The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-12-2021, 08:34 AM   #15
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by George-CZ View Post
I’ve driven a Tesla Ludacris and it was a complete pig to drive on backroad curves, the suspension has nothing to offer. I guess my perception of a muscle car is weekend road trips, never seeing a hwy and hauling ass when doing it! There will never be an electric car made to complete with a ZL1.
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 08:35 AM   #16
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
More like "new muscle appliance"

Have you driven one? It's like a fancy fridge. You're going to show it to all your friends and brag about it, sure. But it's still just a fridge.
Watch and listen to the Tesla Plaid’s Nurburgring run. All that is heard is dash creaks and tire squealing. Soulless appliance indeed

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #17
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
How about affordability? Early Muscle cars (Ex: Plymouth Roadrunner) were minimum equipment machines that could get you into a fast car cheap. Wonder if Tesla will offer a model with radio delete?
Old 12-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #18
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
How about affordability? Early Muscle cars (Ex: Plymouth Roadrunner) were minimum equipment machines that could get you into a fast car cheap. Wonder if Tesla will offer a model with radio delete?
THIS! "Small" car, big engine, and no-frills model availability.

And you could wrench on it to make it your own.

Tesla seems more in the snooty euro-performance camp, if we relate back to the cars of the 60's and 70's.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:22 AM   #19
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou gill View Post
I’ve driven a Tesla Ludacris and it was a complete pig to drive on backroad curves, the suspension has nothing to offer. I guess my perception of a muscle car is weekend road trips, never seeing a hwy and hauling ass when doing it! There will never be an electric car made to complete with a ZL1.
As hotlap wrote. Tesla is not a car. Tesla is an appliance.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:15 PM   #20
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Here’s the thing. Electric automobiles are not only here to stay but will be taking over the market in the next decade or so.

Think about this. In the late 1800’s the first time two motor cars lined up beside each other..it was a race. The loser went home and figured out away to go faster ‘cause he didn’t wanna lose again. Then the next loser got faster etc, etc.

Fast forward to 2021. There’s an electric car kinda dominating every stock car at the local weekend fun track. A lot of modifieds too. So what the hell? Another electric car comes to the track and one of them is gonna be faster…guess what..that guy says oh hell no and makes his car faster…etc etc. Instead of wrenching on it he’s gonna use tech and science and engineering specific to the electric scene because like the cars of Christmas past, they all got faster.

In our lifetime we can absolutely count on a couple of things. Electric cars will race nascar or nascar type tracks as well as formula 1 and motorcycle racing. And you can take this to the bank….there will be a four second 300+mph electric car.

So they can call it a muscle car or a toaster or whatever you want..but nobody races for second place.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 04:30 PM   #21
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
And there’s driving a muscle car as we know it now and whatever you want to call what’s coming in the future. I’ll take what we have now for the pleasure of it. Don’t care if they go 400 mph in a quarter....without the sound....well that’s half the experience. It is not just about speed. Ever been to a top fuel event?
Old 12-12-2021, 04:40 PM   #22
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
And there’s driving a muscle car as we know it now and whatever you want to call what’s coming in the future. I’ll take what we have now for the pleasure of it. Don’t care if they go 400 mph in a quarter....without the sound....well that’s half the experience. It is not just about speed. Ever been to a top fuel event?
That’s correct…We all agree on that wholeheartedly.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 05:34 AM   #23
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
A PLAID just hit 8.9 at 155. And I am pretty sure they fixed the power reduction vs runs, well until the battery runs down. And for that matter my race cars of the past would heat soak and loose power. Worse on the boosted cars.

The Chevy E Copo Camaro can do that and they built and did that 2 or 3 years ago.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:17 AM   #24
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
Here’s the thing. Electric automobiles are not only here to stay but will be taking over the market in the next decade or so.

Think about this. In the late 1800’s the first time two motor cars lined up beside each other..it was a race. The loser went home and figured out away to go faster ‘cause he didn’t wanna lose again. Then the next loser got faster etc, etc.

Fast forward to 2021. There’s an electric car kinda dominating every stock car at the local weekend fun track. A lot of modifieds too. So what the hell? Another electric car comes to the track and one of them is gonna be faster…guess what..that guy says oh hell no and makes his car faster…etc etc. Instead of wrenching on it he’s gonna use tech and science and engineering specific to the electric scene because like the cars of Christmas past, they all got faster.

In our lifetime we can absolutely count on a couple of things. Electric cars will race nascar or nascar type tracks as well as formula 1 and motorcycle racing. And you can take this to the bank….there will be a four second 300+mph electric car.

So they can call it a muscle car or a toaster or whatever you want..but nobody races for second place.
they call it Motor Sports for a reason. 0 to 60 mph acceleration isn’t key to NASCAR or Formula 1. I don’t know that the fanbase would care anymore.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 12-13-2021 at 07:26 AM.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:18 AM   #25
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:

I don't race at all, I don't care and even if I were 105 out of 100 starting list members, I would always choose the same.

https://youtu.be/ZJhmPgsBhhE?t=9

This is a muscle car! No Tesla....

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #26
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
We are witnessing the death of the muscle car before our eyes. The bad thing about it is that it may not come back.

Tesla and the other EVs are a sad joke. I wouldn't bother even trying to enjoy one of those as a muscle car. It is better that those brands just leave the muscle concept alone and be what they are, anonymous transportation utensils.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:13 AM   #27
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
We are witnessing the death of the muscle car before our eyes. The bad thing about it is that it may not come back.
This is the truth. Its hard for those like myself that have been passionate about owning, modifying and wrenching on muscle car for the last 40 years. End of an era. Hopefully the woke mob won't ban ICE for hobbyist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Tesla and the other EVs are a sad joke. I wouldn't bother even trying to enjoy one of those as a muscle car. It is better that those brands just leave the muscle concept alone and be what they are, anonymous transportation utensils.
I agree here also. The experience isn't about 0 to 60 mph.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 12-13-2021, 05:56 PM   #28
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:

Electric Formula 1 already exists, its called Formula E. The fact that virtually nobody knows it exists speaks volumes about how much fun it is to watch.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote