The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-28-2021, 10:36 PM   #29
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Update: Once the BBB has completed its investigation and I have the report. I will wait for the EPA to provide me with their feedback report. I really hope the idiots at Roland's paint & body shop get fined by the EPA. All the dots are slowly connecting.

Last edited by Camaro_Fuzion; 08-29-2021 at 11:14 PM.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:47 PM   #30
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Again BBB is worthless! And what does the EPA have to do with any of this?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:11 AM   #31
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post

Yes, the BBB is like a union without a union. Totally worthless! The EPA - Environmental Protection Agency can look into seeing if the business is violating any state of federal laws. The EPA told me they turned over the case to the city of Houston. And that the investigation is on going. I hope the city fines the business for violating some kind of safety work environment roles set forth by OSHA. The goal is to get into the thick of it and find dirt on the business.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #32
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
after hearing your story, you think the EPA really gives a Shit?

Come on, you have to have better things to do with your life!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:22 PM   #33
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
after hearing your story, you think the EPA really gives a Shit?

Come on, you have to have better things to do with your life!
Yes, to get my money back. I will fight like hell until there is a resolution.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:39 PM   #34
Camaro_Fuzion

Would anyone know if suing in small claims court, would you sue the business if it is an LLC? Or the person of that business example the owner? This is a legal gray area I'm not to familiar with. I read mixed reviews on google to not sue the LLC because they are protected and recovery is unlikely.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:40 PM   #35
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:

Yes, BBB is worthless like a sack or rotten shit!
Old 01-01-2022, 03:55 PM   #36
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
BBB is Yelp for boomers.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:28 PM   #37
Camaro_Fuzion

I'll call free legal aid next week. I'm still on the pursuit of this moron who painted my car.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:12 PM   #38
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
BBB is Yelp for boomers.

Yes, a complete waste of time and energy. Moving onto a legal system will be best. If I can recover $1K I will move on from the mistake and only deal the right people next time.
Old 01-06-2022, 04:30 PM   #39
GTO_Gregory

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I would go after the owner of the business in small claims court. After the small claims court there are also upper courts that are county and state level. Even if you win in small claims court you can take your case to a higher court to recoup more money.

Have all the paperwork with you when you appear in court. Even if it takes a minute to find the document you need, the judge is always interested in documents. Make sure you have documents with the guy's name on it.

Even if the business has fine print stating "is not a contract," it doesn't matter.

Contact the local Rotary for advice and somebody who knows the owner. Get two or three written opinions from other body shops. Get a statement from the dealership regarding what warranty the Bodyshop voided. Contact your insurance company and ask a representative to look at your car and the facts. Get pictures of similar vehicles to demonstrate the inferior work.

Before you file the case in court send the business owner a certified mail letter explaining your situation. Don't threaten, and don't foretell your next intention. Just give the business owner every opportunity to resolve the matter.

If you feel there maybe EPA violations, then contact the state and federal agencies. The judge shouldn't consider this information in your case, but its inclusion is notable as a business practice. Bring a copy of the BBB claim to court. Look up state and local ordinances for business management.

It will take work and time, but if you present your case with lots of details you can win. The judge may award you only a percentage of your claim, but the loser of the case pays the court costs. Oh, and don't be afraid if an attorney shows up to represent the business owner.
2006 Quicksilver 6-speed GTO ERL LS3-430, All-Pro 285cc heads, 262/273 .758/.742 116+3 cam, Sheet-metal Intake, 70lb Siemens injectors, SLP, GMM Ripshifter, QA1 Coil-overs front and rear, nylon suspension bushings, Hotchkis, RPM Trans, SPEC twin clutch, SpinTech, Kooks 1 7/8 -2.0", BMR drive train, Kaaz 3.91, Lingenfelter CAI, Baer brakes, mini-tubs, E85.
GTO_Gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:29 PM   #40
Camaro_Fuzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO_Gregory View Post
I would go after the owner of the business in small claims court. After the small claims court there are also upper courts that are county and state level. Even if you win in small claims court you can take your case to a higher court to recoup more money.

Have all the paperwork with you when you appear in court. Even if it takes a minute to find the document you need, the judge is always interested in documents. Make sure you have documents with the guy's name on it.

Even if the business has fine print stating "is not a contract," it doesn't matter.

Contact the local Rotary for advice and somebody who knows the owner. Get two or three written opinions from other body shops. Get a statement from the dealership regarding what warranty the Bodyshop voided. Contact your insurance company and ask a representative to look at your car and the facts. Get pictures of similar vehicles to demonstrate the inferior work.

Before you file the case in court send the business owner a certified mail letter explaining your situation. Don't threaten, and don't foretell your next intention. Just give the business owner every opportunity to resolve the matter.

If you feel there maybe EPA violations, then contact the state and federal agencies. The judge shouldn't consider this information in your case, but its inclusion is notable as a business practice. Bring a copy of the BBB claim to court. Look up state and local ordinances for business management.

It will take work and time, but if you present your case with lots of details you can win. The judge may award you only a percentage of your claim, but the loser of the case pays the court costs. Oh, and don't be afraid if an attorney shows up to represent the business owner.
Thank you for providing insight, experience and direction. Thank you for not trolling with stupid unrelated comments. You are a true contributor and a valuable asset to this forum.