The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 07-31-2022, 07:52 PM   #1
P-ranger

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Inside left rear rim rubbed.

2021 2ss 1LE bought three weeks ago. Car had just under 5000 miles on it. I put about 500 on it sense purchased. Was putting rock guards on it and when I got to the rear seen the left rear rim was rubbed all the way around. I have not taken the car through any car washes. I stopped called the dealer and they said would look at it this week. Think the dealer does have a drive through car wash, but they should know better. It had an certified inspection completed on it, would of thought they seen it then. But then again, if it was brought through car wash
by the dealer after that would of explain it. Or it has rubbed on the shock? Have any of you seen this before? Thank you for any respones. Love the car by the way.
Attached Images

P-ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 11:28 AM   #2
P-ranger

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS 1LE
The dealer does have drive through car wash. When the dealer and I was looking at it we noticed the front rim also has marks on it and front valance in same area as the inside rail. The dealership is taken care of it. Thanks sorry to take up your time up.
Attached Images

P-ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 07:56 PM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
That's exactly why I NEVER ever let them wash my car after a service!!! When she was brand new, I saw the detail people washing a new Corvette with a BRISTLE BRUSH with a long handle, one you would scrub the floor with. I said oh hell no!!! Not ever. Anyway, glad they are taking care of you. Are the going to replace the wheels?? They should, you can't fix that damage. Good luck..
Old 08-10-2022, 06:37 AM   #4
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
The manual even says to not use that kind of pull through car wash.

*dealers*
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote