Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-13-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
Nanrok1

Drives: 2012 LS
Please help. Camaro smells of gas in engine bay and engine louder then normal.

Please help and thank you in advance. 2012 camaro ls with only CAI mod. While driving car on freeway there was a sudden decrease in power and engine was louder than normal. The check engine light was on and stayed on consistently without blinking. I made it home but it felt like a struggle. We just changed out spark plugs and air filter. The check engine light has disappeared and after running the basic scanner, came back with codes $7EA, $7EB, $7E8: Engine which doesn’t help. The engine is running louder than normal and the engine bay smells of gas. I haven’t taken it out for a ride yet, I don’t want to get stuck on the hills here.
Nanrok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:33 PM   #2
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LT
Leaky fuel rail, its either that or a injector gone bad
Jarhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 03:38 PM   #3
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LT
Leaky fuel rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanrok1 View Post
Please help and thank you in advance. 2012 camaro ls with only CAI mod. While driving car on freeway there was a sudden decrease in power and engine was louder than normal. The check engine light was on and stayed on consistently without blinking. I made it home but it felt like a struggle. We just changed out spark plugs and air filter. The check engine light has disappeared and after running the basic scanner, came back with codes $7EA, $7EB, $7E8: Engine which doesn’t help. The engine is running louder than normal and the engine bay smells of gas. I haven’t taken it out for a ride yet, I don’t want to get stuck on the hills here.
Has the engine started to rock and roll? I have the manuals (Factory) for the car and everything you describe even limited by your meter. Points to the fuel rail leak caused by injector either offline, causing the smell. I am sure the rest of the codes are related to the rail.

Best wishes

C.J
Jarhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 04:38 PM   #4
Nanrok1

Thank you so much! I will start looking into that. Much appreciated!
Old 08-16-2023, 08:38 PM   #5
Nanrok1

It turned out to be the catalytic converter.

Tags
#gassmell, #loudengine