The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #43
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
The planets are barely visible with the naked eye and would have been mistaken for stars if we were in the same orbit as we are now, a few thousand years ago.

You obviously ignore the FACT that saturn was observed by historic civilizations as our PRIMARY sun Helios, or Amun Ra, or the very word SATURN that faded away as time when on. Recorded by multiple civilizations all within a very similar fashion. In pictures and carvings depicting the celestial organization that was present thousands of years ago.

Watch this, or not. It explains many of the connections between the religions and symbols within and how they are connected to the celestial movements.

Unfortunate that none of you are curious enough to do the research, and watch some of the presentations. But I'm not going to waste any more of my typing on this subject any more here as there are far smarter people on other forums that I would rather type on this subject too, because at least they can put the effort into personal research before deciding what bs they have been fed their whole life is true or not.
No need to be condescending and say that "there are far smarter people on other forums" and imply that no one here has an informed opinion on the subject just because they don't fully agree with Talbott's claims.

Perhaps, if you care to learn more in a sincere, intellectually honest manner, you would do well to research opposing views.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #44
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
How did previous civilizations know about the planets such as juipter, mars, venus, and saturn?
Well, when you don't have radio or TV to entertain you, and the night skies are pretty much light-pollution free, you get an AMAZING view of the stars. And when you spend a lot of time looking at the stars, pretty soon you figure out that there are certain stars up there that move around quite a bit. The ancient civilizations didn't know they were planets, they just knew they were DIFFERENT because they roamed the heavens instead of going with the flow like the rest of the stars.

Quote:
The planets are barely visible with the naked eye and would have been mistaken for stars if we were in the same orbit as we are now, a few thousand years ago.

You obviously ignore the FACT that saturn was observed by historic civilizations as our PRIMARY sun Helios, or Amun Ra, or the very word SATURN that faded away as time when on. Recorded by multiple civilizations all within a very similar fashion. In pictures and carvings depicting the celestial organization that was present thousands of years ago.

wow, again. Planets are actually usually BRIGHTER than stars. Venus is one of the brightest objects in the sky, with Jupiter not far behind.

Also, even if we were a LOT closer to Saturn, it would not be as bright as the sun. Not to mention the Earth would be a ball of ice at that distance from the sun. Perhaps you all should take some time to actually LOOK at the stars and study some astronomy.... I mean, I've heard some crazy stuff in my day, but now you all want to make up stuff that is quite easily observed to be false.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #45
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Well, when you don't have radio or TV to entertain you, and the night skies are pretty much light-pollution free, you get an AMAZING view of the stars. And when you spend a lot of time looking at the stars, pretty soon you figure out that there are certain stars up there that move around quite a bit. The ancient civilizations didn't know they were planets, they just knew they were DIFFERENT because they roamed the heavens instead of going with the flow like the rest of the stars.

wow, again. Planets are actually usually BRIGHTER than stars. Venus is one of the brightest objects in the sky, with Jupiter not far behind.

Also, even if we were a LOT closer to Saturn, it would not be as bright as the sun. Not to mention the Earth would be a ball of ice at that distance from the sun. Perhaps you all should take some time to actually LOOK at the stars and study some astronomy.... I mean, I've heard some crazy stuff in my day, but now you all want to make up stuff that is quite easily observed to be false.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #46
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Too bad it's not even granite.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Well I realize that, lol, but we can absolutely cut granite with that kind of 'precision'
Old 11-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #47
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Well I realize that, lol, but we can absolutely cut granite with that kind of 'precision'
And granite is a pretty hard rock. So if we can do granite, we can probably do about everything else too.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Watch this, or not. It explains many of the connections between the religions and symbols within and how they are and were possibly connected to the celestial movements.

Unfortunate that none of you are curious enough to do the research, and watch some of the presentations. But I'm not going to waste any more of my typing on this subject any more here as there are far smarter people on other forums that I would rather type on this subject too, because at least they can put the effort into personal research before deciding what bs they have been fed their whole life is true or not.
I'm plenty curious, but the way I see it extraordinary claims require extra ordinary proof. At the very least, they require more than 'go read up on it yourself'. Because if you truly understand what is being said and described in the Polar Configuration theory (I think thats the one you are referencing) you shouldn't have problem explaining how it is correct and how conventional celestial mechanics are wrong. If its true, it should easily withstand the criticism of a few laymen on a car forum. But if its so utterly fragile that it can only be discussed among like minded believers, perhaps we're not the ones being fed BS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote