Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Squealing noise when Car is in motion

Today I was driving and took a corner a bit too sharp and because it was raining StabilTrak intervened. I drove for about a 3 km and then came a stop at a red light. I noticed this high pitch shrieking noise coming from my car. My first inclination was to pull over and stop so I did. Couldn't see anything wrong but now when I back up the car just shrieks. This freaking car has been in for enough problems already and now after only about 30,000 it sounds like it's dying. Anyone know what it could possibly be? It sounds like its coming from the front end if that helps .
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Only thing I know of that makes a shriek or whistle in the front is an Alternator problem or Alternator belt problem.

Before I fixed my IAC problem I put a new serp belt on my 86 and it made a whistle sound. It drove fine so I was just like "what the hell? Oh well, sounds like a supercharger anyway..." Cant hear it anymore tho.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
It makes the noise when the car moves at all in reverse motion. Whether its being pushed in neutral, rocked in park or otherwise.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your vehicle Ninja. The best thing I could suggest would be to contact GM of Canada to let them know you're having an issue with your vehicle. Hopefully they can be more informative on your issue than I can.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote