The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #127
Cully77
FOUR T 5

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th
Last thought— just because every team has had bad calls against them isn’t a reason to throw your hands up and said oh well it happens.

It should be a rallying call to the NHL to sit down and figure out how to officiate the playoffs consistently, what can/can’t be video reviewed, and what is in the spirit of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #128
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cully77 View Post
Last thought— just because every team has had bad calls against them isn’t a reason to throw your hands up and said oh well it happens.

It should be a rallying call to the NHL to sit down and figure out how to officiate the playoffs consistently, what can/can’t be video reviewed, and what is in the spirit of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely. We can certainly agree on this. I am so bloody sick of watching an icing get waved on one end (where a player is 20 feet away) but on the other end, a player is 2 feet away and its not waved off. I'm sick of ticky tack fouls being called one way and not the other.

I'd also REALLY like to advocate for some kind of central officiating either in each building or from the main office, where they are watching for obvious missed calls. Like the missed high stick against the Sharks I believe in the 2nd period... that should have been called and the Avs awarded a Penalty opportunity. I'm going to ignore the one in the 3rd period, he looked like he took a dive more than anything..