Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-01-2022, 06:49 PM   #1
2015maggie

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
Exclamation 2015 Camaro SS throttle body issues

My 2015 Camaro ss with a Magnuson tvs2300 has been having reduced engine power issues. Two months ago I had the throttle body replaced at the dealership I got the car from, but this week it went into reduced power mode again. This second time I turned the car off and back on and it drove home fine. After a few times of starting the car the CEL went away and it seems to be driving fine. Would my supercharger be causing something that the dealership wouldn’t figure out? The code it threw this second time was P2135. I got it diagnosed at a different shop for a second time and they said my throttle body is bad. The throttle body they’re referring to is the one I just had replaced. Is there a specific throttle body that I need to work with my supercharger? I’m going Monday to get my car fixed at the dealership I got the car from on warranty but I don’t want this to be a regular issue. What could cause this to happen two times so close together? I’m not the most mechanically inclined person I just know it’s a scary feeling when your car all of a sudden doesn’t want to go past 10 miles per hour. Any help would be appreciated I just want my car to be okay. Thank you
2015maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:18 AM   #2
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015maggie View Post
My 2015 Camaro ss with a Magnuson tvs2300 has been having reduced engine power issues. Two months ago I had the throttle body replaced at the dealership I got the car from, but this week it went into reduced power mode again. This second time I turned the car off and back on and it drove home fine. After a few times of starting the car the CEL went away and it seems to be driving fine. Would my supercharger be causing something that the dealership wouldn’t figure out? The code it threw this second time was P2135. I got it diagnosed at a different shop for a second time and they said my throttle body is bad. The throttle body they’re referring to is the one I just had replaced. Is there a specific throttle body that I need to work with my supercharger? I’m going Monday to get my car fixed at the dealership I got the car from on warranty but I don’t want this to be a regular issue. What could cause this to happen two times so close together? I’m not the most mechanically inclined person I just know it’s a scary feeling when your car all of a sudden doesn’t want to go past 10 miles per hour. Any help would be appreciated I just want my car to be okay. Thank you
Ask them to install a "pig tail" connector at the throttle body and to make sure they solder the connections. Common issue, I'm surprised they didn't do that the first time, however looking at the guys we have working in my shop I guess I'm not that surprised!
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reduced engine power, throttle body, tps