Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Ghosted side markers for me months ago and have no issues!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #30
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Showstopper

Better looking and better quality
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #31
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
I have AAC concept side-mirrors, "ghosted" side markers, grille lighting led's, DRL bulbs..
It's all good!!
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #32
jtfire006

Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
my question is how did you come up with 700 dollars, the acc side markers are no where near that price, they are 200.00 mine work well, if you are not careful installing them you will bend that tab more so in the rear than the front. i would buy agian because when it comes to these parts most of the housing are all the same unless you try to rig up your oem ones. seems to be more to the story then them just breaking, if i was to spend however much you spent i would for sure call them and get them replaced no matter how you feel about them.

i like mine, and will buy from them agian
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #33
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
my question is how did you come up with 700 dollars, the acc side markers are no where near that price, they are 200.00 mine work well, if you are not careful installing them you will bend that tab more so in the rear than the front. i would buy agian because when it comes to these parts most of the housing are all the same unless you try to rig up your oem ones. seems to be more to the story then them just breaking, if i was to spend however much you spent i would for sure call them and get them replaced no matter how you feel about them.

i like mine, and will buy from them agian
Did you only read that one post or did you read the rest where I had said I've bought more that just the Sidemarkers…

This is a total of what I have bought with AAC:

First Order: March, 2011

Sidemarkers (Painted IOM with Kandy Option [Which It Didn't Come With])
$297.10

P13W Plasma LED's
$89.99

Shipping for that Order
$110.84

Second Order: May, 2011

LED Conversion Kit X2
$24.20 X 2 = $48.40

Shipping for that Order
$24.25

Third Order: January, 2012

LED High Power Reverse Lights (Tinted)
$201.60

Shipping on that order
$110.68

Total Spent Without Paying Shipping for Warranty Work

497.93 + 48.40 + 312.28 = 858.61

The price has gone up since actually because when I bought the Sidemarkers were at 50% off for the Painted Option ($140.00 for IOM as of today). So I've in fact spent more that with AAC.

Also everything that has broken from AAC for me has broken when the car has been sitting for extended periods of time. My car was parked December 2011 and not driven until May 2012 (they broke over the winter) and I glued them to my bumper.

I decided to try and rig them to my OEM (about a month or so ago) ones after the second time they broke but I said screw it. There really isn't more to the story than anything that I have provided.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #34
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
My tabs broke, I double-sided taped them in place. Maybe try that. Good luck, hope you get some sort of resolution.
I did the same. On my 3 pair, but will give it to AAC that they always stood behind their product. I've been left in the cold before with some products.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
seasick

Drives: 2013 Dusk Mojave 2SS/RS A8
Pro Tip: You can buy the same footwell lighting SMD strips much cheaper at adafruit.com, in bulk, wire up your own RGB colors, etc. You can also buy the illuminated, metal flush mount switches for $5.95 vice $19.99. A lot of items can be done in a DIY manner if you dig working with electronics and microcontrollers.

The more you know!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #36
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I must be old school, but I wouldn't spend $5 on lighting mods, I don't get the appeal at all.
You're old-school

...and that's ok

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #37
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
If you have some OEM ones cut out the tabs and plastic weld them in to the one with the broke tabs that will fix it and you can keep the look.

P.S. i know its not your job, but this way its fixed and done.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #38
HubStep

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
If you have some OEM ones cut out the tabs and plastic weld them in to the one with the broke tabs that will fix it and you can keep the look.

P.S. i know its not your job, but this way its fixed and done.

Ofer you should sell LED side markers Give AAC a run for their money. :P

My Camaro with the Memphis Belle!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267316
HubStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #39
Camaroblk
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 camaro LT RS
AAC are cheap product and they sell it for alot more !! rip off
Camaroblk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #40
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I eventually sold my AAC sidemarkers and purchased Showstoppers.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #41
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Personally the only item I would buy from this company is footwell LEDs ( and thats only because there aqua matches). Other then that you can find the same, if not better quality stuff from other vendors at a fraction of the cost and 100% better service.

Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS
^This way wayyy overpriced for just a strip of LEDs in a defective case. I also bought the LED because thats the only place I can find to match my console lights. and of course too many threads like this had popped out since I joined a couple years ago

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #42
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Bad soders on wires. Lights don't all work. 3 led bulbs and major major issues in last months makes me wonder why people still buy from them. There lights people. Like little kids. They make pretty colors for,your "muscle" car. Lmao. So to all the guys and girls with nice pretty lights on there cars, why don't you all stand up and demand better. If you don't buy it they can sell it. Instead of paying big bucks for crap just because they pay big bucks to this site to be a vendor doesn't seem like they or the forum have your best interest now does it. Camaro5 can ban me or censor me but the truth be told we all have other outlets to spread the word. So people wake up. Put down the kool aid your all drinking for some of these vendors and go on personal and past experiences. With these certain vendors that seem to have never ending issues with not just the product but also the customer service end. If it was in person would you let a company charge you $100's of dollars and the when issue doesn't answer the door or phone to there shop. So why any different when these company's do it to us here. Take this site for what it is. Vendors exploiting you and there there products for very high personal gains. AAC is just one of many on here that all they wanna do is collect your money. No respect for you,your cars or how hard we all work to make the money they so easy charge us and then give us way below standard products. Makes me so mad and sick of all this. This forum has turned into the amazon of camaro world. All about sales. And less about information and love for the camaro
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote