The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-18-2020, 02:44 PM   #57
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockimin View Post
It is not only about hacking but also about the volatility of cryptocurrency. In my opinion in terms of investment real estate is better as the prices there don't change that quickly.
That volatility is great when you trade the macro waves. Pick you entry and exit points conservatively and repeat.

You do have to have the time to do it though, since it does move fast, you have to be able to take advantage of those swings.

The last cycle was insane, history will eventually repeat itself again, as it has multiple times on that market. People like to bag on it in the comments sections of articles, but it is a market that is not leaving, and when the FOMO snowball comes into play, if you have a stake in it, you will eventually see huge returns.

While there are some questionable cryptocurrencies and most are unproven long term, you can't look at it that way. That market is not driven by business factors, it is driven by human behavior factors (at least on the retail side) and there is always one thing that will always hold true for human factors, people want to get rich.

The last cycle saw gains of 1000's of % and in some cases 10,000's %. Think about this... At that time less than 1% of the population knew anything about it. The next cycle, there will be easier access and it is more mainstream.

Even if you don't want to trade, pick a good entry point and just sit on it until that next cycle wave hits. It might be a few years away, but it will happen.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06

Last edited by TRZ06; 05-18-2020 at 03:06 PM.
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #58
LillyPinon

Drives: camaro v8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
It's not as risky as it used to be. The major Exchanges will set things right if there is ever a hack. BinanceUS, Binance, & Coinbase I would and do trust.

I haven't used a wallet, because I actively trade the macro swings and want the money ready to move.

Where people run into issues are on the lesser known exchanges or allowing a BOT your private keys to do BOT trading.
Yes, according to my friends Coinbase is trustworthy but honestly, I am short of knowledge about crypto trading. I still believe to go with gold investments and follow Kitco for anticipations.
LillyPinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #59
Rabid Rabbit
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
That volatility is great when you trade the macro waves. Pick you entry and exit points conservatively and repeat.

You do have to have the time to do it though, since it does move fast, you have to be able to take advantage of those swings.

The last cycle was insane, history will eventually repeat itself again, as it has multiple times on that market. People like to bag on it in the comments sections of articles, but it is a market that is not leaving, and when the FOMO snowball comes into play, if you have a stake in it, you will eventually see huge returns.

While there are some questionable cryptocurrencies and most are unproven long term, you can't look at it that way. That market is not driven by business factors, it is driven by human behavior factors (at least on the retail side) and there is always one thing that will always hold true for human factors, people want to get rich.

The last cycle saw gains of 1000's of % and in some cases 10,000's %. Think about this... At that time less than 1% of the population knew anything about it. The next cycle, there will be easier access and it is more mainstream.

Even if you don't want to trade, pick a good entry point and just sit on it until that next cycle wave hits. It might be a few years away, but it will happen.
Actually I can't agree more with you that sooner or later but we will renew ATH. It is just a matter of time, I believe. Despite these gains of thousands of percents in 2017 I think that it is not reasonable to buy shitcoins anymore waiting for them to bring fantastic profit. I am pretty sure that it is high time to focus on fundamentals like Cardano, Ethereum and of course Bitcoin. To tell you the truth I think that Bitcoin should make up to 75% of the portfolio, my opinion. Btw here is an awesome article about the options available on the market right now of how to make big money https://primexbt.com/blog/make-money...ryptocurrency/

Last edited by Rabid Rabbit; 09-30-2020 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Rabid Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #60
Lockimin

Drives: BMW X5M
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyPinon View Post
Yes, according to my friends Margex is trustworthy but honestly, I am short of knowledge about crypto trading. I still believe to go with gold investments and follow Kitco for anticipations.
Trading always loses to a simple hold strategy. Remember that

Last edited by Lockimin; 11-26-2021 at 01:03 PM.
Lockimin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:58 AM   #61
Teriholl

Drives: Camaro
I've never been fond of them because I don't understand how money not backed by gold can exist. Since when do we have currency that is not backed by gold?
Teriholl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 09:55 AM   #62
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriholl View Post
I've never been fond of them because I don't understand how money not backed by gold can exist. Since when do we have currency that is not backed by gold?
It's not money, it's an item.

Think of it more like buying a car or any collectible for that matter. You buy the item then hold on to it hoping it will go up in value. You can then sale it later to someone else for more or trade it for something of equal value.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:16 AM   #63
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriholl View Post
The dollar is no longer backed by gold, hasn't been for some time. The dollar only has value because we as a society give it value. Same with cryptocurrencies, they have value because their holders determine it to be of value.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 07:14 AM   #64
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
The dollar is no longer backed by gold, hasn't been for some time. The dollar only has value because we as a society give it value. Same with cryptocurrencies, they have value because their holders determine it to be of value.
The difference between the dollar and crypto is that while the dollar isn't fully backed by gold anymore, it still has gold backing and the government has assets such as land, buildings, mine able resources, etc to back it up. Crypto is theoretical money. It's physical value is even less than Monopoly money because at least Monopoly money is printed on paper that can be recycled.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:17 AM   #65
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
The difference between the dollar and crypto is that while the dollar isn't fully backed by gold anymore, it still has gold backing and the government has assets such as land, buildings, mine able resources, etc to back it up. Crypto is theoretical money. It's physical value is even less than Monopoly money because at least Monopoly money is printed on paper that can be recycled.
But isn't all money theoretical money? It has value because we say it does. In Africa they don't value their money, instead they value cell phone minutes so they trade with those instead of money. Value in subjective.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:16 PM   #66
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
But isn't all money theoretical money? It has value because we say it does. In Africa they don't value their money, instead they value cell phone minutes so they trade with those instead of money. Value in subjective.
You're missing the point. If I asked you for a dollar you could hand me a dollar bill, 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickels, 100 pennies, or any combination of the above. If I asked you for a dollar equivalent of Bitcoin what would you give me? There's zero that you can physically give me. Additionally, if people requested the US government to pay their debts and they ran out of money, highly unlikely I know but theoretically possible, they could trade gold, property, buildings, or other assets to satisfy their debt. Crypto, if you lose your password or your hard drive crashes you're out all of your money. There's nothing to back it up or counter it. There's nothing that can physically be there to pay off a debt. Crypto is virtual money with ZERO root other than "look at me, my computer says I have money".
Old 12-23-2021, 08:55 AM   #67
davidgreen22

Drives: Camaro
I've been in the crypt for about two years now.
It is very volatile and that is both a plus and a minus. You have to be very careful, especially if you use borrowed money. Also in crypto you need to stay on trend and follow them 24/7! Wallstreethack.com helps me with this.
If you're just investing get ready for the fact that you may need to sit in minus for a few
davidgreen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 10:13 AM   #68
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
You're missing the point. If I asked you for a dollar you could hand me a dollar bill, 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 20 nickels, 100 pennies, or any combination of the above. If I asked you for a dollar equivalent of Bitcoin what would you give me? There's zero that you can physically give me. Additionally, if people requested the US government to pay their debts and they ran out of money, highly unlikely I know but theoretically possible, they could trade gold, property, buildings, or other assets to satisfy their debt. Crypto, if you lose your password or your hard drive crashes you're out all of your money. There's nothing to back it up or counter it. There's nothing that can physically be there to pay off a debt. Crypto is virtual money with ZERO root other than "look at me, my computer says I have money".
If you asked for a dollar I could pull out my trust wallet and send you a dollar in Bitcoin, or USDT Stable coin which you could view on the block chain as YOURS.
Just because it's not tangible doesn't mean it's not real. You loose a $100 bill or a $100 scratch off you are out money same as losing your wallet passphrase.
There are three functions of money: Medium of Exchange, Unit of Account, or Store of Value. Cryptocurriences check all those boxes, in addition to having scarcity which FIAT does not.
Old 04-11-2022, 07:02 AM   #69
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaltiaor View Post
I also do not know much about cryptocurrency, I think it is worth to study it and then invest in it) I also think that it is necessary to invest in gold.
Why do you think gold is a good investment? If the world economy crashes, what would you rather have? A brick of gold or a case of water and a 5 gallon jug of gasoline? The rate of return for gold is awful and extremely volatile.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #70
Scotavo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Caprice PPV 2014 Caprice PPV
[QUOTE=bossbunny;11112031
Just because it's not tangible doesn't mean it's not real. [/QUOTE]

Crypto and Love; A difference without a distinction.
Scotavo is offline   Reply With Quote