The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Thumbs up iPhone iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak

iPhone 3g, 4G, 4S users, good news! Today pod2g released iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak for public use. For those unaware, Jailbreaking allows iPhone users to "hack" their phone and remove limitations imposed by Apple on devices running iOS. Also, it allows users to install apps for free, although you can still pay for them. I sometimes install and test apps to see if I like them before paying for them. I ABSOLUTELY support developers, before anyone thinks I'm advocating ripping off software developers. Jailbreaking is not for the faint at heart. Lots of times jailbreaks are beta versions, or tethered (meaning you have to connect to a computer every time you reboot your phone). Today's release is untethered. I've just updated to 5.1.1 and used Absinthe. Works great so far. Thanks pod2g and the entire DevTeam...you do great work. Donated! Good luck to iPhone users that Jailbreak!!!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Mmmmm... A fellow jailbreaker here!!! I just leave my interest in Jailbreaking, theming and hacking iPhones for Jailbreak, theme and mod Camaro! Lmao! Been part of the Apple family since the iphone came out on 2007, i have all of them! Waiting this fall for the next iphone! I hope is complete different!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Mmmmm... A fellow jailbreaker here!!! I just leave my interest in Jailbreaking, theming and hacking iPhones for Jailbreak, theme and mod Camaro! Lmao! Been part of the Apple family since the iphone came out on 2007, i have all of them! Waiting this fall for the next iphone! I hope is complete different!
Great thing about this Monchy...it's FREE!!! . I've had all versions of the iPhone, except 4S. I'm waiting on the new one as well. Heard it'll have a larger screen, and be slimmer. I almost upgraded to a 4S yesterday, but with this new Jailbreak out, I don't see a reason to. Enjoy!