The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Question about GM accepting my order (status 2000)

*Sorry if this is in the wrong section, moderators can move it if it is*

I ordered my Corvette about a month ago from a small dealership that has one allocation for the 2014 Corvette. I am still at "preliminary acceptance" (status 1100) and I ordered one item that is on 50% constraint, the Z51 package. I was wondering what exactly needs to happen for my order to be accepted by GM (status 2000)?

At this point, I just want to reach status 2000 and have my order accepted by GM so that I know that my car will be built. So does anyone know how the system works and how they select who moves on to status 2000? My dealership DEFINITELY is trained and they DEFINITELY have an allocation for MY Corvette, so do they need something else for the order to be accepted such as permission to order a Corvette with the Z51 constraint item?

Thank you!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
*Sorry if this is in the wrong section, moderators can move it if it is*

I ordered my Corvette about a month ago from a small dealership that has one allocation for the 2014 Corvette. I am still at "preliminary acceptance" (status 1100) and I ordered one item that is on 50% constraint, the Z51 package. I was wondering what exactly needs to happen for my order to be accepted by GM (status 2000)?

At this point, I just want to reach status 2000 and have my order accepted by GM so that I know that my car will be built. So does anyone know how the system works and how they select who moves on to status 2000? My dealership DEFINITELY is trained and they DEFINITELY have an allocation for MY Corvette, so do they need something else for the order to be accepted such as permission to order a Corvette with the Z51 constraint item?

Thank you!!!!

First and foremost they need to have the allocation given to them. Once they get it, it will depend on the Z51 constraint. If the dealer is given 1 of the Z51's when that allocation comes up, no worries, the order will go right through. If they do not get the Z51 given to them on that week when the allocation is available, they can try to place the order by making it the first build priority and putting in a backup order without the Z51 pkg. The second order would probably be a stock order so they don't lose the car altogether. This a difficult process to try to explain, but if your dealer is good at the process, and it sounds like they are on top of things, they may be able to get it through for you.

Hope that helps.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Thanks for the information Becky. I'll definitely ask my salesperson about making my order a "first build priority". Not sure how exactly that works but hopefully it well help
Old 03-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #4
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '22 Challenger GT
I ordered mine last year on Veteran's Day and it finally has a target production week of 14 April.

You could be in for a long wait.

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
DucMan

Drives: Civic
I have a direct question I hope can get a direct answer , if you have a sales order number does that necessarily mean your dealer has allocation to have it realized?

02/22/2014 Placed Order at Dealer
02/28/2014 1100
02/28/2014 1102
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucMan View Post
I have a direct question I hope can get a direct answer , if you have a sales order number does that necessarily mean your dealer has allocation to have it realized?
No.....

Sales Order Numbers ....
...have zero correlation to allocation....
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:50 AM   #7
DucMan

Drives: Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
No.....

Sales Order Numbers ....
...have zero correlation to allocation....
Thank you very much Becky. Much Appreciated.

02/22/2014 Placed Order at Dealer
02/28/2014 1100
02/28/2014 1102
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote