The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-09-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
Cj1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Smile LT1 in Florida

Hello everyone! Looking forward to rapping with you all, gaining knowledge and being of help/support in anyway I can to the forum and its members.

I consider myself a car person. I've owned many Foxbody Mustangs growing up, SN95's and a S197. I bought a 96 Camaro SS #989 with only 1600 miles on it for my parents in 2017, but the clutch operation was too much for them,, so I kept it for awhile. From there I went to Mopar and had a few Scat Pack Chargers. I've had a Kia Stinger GT2, Veloster N w/PP, and a Civic Type R to see what the hype was about. There was something about everyone of them that disappointed me, the CTR the least, the Stinger the most). I am currently driving a Accord 2.0T and am waiting on my 2022 Camaro LT1 to arrive. It's labeled 'in transit' lol.

I don't know if I should open a thread with this question but I'll ask here and move it if told to. Here it goes...

2022 LT1 in Black with RS/Redline package, 10spd auto, dual mode exhuast, technology package w/Bose, black Strut tower brace,
$43,170.

I understand the msrp is approaching SS1/SS2 territory and what I really want is a SS1 1LE. The dealer was asking $5000 mark up on top. I talked them down to $1800. Other dealers were firm on a $3000 mark up, so I thought I did okay. I am trading in my 21' Accord which I figured they would offer $26k-$28k (it has 6000 miles), but they offered $36000, which is $3000 more than I paid for it. I have never paid over MSRP for anything, I know these are new times and it's becoming common place, I justified it being okay due to them offering $36000 for my trade. I would have been happy with $30k-$32k considering I paid $33k for it. Financing to own is at 1.9%.

Advise, opinions, talk me out of it, talk me into it, or into something else. Please, I'm pulling the hair out of my head and going around in circles. Lastly, people seem to compare the LT1 to compete with the 5.7 hemi. I hope that's not the case, I was hoping it would compete with the 6.4 hemis I'm used to driving. Can't even test drive a LT1, there are none on dealers lots! Excited, but nervous.

Cj
Cj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 06:47 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!