Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-09-2024, 07:03 PM   #1
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
driveshaft carrier jxb

have you guys seen this carrier? seems like it really holds the driveshaft from vibration.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:39 PM   #2
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I know there was a guy on the Facebook pushing these for awhile. The company makes allt of the driveshaft carrier bearings, but they only just recently built one for the 5th gen camaros. Everyone who bought one spoke very highly of the install. If I were going to keep the 2 piece driveshaft, I would probably make the switch. However I went with a one piece from DSS and haven't looked back since.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:02 AM   #3
tartagliazl1

seems like a cheaper alternative to than going full dss or gulfcoast driveshaft. With all the vibration issue I keep hearing about with those $1000 plus driveshafts i might just give it a try. Not having a lift really keeps me from buying parts that require me to lay on my back in the garage. I'm getting too old for that.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:31 AM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
I know there was a guy on the Facebook pushing these for awhile. The company makes allt of the driveshaft carrier bearings, but they only just recently built one for the 5th gen camaros. Everyone who bought one spoke very highly of the install. If I were going to keep the 2 piece driveshaft, I would probably make the switch. However I went with a one piece from DSS and haven't looked back since.
Agree - if you're staying stock then this might be worth doing - but the majority of the rubbery/springing feeling of the stock shaft is those awful guibo joints at the trans and diff. For that reason, the 1pc is the way to go for me.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 08:56 AM   #5
tartagliazl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Agree - if you're staying stock then this might be worth doing - but the majority of the rubbery/springing feeling of the stock shaft is those awful guibo joints at the trans and diff. For that reason, the 1pc is the way to go for me.
I agree Andrew. If your car is a track car then for sure a one piece is far superior. But for a street car that never sees the track than i think it probably sufficient.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:42 PM   #6
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I have a 1 Piece Gulf Coast shaft and I also purchased this, I may put this on the Stock shaft and try it. I have the 1 Piece in the car but I am fighting a vibration so I took it out for the moment.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:58 AM   #7
tartagliazl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
I have a 1 Piece Gulf Coast shaft and I also purchased this, I may put this on the Stock shaft and try it. I have the 1 Piece in the car but I am fighting a vibration so I took it out for the moment.
If you do, report back Joe. would like to hear your thoughts.
Old 04-11-2024, 05:06 AM   #8
Joe.G

Will do, I want to get a new bearing, I'd like to keep the owm carrier in usable shape and not cut it to install this.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 04-11-2024, 05:10 AM   #9
tartagliazl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe.G View Post
Will do, I want to get a new bearing, I'd like to keep the owm carrier in usable shape and not cut it to install this.
are the factory carriers discontinued like everything else.
Old 04-11-2024, 06:01 AM   #10
Joe.G

Yes they are, and only ones I am finding appear to be cheap replacements.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,