The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #29
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
PLOT TWIST it's gringo's alt profile
You win the internet today. LOL.

EDIT. Five minutes after reading this, I am still LMAO.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:48 PM   #30
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Tonight I swapped the TB for another stock one just to see what might change. The one I put on came off a 2013 v6 Impala, quite a difference in throttle response. It drives much better with the Camaro TB so there must be some difference in them.

Car still runs great albeit the dam tip in response that feels so odd. My wife loves this car and I like it a lot<said like Jim Carrey> Needs a catch can for sure as I found lots of oil in the intake. I found a very nice low mileage 00 Z28 with all the options, I may have to buy it...............
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:14 PM   #31
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
PLOT TWIST it's gringo's alt profile
Whoa go easy on Gringo! I didn't know my L99 was slow until I read all of his posts... Now I go to meetings to help me cope with the truth. OP nice that you are really enjoying your car.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #32
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Your 2001 TA didn't have the technology your new 2015 does.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:49 PM   #33
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
It certainly doesn't have the torque the TA had but the car is quicker in every way. I've owned 6 LS1 fbody cars 2 Camaros 4 TA's. None were as quick, more power, more torque, more noise out the exhaust but not as quick. Sorry if that frosts some of you but No contest, doods can say this or that but I'm experienced and know a QUICK car when I drive one. I think its funny the guys with the v8 cars are the negative posters...........maybe feeling a little inadequate?

Comparing this v6 to the 2010 up v8 Camaros is a completely different thing. There the v8 is much quicker no contest.
I had a 1995 LT1 TA. That car would have destroyed the 2015 LT convertible I rented a few years back off the line, maybe not so much in the 1/4 mile.

Now, if you are getting your TA's mixed up with your V6 Firebirds, that's understandable. But that LT1 was a torquey lil SOB and the LS1 was even more so.

The LFX and LLT are powerful engines, there is no doubt (Contrary to what some here may say), but they do not compare to the later LT1s and LS1s, especially down low where you feel it.

But no matter what any of us here say, if this is how you feel things, well so be it. That makes you happier in the end.

Hopefully you have a thick skin and can take a little razzing. We are generally a good bunch here and really do help each other out, no matter your engine size, so don't take it personally. We all share something in common, which is a love for the Camaro.

Welcome to the site and enjoy that ride of yours!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #34
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Whoa go easy on Gringo! I didn't know my L99 was slow until I read all of his posts... Now I go to meetings to help me cope with the truth. OP nice that you are really enjoying your car.
I didn't know the 5th gen V6 Camaro was a slow POS until I came on here and was informed by some of the SS guys that it was.

It doesn't matter anyway, I guess. For some of the SS guys on here, a Camaro V6 is not a real Camaro anyway.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 11:46 PM   #35
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I had a 1995 LT1 TA. That car would have destroyed the 2015 LT convertible I rented a few years back off the line, maybe not so much in the 1/4 mile.

Now, if you are getting your TA's mixed up with your V6 Firebirds, that's understandable. But that LT1 was a torquey lil SOB and the LS1 was even more so.

The LFX and LLT are powerful engines, there is no doubt (Contrary to what some here may say), but they do not compare to the later LT1s and LS1s, especially down low where you feel it.

But no matter what any of us here say, if this is how you feel things, well so be it. That makes you happier in the end.

Hopefully you have a thick skin and can take a little razzing. We are generally a good bunch here and really do help each other out, no matter your engine size, so don't take it personally. We all share something in common, which is a love for the Camaro.

So, a low-end torquey engine will be automatically faster because it feels good to the ole buttometer? I don't know about that. If that's the case, the old TPI L98 must be the fastest thing around. That had nothing but stump pulling low-end torque. However, we all know that was not the case.

The LT1 was good for 5.5-5.7 sec 0-60's and 14.1's in the quarter mile. That's about on par with what the V6 will do on the non 2LS Camaros. The 0-60 is a few ticks faster, but overall the performance is very similar. Direct injection, 4 valves per cylinder and a 11.5.1 compression ratio really does help even though the torque is only 278 lb-ft.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:57 AM   #36
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
So true..you can't claim to be a victim when you lead the charge on l99 bashing.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #37
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post

TY although I disagree with everything you stated about the TA's. The LT1 was a heavy slow pig. I owned 6 LS1 cars so I know them very well. For what ever reason this car runs so well I hope it stays this way a very long time. I can tell you this much Any car with this much performance that is averaging 25mpg on regular fuel blows my mind. If I run the TA the way this car runs it would be getting 15mpg on premium!

Sorry for calling the LT1 a pig but they were slow cars.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:05 AM   #38
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Ron please seek professional help and maybe a fast car.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #39
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Your TA was old and wore out, bro. I had an 00 quad snout WS6 convertible 6-speed brand new back in the day and it was pretty strong. I rented a V6 Gen 5 several years ago and was impressed with its power, but the car is too heavy for it to compare with the TA.

Glad you’re enjoying your new ride. Welcome to the Gen 5 club!!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 AM   #40
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I don't have old muscle cars to draw comparisons to* but I prefer to think of my L99 as a factory freak! With only a tune and CAI, one false move and I'm eastbound in the northbound lane. I probably shouldn't have anything much faster. Unless of course you're giving them away.

*the closest thing I drove regularly was my mom's '67 Cougar 3-speed 289. Hardly a muscle car of the day, but she thought it was!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Ron please seek professional help and maybe a fast car.
Please....fact is you are drooling over a 14 second car as fast. At least tell me you have ran one of your cars at the strip. Whatever you do don't test drive a Honda Civic....your butt dyno would have you thinking that's fast as well. The v6 Camaro is a good car...but get ahold of yourself man.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #42
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Please....fact is you are drooling over a 14 second car as fast. At least tell me you have ran one of your cars at the strip. Whatever you do don't test drive a Honda Civic....your butt dyno would have you thinking that's fast as well. The v6 Camaro is a good car...but get ahold of yourself man.
Man this is a stupid conversation, you are bragging about your car versus a stock V6. Lets not forget your car is modded, stock for stock your L99 won't have him by much at all at the track.