The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 09-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #29
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Who would i absolutely choke out in tire smoke though?? Guess I'll have to find some hapless ecoboost to humiliate!
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #30
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Oooooooo.... I like the way you think; i can see an un-timely demise for the stock run flats next year

Nothing quite like dropping the exhaust off the car and pulling a few 8000rpm pulls in a small block V8. (yeah the old mans car was 'governed' at 8000rpm... In the late '80s early '90s; yup 'built' indeed) Some of my best memories growing up was at the track!
That's awesome. Cars have an innate ability to bring people together - definitely take some pics whenever you lay waste to those tires and don't forget to share!

-Gardiner
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #31
Corner carver

It's about freaking time i got these up like promised! It's been hard to find the time to give her a good detailing, but the long weekend provided the opportunity...

The mods I've added so far are: GM front facia extension, full light and marker tint from Phastek, GM black bowties, GM black taillights with Gen5diy resistor harness/led bulbs, 20% window tint, debadged, GM 'performance' center caps and gorilla lug nuts... Enjoy!
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #32
Corner carver

The blade spolier (unfortunately for the trunk's paint) was installed at the dealership along with the splash guards
Old 10-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #33
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Love it! Very sharp
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #34
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
I want those tails so bad you just made my decision easier
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #35
warriordave927
Deadpool

Drives: 2016 camaro lt rs m6 redhot
Every time i see one of these cars in a different color than mine i wish i had chosen that color (except for yellow) but then i look out th window and see mine and i love it again. That black car looks beautiful,i want to debadge mine as well but want rs emblems to replace the bowties,think ive seen them on 5th gens before
warriordave927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:07 AM   #36
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I want those tails so bad you just made my decision easier
Thanks for the kind words; after seeing the dark taillights I also had to have them... They look better in person and totally transformed the rear of the car.
I wasn't a fan of the rear end at first, but it looks much better with the blade spoiler and darkened up a bit! worth every penny.... They look spectacular lit up
Old 10-12-2016, 06:16 AM   #37
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
Every time i see one of these cars in a different color than mine i wish i had chosen that color (except for yellow) but then i look out th window and see mine and i love it again. That black car looks beautiful,i want to debadge mine as well but want rs emblems to replace the bowties,think ive seen them on 5th gens before
Thank you! I think the same every time I see a hyper blue or garnet red tincoat camaro.

Emblempros or River City Creations can help you out with your badges, they have exactly what you seek... They both have a few products I'm interested in.

FYI theres lots of how to's on badge removal... I tried fishing line and it didn't work for me; the easiest way by far is just to use a hair dryer on high heat and hold it over the badge untill its too hot to touch, at that point the badge will lift off (i started the edge with a trim panel tool with a microfiber cloth under it to protect the paint in case i slipped)... It will literally just lift off tape and all; if you're quick the tape will roll off the backside of the badge while warm also. After that just some goo gone for the clean up
Old 10-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #38
Corner carver

Now i just need to wrap that antenna and do something with that rear valence
Old 10-12-2016, 07:54 AM   #39
warriordave927
Deadpool

Thanks carver ill check out emblem pros and river city and thanks for the tips on the emblems,i was gonna try fishing line but ill skip it and go straight for the heatgun.

Why do you want to wrap the antenna,is it not body color matched i cant really tell from the pics
Old 10-12-2016, 08:50 AM   #40
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriordave927 View Post
Thanks carver ill check out emblem pros and river city and thanks for the tips on the emblems,i was gonna try fishing line but ill skip it and go straight for the heatgun.

Why do you want to wrap the antenna,is it not body color matched i cant really tell from the pics
No problem for the info... Figure I'd post it up after wasting near $20 on fishing line.

Unfortunately it is not body coloured... It's that dark plastic colour, same as the rear valence

Forgot to add the Phastek led rear licence plate bulbs on the mod list.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:25 PM   #41
warriordave927
Deadpool

Good thing is the valnce isnt textured plastic so you can always paint or wrap it also if you dont like the look of it
Old 10-13-2016, 07:00 AM   #42
1LEJNG

Drives: Red Hot 2014 1LE
Starsky and Hutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Thanks! The black and silver is a classic combo, very nice. My old man's '76 was black and silver (starsky and hutch paint lines) black being the main colour and silver being the 'stripe' that wrapped around the back.... Damn, now I've got more photos to dig up
You really don't give credit to the paint on your Dad's car. I think it looks more like the Camaro that was sold by Baldwin Chevrolet and built by Motion Performance.

Customers could purchase their new Chevrolet at the Baldwin dealership and specify it to be converted into a Motion-prepared supercar. Beginning in 1967, Baldwin/Motion offered “The Fantastic Five” Novas–full-sized Chevrolets, Chevelles, Camaros and Corvettes, all powered by a 427-cid engine that produced in excess of 425 horsepower. The Baldwin/Motion cars weren’t just engine swaps. They were exceedingly well-engineered, completely balanced supercars with beefed-up drive trains, stronger brakes, and competent suspensions that produced results that far outstripped factory-built musclecars. Motion customers could order engines built up to 500 horsepower.
1LEJNG is offline   Reply With Quote