The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes

Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #43
rx-hawk

Drives: 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
We have been running the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on all of our builds for about a year now. To say the tire is incredible would be an understatement. I have two full track days and 5000 miles on a set and they seriously look brand new. The grip is incredible and the fact that they hold up is simply amazing. The stock pirellis on both the camaro and mustang were TERRIBLE! Grip was subpar and if you get 20,000 miles out of them it's AMAZING.
I agree. I bought the Michelin Pilot SS tires for my Mazda last year, did a track day at Laguna Seca with em and drove all the way home on them. Not that I have a whole lot of experience with different tires, but they are the most incredible tire I've ever owned. They are more expensive than other tires, but so worth it.

When I saw the Stingray is getting them stock...I'm thinking hmmm....maybe its time to trade up

2011 Black 2SS/RS - Kooks headers, GM Performance Exhaust
rx-hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #44
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
300 treadwear seems room to upgrade.. pilot sport cups maybe..
wonder how wide u can fit in rear for more traction after upgrades
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #45
Daktuh

Drives: White C7 Z51 2LT
Initial impressions about my new C7 Z51 coupe - i had Michelin all season performance tires (Pilot Sport A/S 3's) put on instead of the summer only tires - picked up the car 4 days ago. The tires seem to have decent grip - although I am still in break in mode so I am not pushing the car too much. Going w/ all seasons seemed like a good move if you live in a colder region - and want to drive the car when it is cold and dry out - and don't want to worry about the summer tires cracking while they are being stored in an unheated garage.
Daktuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #46
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I went 325mm on my Z51
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote