Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-14-2023, 01:32 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
NEGLECTED Camaro interior - Before & After

The last year of my career, I was working 12 to 16 hour shifts (AND I lived an hour away, so in reality they were 14 -18 hour shifts). So my life was LITERALLY work, sleep, work again. Even my days off were not for rest and relaxation - they were for RECOVERY, so I didn't have much (if any) time to do things *I* wanted to do, like cleaning my Camaro.

Sure, I managed to keep the OUTSIDE looking decent, but the INTERIOR ...

I stored the car dirty in October when I retired, with a few mechanical issues that could wait until Spring. Since I didn't NEED the car for work transport anymore. So LAST MONTH, I had it towed to my shop. I got it back YESTERDAY (I won't say what I'm thinking about labor shortages causing supply-line issues, it would be censored on a XXX forum )

Now mechanically the car is 100%. VISUALLY, well, I'll let you see for yourself. It also spent all it's time outside, in the weather, next to a busy street (lots of dust + rained on & left to dry in the sun ). So the PAINT needs some serious love as well. Not the fault of the mechanic/owner of the shop, he runs a small (but busy and GOOD shop) and just doesn't have the indoor space.

I mentioned in the 'Off Topic' forum, that I started my own YouTube Channel, so yesterday, I posted a quick "Walk-around" video of the condition of my car's interior - worse than ANY horror movie you can imagine. Then I THOUGHT I was filming how I went about cleaning it, but due to technical difficulties (stupid camera operator - ME), it wasn't recording. So I ended up doing an "After" walk-around with the interior being about 85% - 90% done. The front seats still need shampooed, the rear seat trim cleaned, all the trim dressed and protected and the interior glass cleaned.

I will make THAT video in a few hours as well as compounding/polishing and waxing the exterior.

Here are the videos, take a look for yourself.

Nasty Interior Preview

Interior AFTER Deep Cleaning