Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #141
20152SS1Le

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Bringing car to different dealer on Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Elite engineering catch can
Texas Speed 1 7/8 long tube headers and Cats
GPI Rod mod and ported intake
Ported throttle body
JRE tune
20152SS1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:57 PM   #142
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I keep coming back to this thread because I keep hearing that harsh bang over bumps where they're re-paving and the pavement height changes... I've been slowing down and the reaction is less harsh but still noticeable... I think I'm just going to take it in
Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #143
Nelly101

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I keep coming back to this thread because I keep hearing that harsh bang over bumps where they're re-paving and the pavement height changes... I've been slowing down and the reaction is less harsh but still noticeable... I think I'm just going to take it in
Taking mine to Jackson cheverolet in Middletown got tired of Gengras Chevrolet keep saying that can't duplicate the problem. Are you taking your to MJ Sullivan?
Old 08-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #144
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We are not that far away ;-)
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:27 AM   #145
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly101 View Post
Taking mine to Jackson cheverolet in Middletown got tired of Gengras Chevrolet keep saying that can't duplicate the problem. Are you taking your to MJ Sullivan?
I've had some pretty good luck with Valenti in Mystic (when I had my 2010) and the 1LE has been serviced a few times by Scranton Chevrolet in Norwich - they used to be Don Mallon.

I'll see what they say then I might try elsewhere. I'm going to spend a little time driving within 1 mile radius of the dealership to see if I can find a bump to replicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We are not that far away ;-)
Oh man, if I could find an excuse to hang out at your shop for a day, I most certainly would!
Old 08-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #146
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I've had some pretty good luck with Valenti in Mystic (when I had my 2010) and the 1LE has been serviced a few times by Scranton Chevrolet in Norwich - they used to be Don Mallon.

I'll see what they say then I might try elsewhere. I'm going to spend a little time driving within 1 mile radius of the dealership to see if I can find a bump to replicate

Oh man, if I could find an excuse to hang out at your shop for a day, I most certainly would!
Always a few cold in the fridge...

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #147
Benjijammin

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I had this happen to me today, front passenger side at about 15mph on a speed bump. I've never cringed like that before!
Benjijammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:50 AM   #148
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Took my car in, went for a short drive they said couldn't duplicate the noise. They ask me to come back next Saturday when they aren't busy, so we can go to a longer drive to the spots I know that will do it. Really don't wanna wait that long, so im gona try another dealer today.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #149
20152SS1Le

dropped off car, hopefully they take care of it.
Ported throttle body
JRE tune
Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #150
2015_1LE_soon

Drives: 2015_1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
When you dealer experienced the difference, did they cover th repair under warranty?
Yes, they covered it entirely, AND gave me a car rental. I was honestly willing to pay for it if they were going to continually brush me off like a frigging moron, but they changed their tone when I said I'd pay for it. They knew that I was f$%king around anymore.

My only regret is not pressing them more at first, because I'm afraid of what damage I may have done by allowing their ignorance to lead me to believe that it may actually be normal.

They covered it all, lab and parts. Either way, all I can say is that if it sounds like the dash is going to fall apart, and you've got the 1le, it's very possibly the strut (1 front strut, or maybe both), and it's worth the $120 or so + lab to simply request the dealer to change the strut if they fail to 'replicate' the problem and refuse to do the job under warranty.

It's such a terrible issue on an otherwise impeccable car/suspension set up... So, my advice - CHANGE THE STRUT(S) EITHER BY FORCING THOSE DAMN DEALERS TO DO IT UNDER WARRANTY, OR JUST GET THE STRUT DONE BY PAYING FOR IT!!

Damn dealers...

All the best to everyone who is trying to work this sh$t out!
2015_1LE_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #151
2015_1LE_soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Took my car in, went for a short drive they said couldn't duplicate the noise. They ask me to come back next Saturday when they aren't busy, so we can go to a longer drive to the spots I know that will do it. Really don't wanna wait that long, so im gona try another dealer today.
My friend, take a night off before you visit them again - find a sewer grade/bump close to the dealership that actually make that terrifying sound, and take them on a ride to that area.

Or, just TELL them to change the strut on either side where you hear the sound, and maybe offer to them that you'd pay for it IF it doesn't fix the issue.

Guaranteed, if you're experiencing what most guys on here are experiencing, it will fix the damn issue.

Good luck buddy.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #152
2015_1LE_soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20152SS1Le View Post
dropped off car, hopefully they take care of it.
Let us know what happened.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:19 AM   #153
20152SS1Le

Huge bang over big bumps

So far standard line of couldn't duplicate issue. I gave them specific places to try and they are taking it out again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ported throttle body
JRE tune
Old 08-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #154
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015_1LE_soon View Post
My friend, take a night off before you visit them again - find a sewer grade/bump close to the dealership that actually make that terrifying sound, and take them on a ride to that area.

Or, just TELL them to change the strut on either side where you hear the sound, and maybe offer to them that you'd pay for it IF it doesn't fix the issue.

Guaranteed, if you're experiencing what most guys on here are experiencing, it will fix the damn issue.

Good luck buddy.
Thanks man. I know the exact spot around where I work, taking them out today after work again. Hope for the best.... Oh by the way, see you are located in Toronto, which dealer did you take to? That might save me some headache since they already seen the issue.

Last edited by Freddy G; 08-18-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote