Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-03-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
78yellow78

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
3 minor gripes - Insight?

I've had my 2017 ss 1le for about a year. It is a great car, but I have three gripes that confuse me about the design of the car:

1) Why is the fill hole on the m6 transmission 1/8 of an inch too high? Removing 1/8 inch of fluid is... odd. And messy.

2) My Star Wars action figures in 1985 cost $20ish. How can a plastic injection-molded knee pad in my Camaro cost $250? My star wars dudes had moving parts. You would think that you could make a knee pad with no moving parts for considerably less. My star wars dudes would also come with a helmet or a cool gun. You get nothing of the sort with the knee pads.

3) Why are there so few places to safely put a jack? This kind of goes for all new cars. I get that unibody leaves manufacturers with fewer options, but, to me, lifting points seem like they should be a bigger design consideration than they ever are. I bet the ZL1 addons guy got to put his kid through college just on jack point sales.

Sorry for the rant. It's really a little tongue-in-cheek because I truly do love the car. I just find some design choices baffling. Any insight?
78yellow78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack points, knee pads, lift, rant, star wars