Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-24-2021, 08:19 AM   #57
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
My 6th Gen SS gets plenty of attention but my 4th Gen LS3 swapped Z28 gets about 4x as much attention.

In the SS the most vivid one I recall was when I was driving around UT area (Austin TX) and these college girls were crossing the street at a stop sign I was stopped at and they turned and looked at my car then they just flat out froze in the intersection and just stared at it like they had never seen a car in their life.. it was funny..

The Z28 though I have people open their windows and yell out at me complimenting the car almost daily. Have had people pull up beside me and rev hoping I will rev back. Have had people cross infront of me and ask me to rev it, have had people pull up beside me at stop lights and engage in conversations about it, I even had someone pay for my coffee at Starbucks while I was sitting behind them in the drive thru.

I love both of my babies equally though, although my Z28 is a bit faster than my 6th Gen for now... I will eventually correct that too!
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:58 AM   #58
2019SHOCK2SS1LE

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

And the number 1 question for the car is, "is this paint stock?" Looks like Chevy really nailed it with Shock - lots of people initially think it's an aftermarket colour until I tell them that the car comes like that.
I know exactly what you mean, no one seems to believe it’s factory paint. I even had one guy go over my car looking for the seam because he was positive it was a wrap not paint....... he wouldn’t take my word for it lol

This car gets so much attention everywhere I go...... the old lady keeps telling me she can’t believe no ones has caused an accident staring at it as we roll by.
2019SHOCK2SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:24 AM   #59
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Maybe more dirty looks.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:28 AM   #60
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Only by Rustang drivers.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:44 AM   #61
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
I've only had the car a couple months and have only had it out a couple weeks but have gotten a few compliments. There's not a nice car scene in my area so anything remotely nice sticks out.

The other day I drove it to AutoZone to pick up a headlight bulb for my other car and got my first negative comment. For some reason the employee thought it'd be appropriate to say "You must be paying for awhile on that car unless your dad bought it". Some people.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #62
Xaxas

I've had my white 1LE for a year already and people tend to compliment me at gas stations or parking lots, they always say "I love what you did to the car!" and get shocked when I tell them it's stock, contrasting black on white catches a lot of eyes!

Speaking of eyes, on the road it's mostly girls who stare an uncomfortable amount of time while on the passenger of a truck (yikes), same happened at a car meet and there were better car than mine for sure, but both pulling in an out, a girl (different both time) stared at the car AND THEN at me for some time while holding their bfs hand, I don't want anything to do with that.

Otherwise, I'd say I'm in a nicer part of Florida (shocker) and people drive pretty chill, some cars revs me at the stop lights just for fun, never had a single person actively try to race me like that; EXCEPT when I'm driving through the causeway on early morning on weekends and I allow myself to go fast, sometimes a mid level import will try and catch up until we reach traffic, when I stop but they continue driving like assholes, no thank you.

Very few people tailgate me at stop lights and what not, usually trucks/big suvs drivers, I make sure to go into 1st and start moving very slowly, hey it's a manual after all, otherwise really no incidents of people being rude to me on the road.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:35 AM   #63
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
I've had a guy waiting at a traffic light next to me in a V6 Charger tell me Sweet car man!

Had a hot blonde poke from around the pump while we were both pumping gas next to each other, "You have a REALLY nice car!" (I was totally caught off guard as most girls don't really think twice about cars so I hit her with, "thanks, I appreciate it" -needless to say, missed opportunity there haha

Had one biker in a pack of Harley bikers stick his hand out to acknowledge me as the pack and I passed each other going opposite ways on a 2 lane road.

Had a very nice old 50's Chevy truck I drove up next to and gave thumbs up to and at the stoplight I yell to him, "Hey, nice truck!" He was an older guy and I was 29 at the time and he looked at me kinda dumbfounded and was like, "Thanks... Nice car... very nice car!" haha I wondered if he figured a young guy in a new Camaro would be beyond complimenting his old truck? Definitely not sir, I love the old stuff too!

Had my fair share of people wanting to race and people tailgating thinking we need to go faster than the speed limit in residential zones which I absolutely do not go faster to appease them in.
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:42 AM   #64
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Not really. Maybe a truck or two tried to run me and after 2 secs it was over rover. I don't drive in a area to race really. Got some fast WOT burst to 80mph+ early on a weekend morning and that was about it. That was why i sold the Camaro 2 weeks ago as it was never driven like it should have been.
CHASLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:50 PM   #65
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
I've had my white 1LE for a year already and people tend to compliment me at gas stations or parking lots, they always say "I love what you did to the car!" and get shocked when I tell them it's stock, contrasting black on white catches a lot of eyes!

Speaking of eyes, on the road it's mostly girls who stare an uncomfortable amount of time while on the passenger of a truck (yikes), same happened at a car meet and there were better car than mine for sure, but both pulling in an out, a girl (different both time) stared at the car AND THEN at me for some time while holding their bfs hand, I don't want anything to do with that.

Otherwise, I'd say I'm in a nicer part of Florida (shocker) and people drive pretty chill, some cars revs me at the stop lights just for fun, never had a single person actively try to race me like that; EXCEPT when I'm driving through the causeway on early morning on weekends and I allow myself to go fast, sometimes a mid level import will try and catch up until we reach traffic, when I stop but they continue driving like assholes, no thank you.

Very few people tailgate me at stop lights and what not, usually trucks/big suvs drivers, I make sure to go into 1st and start moving very slowly, hey it's a manual after all, otherwise really no incidents of people being rude to me on the road.

Here in Florida big trucks (pick ups) like doing that. Tailgating thinking they're hot sh**
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:05 PM   #66
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I’ve had people tell me they like the color of my 1le , had an old lady at a gas station tell me it’s nice and ask me how fast I’ve had it , I told her not very and she said , “what are you afraid of it?” made me chuckle.

My 4th gen is loud so I get people trying to race me, a kid in a c7 kept revving and punching it next to me , I didn’t bite so he put on his hazards and turned around, think he got mad.
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:28 AM   #67
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
People seem to love the orange it’s a very nice, bright orange color.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:03 AM   #68
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I just purchased a used 2017 2SS. It’s all black and looks evil.

Maybe it’s the state of how bad people are at driving these days and following the most basic of driving laws (knowing who has right-of-way, using turn signals, driving the actual speed limit, etc.) but I encountered 4 idiots yesterday. 2 didn’t have a clue about right-of-way at a 4-way stop, 2 driving 10 mph below the 35 mph limit with me following, and another just flat-out ran through a 4-way stop because she was looking at her cell-phone.

One in particular didn’t signal, drove slow, didn’t have a clue about right of way, and only figured out which lane to be in at the last second while I was behind them.

Maybe my car was intimidating them?

Likely, they were just shitty drivers but I have not encountered this many idiots in the span of only 3 minutes back to back.

I have been complemented of the car with people saying that it looks awesome and mean.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:07 PM   #69
Ghost_White

Yes....I never got so much attention, even in my Scat Charger. And driving it becomes a bit of a chore because every other sports car or guys that think they're in sports cars, have to rev their engine as they pass, or get passed. I've had this car for 3 weeks now, and I'm just now adjusting to it finally. With COVID and Work From Home (WFH), I've put maybe 100 miles on it since I got home with it. I don't know it's limits or boundaries yet and I don't push a car until I know that. I slowly learn these and then move to the next level with it. I don't do stupid stuff in my cars, let alone stupid stuff when I'm not used to it. I have finally pushed it the last 2 days of driving and it's a lot more of a handful then any other car I've owned.
Ghost_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:29 PM   #70
GrayLT1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
I have a satin silver LT1 so it is fairly low key.. one reason I like the LT1... I really don’t like a lot of attention with the car.. I have had cars that got a lot more attention good and bad.

Really only thing I have seen with the this camaro is V6 and 4cylinders wanting to race (ecoboost, g35/g37, v6 challengers, etc) I guess they see the skinny tires on the back with no rear wing etc. and think it is a v6/4 cylinder.

I’ve only played with a couple of them and both times they dropped back off me fast. I do like running the NPP in stealth mode... what can I say I like sleepers.

FYI: I had a 2018 mustang PP1 fully loaded magneride 10 speed car that every brodozer wanted to race. Was so annoying. Thankfully they ignore my ‘v6’ camaro..well at least so far they have.
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote