Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-27-2022, 11:26 AM   #1
DavidinTexas
Now in Florida

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Coupe
Exclamation Grey cloud over my Camaro

I do almost all of the work on my 2017 Camaro 1LT Coupe 2.0L Turbo. My car was one of the "shudder" affected, and it had to go in for the triple flush and transmission fluid replacement. Since then, it hasn't given me that much trouble. I replaced the torque converter as a safety measure, "since GM wasn't willing to own up to the problem they created. Once the transmission issues were resolved, I installed the cold air intake, Go Fast Bits DV+, and sent a bunch of run data off to Trifecta. A few days and $600 later I received the tune file and loaded it into my Camaro. I was shocked when I took my car for a test drive, " I highly recommend the Trifecta tune, combined with the other toys installed on this car, "it is not to be underestimated". I wanted to write this to talk about using a throttle commander, along with the damage it caused my throttle body. At first, I loved the response I was getting. from this "Wind Booster". I could switch between various settings at the press of a button "Bluetooth". After a while, I began to notice a miss, until one day the car acted like one of the cylinders wasn't firing. After some troubleshooting, I found that the "Wind Booster" was causing this issue. Needless to say, "off to the trash it went"! Problem found, I thought everything was back to normal, "but it wasn't". My car began to have a significantly lower idol, trouble shifting, and would bog down and die for no reason, that I could find that is. To find the issue, I spent hours tracing every wire, cleaning every harness "even the ECU", checking every vacuum hose, checking the turbo response, and trying new spark plugs and ignition coils. The "grey cloud" was the P015B generic lean/rich O2 sensor code, "so I changed both upper and lower". I even checked the CAT, "fit as a fiddle", cleaned the injectors, and checked each cylinder NOTHING! Then it hit me, "what if the Wind Booster damaged my throttle body position sensor? I cleaned the throttle body and noticed no improvement. Then I decided the only thing it could be is the throttle body, "though highly unlikely". I found one on Amazon for about $69 bucks, changed it, disconnected the negative post from the battery, reset the ECU, reconnected everything, and...NO MORE GREY CLOUD. This throttle body from Amazon is amazing! It comes with a 24-month guarantee. I am posting the link if you need a new throttle body, and, I am sharing this as a warning "hard lesson" about throttle controllers. The pedal position sensor communicates directly to the throttle position sensor, "but the voltage was too much from the "Wind Booster". It was high enough to cause damage over time. Problem Solved Here is the link to the Throttle Body I purchased. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XM23MH3?...roduct_details
DavidinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 02:41 PM   #2
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
Thanks for sharing, I put a Peddle Commander PC49 on my C7 ZO6 , didn't have it on long , before I used as trade for my ZL1 , I was thinking of using on my ZL1 , but won't. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:33 AM   #3
DavidinTexas
Now in Florida

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT Coupe
I didn't think about the constant electrical signal from this mod. Glad you found my experience helpful!.
DavidinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
throttle body, throttle controller