Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
vladb

Drives: not yet,but in the process to order
Car Cost Canada reports

Car Cost Canada reports for 2010 Camaro LS, LT1, LT2
You might save few bucks for camaro
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2010_camaro_LS_report.pdf (53.6 KB, 492 views)
File Type: pdf 2010_camaro_LT1_report.pdf (271.1 KB, 177 views)
File Type: pdf 2010camaroLT2report.pdf (262.5 KB, 215 views)
vladb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
C FTPRNT
C- Footprint

Drives: black, ground effects 6.2 man SS
car cost a joke.

I subscibed to car cost before deciding that I had to have an SS at any $.
Looked at 5 diff cars north american and european. They sell your info to dealers who send you countless emails and there prices are what you see "on sale" in the daily papers. Their prices were higher than deals I had already been offered but not accepted 'cause I thought they could do better.
Tint from Linear Auto Gass
C FTPRNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
SilverRain

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
CarCost didn't help my purchase

I tried using CarCost Canada to get the dealer cost. What I didn't like is that it listed Roy Ross as the preferred dealer (I live in the GTA) but they would not discount at all. Even worse, they had longer wait times to get the car than other dealers. So what is the point of a "preferred" dealer that offered no discount at all. When I asked that to the sales guy, he said that others have been charging a premium so I am lucky to get it at full price. Give me a break.
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
thegmconnection.com
thegmconnection.com

Drives: YOURS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRain View Post
I tried using CarCost Canada to get the dealer cost. What I didn't like is that it listed Roy Ross as the preferred dealer (I live in the GTA) but they would not discount at all. Even worse, they had longer wait times to get the car than other dealers. So what is the point of a "preferred" dealer that offered no discount at all. When I asked that to the sales guy, he said that others have been charging a premium so I am lucky to get it at full price. Give me a break.
From my experience with customers who use car cost I think what you spend $40 for a report and you save $150.00 in the end not really worth the headache! Because ultimately no dealer will loose money on cars. If the customer finds a dealer that will more than likely that dealer wont be around in a few years from now! With General Motors going forward there are new standards that the dealers have to abide by and there is huge costs to abide by these rules. I can understanf if your looking for a fair deal. Most dealerships in our area are fair
thegmconnection.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
SilverRain

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegmconnection.com View Post
From my experience with customers who use car cost I think what you spend $40 for a report and you save $150.00 in the end not really worth the headache! Because ultimately no dealer will loose money on cars. If the customer finds a dealer that will more than likely that dealer wont be around in a few years from now! With General Motors going forward there are new standards that the dealers have to abide by and there is huge costs to abide by these rules. I can understanf if your looking for a fair deal. Most dealerships in our area are fair
I have actually used CarCost Canada to buy a Volvo, a Hummer, and a Buick. I love the service. I get the dealer cost report, show it to the dealer and agree on a mark up of 3-5%. It has saved me thousands of dollars and the headache of negotiating. I just don't think it is fair that Roy Foss should be listed as a preferred dealer for the Camaro if they are not willing to offer any discount at all. That is the same deal every dealer will be willing to give so why should the be "preferred".
SilverRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
thegmconnection.com
thegmconnection.com

Drives: YOURS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRain View Post
I have actually used CarCost Canada to buy a Volvo, a Hummer, and a Buick. I love the service. I get the dealer cost report, show it to the dealer and agree on a mark up of 3-5%. It has saved me thousands of dollars and the headache of negotiating. I just don't think it is fair that Roy Foss should be listed as a preferred dealer for the Camaro if they are not willing to offer any discount at all. That is the same deal every dealer will be willing to give so why should the be "preferred".
We have looked it to it its because they pay car cost canada to be the preferred dealer!

Hey if it works for you use it!
thegmconnection.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladb View Post
Car Cost Canada reports for 2010 Camaro LS, LT1, LT2
You might save few bucks for camaro
Good luck getting your dealer to drop 10% on a car that will sell the next week for full MSRP.

This type of service is OK for low demand cars, but unfortunately, the new Camaro is still in the high demand category.
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote