Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #1
songbirdskipper

Drives: 2013 rs v-6 camaro convertible
Creaking, Clicking inside Doors

My 2013 RS convert driver and passenger doors creak and click when driving over minor road imperfections. Not loud noises, just annoying in a car with 6000 miles. I took my car to my dealer under warranty about a year ago and he complied with what he said was a service bulletin on the problem, but it didn't help much if at all. Anybody taken the door cards off and solved the problem? A minor issue but I know it must be solvable. Thanks in advance.
songbirdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #2
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Mine seems to be coming from the back seat on both sides. I know it's a drop top but I hate rattles.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
The two rattles I had with my vert where- First one was any time I hit a bump ect I would hear a squeak from the back, this ended up being a bolt on one of the vert bracket came loose so I tightened it up and squeak was solved, the second sounded like the dash or door on the driver side had a rattle, after searching for the noise I found out after the dealer did warranty work on the top they had broken the long plastic trim piece on the front of the convertible top,, so I solved this noise with two sided auto trim tape where they had broken one of the mounts, good luck with solving your issues
Old 02-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #4
flying-banana

Drives: 2012 SS Convertible
I've had a creak from the glass, it was due to the foam seals around the top of the back two windows coming out of their runners.

It's hard to notice when it's out of place, as it stays in place but hangs a bit lower, if you press it and there's a lot of flex it needs to be put back in.

Easiest way to do it is to put the top half way down them press foam seal back in, hopefully this is the issue as it's an easy fix
Attached Images

flying-banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbirdskipper View Post
My 2013 RS convert driver and passenger doors creak and click when driving over minor road imperfections. Not loud noises, just annoying in a car with 6000 miles. I took my car to my dealer under warranty about a year ago and he complied with what he said was a service bulletin on the problem, but it didn't help much if at all. Anybody taken the door cards off and solved the problem? A minor issue but I know it must be solvable. Thanks in advance.
Hi songbirdskipper,

General Motors works hard to create high quality products that we hope will exceed your expectations and we understand how a noise concern could be displeasing to hear while driving. If you are interested in having a second opinion at another dealership, we are happy to help with that process. Please feel free to send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information and preferred dealership if interested.

All the best,

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/CuUIk9 Posted by Whoomba[/url] Mine seems to be coming from the back seat on both sides. I know it's a drop top but I hate rattles.
Hey Whoomba,

We regret to learn your Camaro is also experiencing a noise concern as we certainly recognize the discontent this may cause. Though I am unable to speculate the cause of your concern, I would be glad to help arrange a diagnosis appointment at your preferred dealership. If interested, please send us a private message with your VIN, mileage, full contact information, dealership name and any additional details about your noise concern that you see fit.

Kindly,

Steph B
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-15-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
Moreair1

When scheduling an appointment research the dealer first, both times my car has been in to do oil changes and the chevy dealer has done recall work they seem to do something, from breaking things to making scratches in the plastic or just not making sure everything is tight, but on the other side I went to a dealer in another state while visiting family and the service was awesome and the staff was very educated, so not all gm dealer service shops are created equal, a few I have seen I wouldn't even let the change my gas cap let alone real engine work

Last edited by Moreair1; 02-15-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Moreair1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:08 PM   #8
songbirdskipper

Creaking, Clicking Inside Doors

i may be on the trail of a solution to the driver and passenger door noise problem. the noise i'm experiencing may best be described as the inside door panel moving against the more rigid material inside the door. today i removed the inside door panels (4 7mm screws and a torx screw) while leaving all the wiring conected. the driver's door 7mm screw at the door latch position was not tight while the others seemed to be secure. i found some flexible foam packing material and used a razor knife to cut several pieces about 4x4x1/2. i used rtv to glue a couple of the cut pieces to the foam contact points inside the door. essentially this makes the foam contact points inside the door thicker which makes the door panel fit tighter when all the screws are reinstalled. i took my vert on a short test drive on bumpy roads and heard not a peep. this might be a permanent fix.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #9
Moreair1

Old 02-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #10
songbirdskipper

i'm happy to report that both doors on my 2013 rs vert are now totally quiet, both top up and top down. if the factory were to make the foam spacers just a little thicker inside the doors, this would not have been a problem for me (and for others?). thanks for the replies.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #11
gprox_69

Drives: 2LT/RS v2.0 & 2016 2SS
2016 2SS COUPE

for some unfortunate reasons... i get having these 2016 camaro issues.. FIRST my 2LT: GPS issues that i had to go back in the dealership for 3-4 times.. i ended up trading it for a 2SS... now, the 2SS: rear diff sound issues and this door/dash squeaking.. damn!!! makes me dont want to purchase another camaro AGAIN!!!... theyve gotta be kidding me!!! a car worth 40 gran should ALWAYS pass QC and be released without any issues... frustrating!!!!!
i dont just drive... i drive a CAMARO .. name is IRAQ.. born from blood and sweat.. ripping roads.. and now proud to announce, SPARKY, the new addition to the family.. my 2SS baby... #fasterthanaspeedingticket
gprox_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #12
SatSky08

Drives: '08 Saturn Sky, '14 2LT Convertible
Songbirdskipper sounds as if you've fixed your problem, but here's my experience in case it helps anyone. My '14 had a rattle in the driver's side door so I asked the dealer to check it out. They reported that there was a problem with the window lift mechanism being out of adjustment or alignment or some such (sorry, I don't recall the details). Whatever they did seemed to help but the rattle came back quickly. I took it back in and they worked on the window again and it seems to be fixed now.

I notice that the door panels do seem to have a lot of flex in them so your repair makes sense to me.