Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-21-2020, 08:06 PM   #1
HeyZeus

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS RS
First time Camaro owner

Hey guys, I just bought my first Camaro 2 weeeks ago. It’s a 2010 2SS and I have been wanting it since I first moved to the states.

I’m not super familiar with what a stock Camaro looks like under the hood so just wondering if anyone is able to help work out what modifications if any it already has?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images

HeyZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:11 PM   #2
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Where did you move from? As far as the car it looks like it has some type of cold air induction kit on it and possibly headers but can't tell from the pic. If you take a pic of one side of the motor I can tell you if it has headers on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:18 PM   #3
HeyZeus

Moved over from Australia 5 years ago. Fell in love with Camaros when I saw one over there but they are unobtainable due to price over there. Ok I’ll try and get a better picture tomorrow and put it up
Old 01-21-2020, 08:19 PM   #4
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
That's a Cold Air Inductions intake. Best of the best. It's got a blackout light kit. It has a heritage grille. About all that i can see from pictures.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:20 PM   #5
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Cold air induction air box. it has stock manifolds. You can see the heat shield on it on the top right side of motor pic. It also has a heritage grille. More than likely cat back exhaust
Old 01-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #6
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Cold air induction air box. it has stock manifolds. You can see the heat shield on it on the top right side of motor pic. It also has a heritage grille. More than likely cat back exhaust
Yeah it kind of looks like the heat shields but hard to tell, it's probably just the stock manifolds.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
Umbriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyZeus View Post
Moved over from Australia 5 years ago. Fell in love with Camaros when I saw one over there but they are unobtainable due to price over there. Ok I’ll try and get a better picture tomorrow and put it up
It is most likely the stock manifolds but it's hard to tell from the pics. Glad you were able to get into one over here, I've had a Camaro for the better part of 25 years now, saying that makes me feel old.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:32 PM   #8
HeyZeus

Awesome. Thanks for all the help already. I want to start working out what mods I want to do to it but without having any idea what is already done makes it tough
Old 01-21-2020, 09:27 PM   #9
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
CAI intake and for sure factory headers due to the heat shields as others have mentioned. Welcome to Camaro 5 and congrats on the ride.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #10
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
As others have said, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake is about all for aftermarket under the hood. It, Roto-fab, and Vararam are the top three choices for quality, fitment, and performance. You're also fortunate to have a Heritage grill installed already. While a GM part, I don't remember many of them being installed at the dealership until 2011. A great upgrade IMO, as I installed one on my car too. Also, looking at the rear picture you appear to have at minimum an axle back exhaust if not a catback. Either way you have some sort of aftermarket exhaust done. The exhaust manifolds at the engine are stock. The car is a later 2010 because of the lack of "chicklets" and back up sensors. Nice score! I love cyber gray metallic, it's a great color.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #11
BlazeNGlory

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Nice buy. I echo other comments that you scored with a heritage grill already installed. Also, looks like it has blacked out side markers and taillights.
Hotchkis Lowering Springs, Pfadt Balance Rear Sway Bar, BMR End Links, Cadillac ATS Front Brembo 4-Piston Brakes, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, VMAX Ice-olator, Volant Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Magnaflow Axle-Back Exhaust, JEGS Exhaust Cutouts, GM Strut Tower Brace, Hurst Comp Shifter, Heritage Front Grill, 3D Carbon Front Air Dam, T-Rex Lower Billet Grill, 3D Carbon Front Vendor Vents, 20x9 OEM Polished RS/SS Wheels Front & Rear
BlazeNGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #12
HeyZeus

Awesome, thanks for all of the info! The exhaust sounds amazing, I can’t help but smile everytime I start her up. I figured it was aftermarket but wasn’t sure.

Got a great deal on it and can’t wait to make it more my own.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #13
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeNGlory View Post
Nice buy. I echo other comments that you scored with a heritage grill already installed. Also, looks like it has blacked out side markers and taillights.
Good catch on the blacked out markers and taillights. The taillight bezels and rear bow tie are also blacked out.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:02 AM   #14
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyZeus View Post
Hey guys, I just bought my first Camaro 2 weeeks ago. It’s a 2010 2SS and I have been wanting it since I first moved to the states.

I’m not super familiar with what a stock Camaro looks like under the hood so just wondering if anyone is able to help work out what modifications if any it already has?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
good find im looking for a vert
Sxren_Camaro'13 is offline   Reply With Quote