Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 AM   #15
Ex-stang

Drives: "Sergeant" a 1LT/SIM/RS/CONN/BA/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
I'm not keen on removing the rear bowtie, as I'm worried about scuffing/removing the paint/clearcoat. Are there any other options? Is there anyone in Ontario making pre-cut decals? I think that's the route I want to go.
I have tried pre-cut , and trust me you want to go with a full band and then cut around.Use a heat gun or hairdryer to stretch out the decal.
The precuts just didnt stretch out right around the little hump on the front bowtie.
Good luck.
Ex-stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
I have them here at my dealership. If anyone in the GTA wants them let me know and I'll bring in more.
I just need one for the rear. I replaced my front grill entirely.
How much is the rear and when can I come up and pick it up
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #17
D0NARUMA

Drives: 1 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkngldbabe View Post
I have them here at my dealership. If anyone in the GTA wants them let me know and I'll bring in more.
Are dealerships able to get those black GM licensed ones?
D0NARUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #18
SilverRain

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
I got the Defenderworx ones and colour is already worn

I got the black Defenderworks ones. The front factory bow tie can be pulled out and the new ones screwed in. In the rear I used fishing line the get behind the factory bowtie and take off the double sided tape. Then I used automotive goo gone to get the tape off the rear of the car. Automotive Goo Gone does not damage the paint so there were no issues damaging the car at all. I loved the look of the bow tie. The problem I am having is that the paint seems to be wearing down or something. It looks a bit discoloured. It is fine if I polish it but after a couple washes the paint goes back to the worn out/discoloured look on the bow tie. I am thinking about taking it off and repainting it, but that is a lot of work. I am also thinking about getting black "SS" emblems instead and not having the bow tie at all.
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote