Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #15
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Definitely view mine as a Muscle car, and can't wait to add headers and other mods to make it street beast.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
I view this as Wow, I'm a speed junkie. Waited for this car since GM started talking about it. When I am done- I hope it is streetable and can run low 10's. She will either be force fed, or Heads and a cam real soon. L99, so I am unsure of what to do next. Both upgrades are on the menu.

Mike
Old 12-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
Lazertoast

Drives: TORMENT - 2SS / M6 / Black on Black
I have read several posts from people who don't like the Camaro in black because it looks like the Batmobile. The 12 year old deep inside me LOVES that it looks like the Batmobile. Besides, if Batman had to drive domestic, he would totally drive a black SS. : )
Lazertoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #18
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Weekend Warrior for me...I pretty much dont even see my car but on weekend's because it rest's in the garage...But when I do take it out, it's
almost like having a brand new car everytime cause I hav'nt driven or seen
it all week. and yeh, I do pretty much give it hell when I do drive it.

NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #19
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I see mine as an object of affection, and something that must be protected- regardless of how big the parking lot may be...
Ditto
wer2foxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #20
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Mine is strictly a daily driver. When I say that, I mean, I use it to and from work Monday-Friday, that is it, period. I use my other cars for everything else. SuperCharged 2ss/Rs daily driver. I know.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #21
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Mine is strictly a daily driver. When I say that, I mean, I use it to and from work Monday-Friday, that is it, period. I use my other cars for everything else. SuperCharged 2ss/Rs daily driver. I know.
Thats awesome...i mean..you may need that supercharger...just in case..lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:55 AM   #22
SRM
New England Daily Driver

Drives: 2010 2SS RS CGM
Daily driver and will most likely stay stock. I like the exhaust quiet and I got CGM with no stripes - so basically I do not like to stand out in the crowd (well, as much as this new Camaro doesn't stand out LOL)

Previous: 2010 2SS RS, 2007 WRX, 2000 Z28, and a few 2nd gen Fbodies...
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 AM   #23
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
There are very few things that can give me a nice wide smile, but this is one of 'em!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 AM   #24
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Just wondering everyones thoughts.
I like mine to feel like a monster, I dont care about it being civil at all. I don't mind the lopey cam, loud exhaust or rattling shifter. I view it as a muscle car and could care less about refinement. It takes me back to earlier muscles cars with those attributes.

How do you view yours?
Fine Stock?
It's a car to be seen in. Cosmetics, rims etc?
Cruiser, Weekend driver?
Weekend track warrior?
Street Terror?
Pavement Melter?

Just wondering how everyone views their own Camaro. How would you describe your own Camaro?

**No flaming others please**
That depends, junk. I'm not sure. I'd rather have a loud exhaust, but one that doesn't shake the planet. Though my Camaro isn't a luxury car, it is treated like that and I definitely don't drive it into the ground. I know Camaros typically are not associated with refinement and class, but perhaps I'm trying to make my car something it isn't supposed to be. Into the cosmetics and looks. Weekend driver only (unless the weather is clear, warm and beautiful, which I might take it out for a day or two during the week. I guess I'm the kind of guy that would rather park my car next to a BMW and Mercedes and be chosen as, not the superior mechanical automobile, but rather the coolest, powerful, awesome sounding, most fun to be seen in and to drive of the two. I like my cars to look mean, clean, not cheapy and/or ricey with crappy ground effects.

The track is not for me. It is too dangerous for me and my vehicle and I don't have the kind of money coming in to replace P-Zeros after a single visit at the track. For me, it is all about the aesthetics. You can own the track man and if you can afford to do it, more power to all of you! Great knowing we have such a mixed group of members residing on either side of the spectrum with some in between!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #25
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I'd go with street terror/track warrior...I too don't care about refinements and all the extras it does have...I don't mind a rattling shifter or loud exhaust. I want to hear it lope and to have people know I'm coming around the corner a few seconds before I get there...that's what I like!

I do appreciate the extras it has but certainly wasn't the selling point when I bought...it was the LS3 and the potential I knew was out there to make a daily driver...yes, I drive it to work everyday...one heck of a street machine!

I have about 20 or 25 passes down the track as well...and when I return I'll have a lot more! I drive my cars and drive them hard...I paid good money to do that...so I will!

I can appreciate everyone's thought on a car like this though as we all have differences when it comes to our cars...I just like mine to be a little louder and faster than everyone elses!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:37 AM   #26
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
Quote:
Mine is strictly a daily driver. When I say that, I mean, I use it to and from work Monday-Friday, that is it, period. I use my other cars for everything else.
I bought mine not intending to be a daily driver, well............I have 6500 miles in 2.5 months drove my truck once and my 09 UC once and wrecked it...

So much for this not being a daily driver.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:38 AM   #27
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I'd go with street terror/track warrior...I too don't care about refinements and all the extras it does have...I don't mind a rattling shifter or loud exhaust. I want to hear it lope and to have people know I'm coming around the corner a few seconds before I get there...that's what I like!

I do appreciate the extras it has but certainly wasn't the selling point when I bought...it was the LS3 and the potential I knew was out there to make a daily driver...yes, I drive it to work everyday...one heck of a street machine!

I have about 20 or 25 passes down the track as well...and when I return I'll have a lot more! I drive my cars and drive them hard...I paid good money to do that...so I will!

I can appreciate everyone's thought on a car like this though as we all have differences when it comes to our cars...I just like mine to be a little louder and faster than everyone elses!
You are going to shread your car if you do. The company that outfitted your car for SEMA made all those improvements for show. I'd love to trade ya and you are crazy if you take your car to the track or try to race it man.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #28
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
You are going to shread your car if you do. The company that outfitted your car for SEMA made all those improvements for show. I'd love to trade ya and you are crazy if you take your car to the track or try to race it man.
I take great care of my cars...even to the point people think I'm a little crazy! I'm almost stupid to the point of taking such great care of my cars...I am just a firm beleiver in driving what you bought! I don't beleive in trailer queens...show car or not!

Now...if this was a 69 COPO or something...sure, it would sit 90% of the time and never would I consider a trip down the strip.

What RKSport did for my ride...I love it all...but it will still have function over form or I won't have it on there very long. I've been down the form road once before and never will I return! I want to drive my car, not sit behind it at a show!

As far as racing...only on the track! I don't street race...never have as I enjoy the track too much and have been going for 25 years!

Just FYI...nothing meant by my relpy...I dig everyone's thoughts on their car.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote