Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: What brand catch can do you want brandX to be?
Apex 6 11.11%
Elite engineering 34 62.96%
RX performance 11 20.37%
Mishimoto 2 3.70%
Cusco 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #141
AITI
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 LFX Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Yeah it just seems gimicky.. The whole brand x thing. And we don't know the OP, for all we know he could be fudging the results to show whatever he wants. Not saying he is but we would never know. If the company is a vender here and was ok with this "r&d" happening live on the forum then they wouldn't be so secretive about their identity. There is only one company I can think of that would need to keep their identity hidden on this forum until the end when it's too late.
Too late for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You mean bRandX?

LOL! They are NOT a supporting vendor on this forum and the OP has several times stated the "brandx" is a supporting vendor here. One with a long history of providing the best in both products and service as well as years of good standing here. So, it appears a few here could care less what the results are, they just are itching to hate on someone/company that they have a personal dislike for. I have no reason to not believe the OP, and how many of you would take the time to do what he is doing free can or not.

I would also suspect the "brandx" company has done prior independent testing/research in the past or they would really be sticking their neck out here by just up and launching this without knowing ahead of time the out-come. Would be pretty dumb IMHO.

I too would like to see the Company revealed, but the OP is only half way done with the first can being tested.

JP, I think it would be great to see the Mishimoto can tested here as well.
AITI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #142
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
There will always be a few who see "hate" where there is none and none was intended. Such is the "forum" world we live in with the printed word without inflection or emphasis.

All I asked was "What type of filter material is being used in the XMystery catch can?"
I see no hate or finger-pointing accusations there.
Lighten up.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #143
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
Any updates on the catch can?
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #144
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Drives: 2011 v6 manual white with black
I will get with brandX and see if testing against Mishimoto is possible. Would follow up Mighty Mouse. I will soon post some recorded data of my drive. I recorded my avg fuel Eco on my way down and most of the way back. This data is Irrelevant to the testing but quite interesting. It just shows that catch cans in general in fact increase fuel eco as I stated previously.

I appreciate the enthusiastic and positive posts. Thanks for your support everybody and I'd like to assure you that you will impressed with who the brandX is residing from. Unfortunately we are in a hold with some technicalities. Until final approval name cannot be realsed. It's out of my and the owners of brandX hands. They can have a responce anyday now... Time is always against us. Just like the miles I'm driving... Thanks for the criticism and the support y'all I appreciate it...!
Black&WhiteEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:56 AM   #145
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Just actually read through some of those, pretty funny stuff. Pretty much all doing the exact same test as OP but all were done by Tracy or an rx disciple showing how their can is better than others. If this turns out to Tracy related somehow I'm gonna laugh my a$$ off. These results have to be taken with a grain of salt. If the mighty mouse can fails miserably in this test I'm not sure id run out and buy brand x. The line going from the crankcase to my catch can is oily but the line from my catch can to the intake manifold is dry and clean as could be. To me that's a good sign.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #146
AITI
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Just actually read through some of those, pretty funny stuff. Pretty much all doing the exact same test as OP but all were done by Tracy or an rx disciple showing how their can is better than others. If this turns out to Tracy related somehow I'm gonna laugh my a$$ off. These results have to be taken with a grain of salt. If the mighty mouse can fails miserably in this test I'm not sure id run out and buy brand x. The line going from the crankcase to my catch can is oily but the line from my catch can to the intake manifold is dry and clean as could be. To me that's a good sign.
I read each of those, and all were done by different people, none done by RX or Tracy. And if you read, the upr was done by a upr can user at upr's urging. I think you should go back and read. I can see no testing done by Tracy in any of those links.

BigRed, legitimate question, and I don't have the answer. I am interested in the effectiveness more than the internal make-up, but that is still something I imagine we will see.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:28 PM   #147
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
The internal make-up is what determines the effectiveness of the design. Some of us modders might find better ways to improve our own contraptions. Never the closed mind here.

Billet don't get it.
Get it right, then make it pretty.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #148
AITI
Account Suspended

Nothing new here? And yes, internal design is everything...that we agree on.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:33 AM   #149
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
When is the long over due and dramatic reveal?
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #150
AITI
Account Suspended

The OP sent a PM that they had a death in the family.....our thoughts are with you B&W
Old 08-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #151
AITI
Account Suspended

Heard today it was his brother. Sudden. Prayers are with them.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:28 AM   #152
Black&WhiteEnvy
211 v6 m6

Drives: 2011 v6 manual white with black
Edited this post, information was irrelevant and off topic...

Last edited by Black&WhiteEnvy; 08-19-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Black&WhiteEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #153
slotwheels

Drives: like a bat out of hell
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Life can suck. I hope Good things come your way.
slotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #154
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slotwheels View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Life can suck. I hope Good things come your way.

+1