The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #15
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
I can the mods point about not a STICKY, as it would lend to numerous other requests to get STICKY....... and comments like "why is this post sticky and the mine isn't mentaility"

Do a random "BUMP" to keep on top......

I like the PAY IT FORWARD thread...
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I still don't understand what "pay it forward" is about. Maybe I joined C5 after the original thread and never viewed it. Sorry
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #17
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I still don't understand what "pay it forward" is about. Maybe I joined C5 after the original thread and never viewed it. Sorry
Did you check out http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...194162&page=15)?
Start with the first post, fairly self explanatory after that.

+1 for the petition.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #18
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
+1
Old 01-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #19
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
Did you check out http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...194162&page=15)?
Start with the first post, fairly self explanatory after that.

+1 for the petition.
Oh ok, thanks for the info velociSSimo. I don't currently have anything to give away other than 8th generation Honda Civic accessories and I need cash for them. However this sounds like a nice idea but I still have a question. Would the person receiving the gift come on this forum and post a thanks to the person who gave the gift? Or how would anyone else know that someone got a gift or that someone gave a gift other than the parties involved? Or does the person who wants to offer the gift just use this thread to announce that they have a gift to give and anyone interested posts "me me me" here? Sorry I'm such a skeptic.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #20
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Oh ok, thanks for the info velociSSimo. I don't currently have anything to give away other than 8th generation Honda Civic accessories and I need cash for them. However this sounds like a nice idea but I still have a question. Would the person receiving the gift come on this forum and post a thanks to the person who gave the gift? Or how would anyone else know that someone got a gift or that someone gave a gift other than the parties involved? Or does the person who wants to offer the gift just use this thread to announce that they have a gift to give and anyone interested posts "me me me" here? Sorry I'm such a skeptic.
and you'll understand. There is nothing to be skeptical about. There are some great people on these boards that are just willing to help with stuff people may need.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #21
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
I can the mods point about not a STICKY, as it would lend to numerous other requests to get STICKY....... and comments like "why is this post sticky and the mine isn't mentaility"

Do a random "BUMP" to keep on top......

I like the PAY IT FORWARD thread...
And I understand there side, and your view as well..That being said, what is the intention of a "Sticky"?

Is it not a thread that is viewed as something that would/could/will benefit the overall communitity? All of the threads that are posted Sticky are for the good of C5, from that perspective I no longer see the difference.

This is for the overall good of our communitity, therefore should be a sticky.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #22
Birm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
and you'll understand. There is nothing to be skeptical about. There are some great people on these board that are just willing to help with stuff people may need.

Most transactions are handled via PM, and no one needs credit.

If credit is what you seek, this may be the wrong thread.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #23
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post

Most transactions are handled via PM, and no one needs credit.

If credit is what you seek, this may be the wrong thread.
Nope, I don't seek credit. I was just trying to figure out for myself what the big deal was about making a thread like this sticky. I figure that if I have something laying around and want to give it away I can just post a thread or if I see another Camaro owner somewhere I can offer them the item in person but that's just me. Maybe I am just a huge A-hole. Anyway, good luck achieving your goal OP.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #24
Birm

Quote:
Nope, I don't seek credit. I was just trying to figure out for myself what the big deal was about making a thread like this sticky. I figure that if I have something laying around and want to give it away I can just post a thread or if I see another Camaro owner somewhere I can offer them the item in person but that's just me. Maybe I am just a huge A-hole. Anyway, good luck achieving your goal OP.
I doubt you are an A-Hole if you even took the time to read the thread, or you have considered "GIVING" something away..

Thank you. I just felt if people have a specific place that they can help someone out with just a post as oppose to a new thread (which there are millions by the minute) that one who is looking for help or looking to help can do it in one consolidated area and utilize the discretion if they desire via PM.

Thanks man
Old 01-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #25
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
I doubt you are an A-Hole if you even took the time to read the thread, or you have considered "GIVING" something away..

Thank you. I just felt if people have a specific place that they can help someone out with just a post as oppose to a new thread (which there are millions by the minute) that one who is looking for help or looking to help can do it in one consolidated area and utilize the discretion if they desire via PM.

Thanks man
FINALLY! Thank you. You just answered my question. This would be where I would offer a gift rather than creating a new thread just to offer the gift. Now this makes sense. Thanks again.

Count me in +1
Old 01-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #26
Birm

Quote:
FINALLY! Thank you. You just answered my question. This would be where I would offer a gift rather than creating a new thread just to offer the gift. Now this makes sense. Thanks again.

Count me in +1
No problem, and thanks again
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #27
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:

Count me in +1
Corrrect! It's like a general thread for give aways. I keep stalking it with the hope someone puts up their SS after getting a ZL1
Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #28
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
I see your reasoning behind sticky-ing it, and I think BumblebeeSS2009's idea is great. But if a random person was to come across the site and see it as one of the first threads being at the top where the stickies are, they could just be like hey look at all this free ish, let me make an account and see what I can get. Then it wouldn't be a productive thread. I say people should bookmark it in their browser or something and check on it from time to time because the people that know about it are the ones who will contribute to it. Just my 2 cents.