Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
MeanV8

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS, Chevy Corvette,
GPI Make Over

I just wanted to give the guys at GPI Props for the work they did on my 2011 Camaro SS Vert. They installed the SS1 VVT cam, CHE Trunnions, GMPP Lifters, Cometic Head Gaskets, GPI Pushrods, BT Valve springs along with other supporting parts. They also installed a new set of Kooks LT Headers that I had Jet Hot Coated inside and out, HF Cats and hooked it up to my Catback Borla Exhaust. Then installed the 3.91 gears and put a tune in it. Dyno showed 439.8 RWHP so I am gonna call it 440 RWHP
Drove it back to Southern IL and had a smile on my face. Huge difference in the Car!

Extremely satisfied with the care and service I got! Thanks especially to James, and Ronnie for all the preplanning he helped me with. I appreciate them putting up with any impatience I may have displayed, but it has been trying times here and patience has wore thin. The car has been something to help keep my mind occupied and retain some sanity. As you All know the car is not done, but I do have a Good start on it!

Dan
MeanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
jimrhodes

Drives: chevrolet camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV8 View Post
I just wanted to give the guys at GPI Props for the work they did on my 2011 Camaro SS Vert. They installed the SS1 VVT cam, CHE Trunnions, GMPP Lifters, Cometic Head Gaskets, GPI Pushrods, BT Valve springs along with other supporting parts. They also installed a new set of Kooks LT Headers that I had Jet Hot Coated inside and out, HF Cats and hooked it up to my Catback Borla Exhaust. Then installed the 3.91 gears and put a tune in it. Dyno showed 439.8 RWHP so I am gonna call it 440 RWHP
Drove it back to Southern IL and had a smile on my face. Huge difference in the Car!

Extremely satisfied with the care and service I got! Thanks especially to James, and Ronnie for all the preplanning he helped me with. I appreciate them putting up with any impatience I may have displayed, but it has been trying times here and patience has wore thin. The car has been something to help keep my mind occupied and retain some sanity. As you All know the car is not done, but I do have a Good start on it!

Dan
Great review! I might check out their service later on.

Last edited by jimrhodes; 09-11-2020 at 12:46 AM.
jimrhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:50 AM   #3
MeanV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrhodes View Post
Whether you are ordering parts to install yourself, looking for guidance/advice, or need someone for a tune or install. These guys are Bar None, hands down the Best I have dealt with through the work that has been done on my 80 Corvette or my Gen 5 Camaro! 5 Stars all the way!

Dan
Old 08-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Need converter....

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrhodes View Post
Same, couldnt be happier with all the help from these guys. Wish everyone worked like the gents at GPI
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
MeanV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Need converter....
Need?? No! Want?? That might turn into a different story.

Dan
Old 08-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #7
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
LOL, enjoy it man!!!

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #8
MeanV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
LOL, enjoy it man!!!
I have enjoyed every minute I get behind the wheel. It was a short ride home to Southern Illinois from Little Rock, AR.
If I am not driving it or the Vette I am driving my Ol Farm Truck. Did a pretty impressive burnout with it the other day.

Dan