The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #29
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
That is definitely moving!

I'd much rather have an 11 second car that can carve corners like a scalpel and also retain it's full interior. I suppose that is why everyone is different.
I'm with you I purchased a n/a modified Camaro for my collection for that exact reason. If I wanted a car to pull off the trailer at a track and put away when I was done racing defiantly could. However I enjoy a car that can be driven to the races and back home or wherever I want to take it with all the convenience of a modern car. I want to be faster always, but not sacrificing the whenever drive-ability of the car to do so. Not hating on race cars. Love watching them go fast and break records, Just not my thing and to each there own.
I think its amazing we have the big 3 making cars that are capable of super car levels. Hope the fun never ends!
Old 04-12-2019, 03:44 PM   #30
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
I have a friend that built an Olds for the 1320 and I got to tell you that it is a good car for the 1320 but temperamental to the point that it annoying, Race fuel only NA big block engine, cage, spool strange axles with a manual valve 400 and all that comes with type of car. I like the idea of a more streetable car that can run a low 9 sec quarter then dive 2 hours home from the track and get 20mpg on that trip.

Not sure about in the US but 60k-70k in Canada does not build a 8 sec car
I think its more of what type of 8 second car your going after. Are you willing to use budget conscious parts or do you have to have the latest and greatest expensive crate motor and other new parts from the best of everything. Do you want the car to make 500 passes before rebuilding or 100. Do you care if its a "POS" or do you want new and shiny? Can you do most of the work yourself or do you pay for that as well? Suppose what I'm getting at is it can be done on a budget and be fast. Will it be as good or look as nice as the person who spent 75K to do so, highly doubtful. Can the budget build guys keep up with the latest and greatest absolutely. Will it be as pretty and last as long doubtful. Just check with the Road Kill guys who seem to enjoy their junk builds. Not really a fan but credit where credit is due. Again to each there own.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:35 PM   #31
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
I'm with you I purchased a n/a modified Camaro for my collection for that exact reason. If I wanted a car to pull off the trailer at a track and put away when I was done racing defiantly could. However I enjoy a car that can be driven to the races and back home or wherever I want to take it with all the convenience of a modern car. I want to be faster always, but not sacrificing the whenever drive-ability of the car to do so. Not hating on race cars. Love watching them go fast and break records, Just not my thing and to each there own.
I think its amazing we have the big 3 making cars that are capable of super car levels. Hope the fun never ends!
I get what you are saying and I agree but AJ's car is for sure "daily driveable".

Quote:
I think its more of what type of 8 second car your going after. Are you willing to use budget conscious parts or do you have to have the latest and greatest expensive crate motor and other new parts from the best of everything. Do you want the car to make 500 passes before rebuilding or 100. Do you care if its a "POS" or do you want new and shiny? Can you do most of the work yourself or do you pay for that as well? Suppose what I'm getting at is it can be done on a budget and be fast. Will it be as good or look as nice as the person who spent 75K to do so, highly doubtful. Can the budget build guys keep up with the latest and greatest absolutely. Will it be as pretty and last as long doubtful. Just check with the Road Kill guys who seem to enjoy their junk builds. Not really a fan but credit where credit is due. Again to each there own.
Yes and the other aspect of it is it actually track legal to run 8's. That alone can be a tremendous expense.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:36 PM   #32
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

Yes and the other aspect of it is it actually track legal to run 8's. That alone can be a tremendous expense.
That is so true I've been present at "street races" where one person refused to race the other due to feeling his car wasn't safe. Simply refused to line up with him and rightfully so it was a stripped out death trap. The car that refused was built properly and would think could run on any track.
Still certain one could safely get into the 8's for under 75K. Might not look as good doing it but could be done and meet track standards.
I did end up purchasing the 327 out of that death trap for my '66 Malibu 300 Deluxe about 30 years ago.
Damn getting old.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #33
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Car got an upper and lower pulley and bigger injectors and obviously running at Atco on a negative DA day with race fuel. Still impressed as f... Still stock suspension and exhaust. Car made 933rwhp.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #34
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Car got an upper and lower pulley and bigger injectors and obviously running at Atco on a negative DA day with race fuel. Still impressed as f... Still stock suspension and exhaust. Car made 933rwhp.
Absolutely! Along with the 9.18 ET, the 1.34 60' and almost 150 mph is flat out awesome!

And for the record to whomever claimed AJ's car had a "gutted" interior....that's totally false. His car is a rear seat delete optioned car along with the 3.09 rear upgrade. The only interior piece that was pulled for the 9.18 pass was the passenger seat.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:19 PM   #35
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeevee View Post
Absolutely! Along with the 9.18 ET, the 1.34 60' and almost 150 mph is flat out awesome!

And for the record to whomever claimed AJ's car had a "gutted" interior....that's totally false. His car is a rear seat delete optioned car along with the 3.09 rear upgrade. The only interior piece that was pulled for the 9.18 pass was the passenger seat.
To a lot of people, that would be considered gutted... as its not a full interior car...

Tomato/tomatto...but people do make those distinctions
Old 04-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #36
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
To a lot of people, that would be considered gutted... as its not a full interior car...

Tomato/tomatto...but people do make those distinctions
Probably only by the people that get beat by the car and start making excuses

S... it's not even close to gutted. Want to see gutted? Go check out Ryan's car lol.

But it doesn't matter. You either run the number or you don't. You either win or you lose.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #37
Tajefe Couple

Hey Ryans car looks like it still has the factory steering wheel if I remember right. lol
That car is fast though for a NA car especially
Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #38
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Hey Ryans car looks like it still has the factory steering wheel if I remember right. lol
That car is fast though for a NA car especially
Haha!

Yeah that car is stupid fast.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-30-2019, 09:22 AM   #39
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Here is the Redeye at the road course

rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:23 PM   #40
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Redeye runs a 9.77

rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:43 AM   #41
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quick update....

There is a stock tune one that with weight reduction ran 9.85 at Atco.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 01-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #42
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
But "weight reduction" can mean anything from a few light weight pieces to this
Attached Images

Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote