Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Exaust Help - Search has buried me in a sea of conflicting information

I have a L99 2011 2SS and I've decided to go with the Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back.

As it stands it looks like the cheapest route is to order the axle back from Amazon and search for a local installer. I've tried to buy locally but all the exhaust shops want to sell me Flowmaster 40 series mufflers which I assume are not the same thing as the American Thunder. Am I correct about this? Second question, is there a PRO model and a REGULAR model of the American Thunder axle back or is there only one?

If anyone has a suggestion of where to order what I want at a good price online or locally to Central Florida I'd love to give my money to someone other than Amazon. I'm just beat down from months of confusing, conflicting information and I've grown a little impatient. I can order tonight on Amazon and be ready to install by the weekend.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Flowmaster American Thunder comes in an axle-back and a catback system. ON a L99 car the axle-back is pretty tame because you'll still have the factory resonators in the mid pipe. The catback will remove those and give you some more volume. Either system will sound unfortunate when the AFM kicks on but there is no way around that. We carry both system and generally have solid pricing and free shipping. I'd also add that installing these systems is very easy and can be done in any driveway with some basic tools.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
slomaro3.4

Drives: SS/RS L99 Crew
Muffler Delete?
slomaro3.4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
meshamey
Meshamey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / 2014 Camaro ZL1
Range v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Flowmaster American Thunder comes in an axle-back and a catback system. ON a L99 car the axle-back is pretty tame because you'll still have the factory resonators in the mid pipe. The catback will remove those and give you some more volume. Either system will sound unfortunate when the AFM kicks on but there is no way around that. We carry both system and generally have solid pricing and free shipping. I'd also add that installing these systems is very easy and can be done in any driveway with some basic tools.
Just get a Range V8 to take care of the AFM problem, I have 1 and it is awesome. There is more info on these forums about the Range V8
not sure if i can post website, I will but it may get deleted by mods, not sure

http://www.rangetechnology.com/products/range-v8
meshamey is offline   Reply With Quote