33 AM   #8
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Assuming that what you're describing is that the BT/WiFi connections for AAW have been removed from your device, are you able to add them back in by setting everything up again?

I do remember seeing something like that happen with my Pixels but it was a little different in that getting everything connected to the Camaro would wipe out connections to my truck and her SUV and vice-versa.

It's -possible- that this is a stupid GM thing if that's the case - check for OTA updates for the Infotainment?
Thanks, all devices are up to date, including Chevy, except a dealer hardwire update, but I cannot imagine that being the issue - and it isn't happening LOL!

I am trying some of your suggestions and I have a post over at Android Help.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:32 PM   #9
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
Lol oops, yes AA wireless in my case, Fran.
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 12:46 PM   #10
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Thanks, all devices are up to date, including Chevy, except a dealer hardwire update, but I cannot imagine that being the issue - and it isn't happening LOL!

I am trying some of your suggestions and I have a post over at Android Help.
You'd be surprised. I think we had to update my wife's CX-5 8 times before every feature worked with her phone.
Old 08-13-2023, 07:34 PM   #11
sactownbwoy

Drives: '22 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
I have a S22 Ultra and Galaxy Watch Classic 4. My AAW functions fine. When connected in the car, I get notifications on my watch and they show up on my headunit with Android Auto wireless. I have a '22 ZLE.
sactownbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 11:26 PM   #12
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
When I am wearing my Galaxy Active2, my phone usually does not connect to the car for music. Kind of annoying, I have to disconnect and reconnect from my phone.
Old 08-14-2023, 12:07 PM   #13
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
When I first got the car, wireless AA stopped working entirely no matter what, couldnt pair or anything. Onstar told me I needed a data package which was a lie. Coincidently this was right after Onstar trial for the data package expired. I had to factory reset the oem headunit and everything has worked well since.

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 01:22 PM   #14
Lethal6.2LE

Drives: Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
I have a Samsung Fold 3 and and the Samsung 5 watch Pro. Having the same issues where AA doesn't properly work when using wirelessly. The occasional it does connect it will only stay connected for a short period of time, then it disconnects, and tell me there is too much wireless interference. I have given up at this point and just run a USB cord and plug the phone in.