The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #15
DucMan

Drives: Civic
Someone from GM might want to notify the webmaster of the price increase.

02/22/2014 Placed Order at Dealer
02/28/2014 1100
02/28/2014 1102
DucMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #16
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
OldJedi, I predict the increase for the 2015 model year will be less than half your prediction.

In six months we will know.

Laborsmith
Laborsmith, I know you are knowledgeable and I value your opinion but typically new model year increases are more than mid year increases. I truly hope you are right but I do not have much confidence in GM bean counters right now. Right now I just have my fingers crossed that Z51, PDR and 8 speed auto are available in August.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #17
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Just to add some thoughts into this.... another $3200 increase (like the current combined base & Z51 increase) for a 2015 model equates to what OldJedi estimated when you add it up. It is a possibility that GM staggered ($3200 now, then $3200 later again) this to soften the blow so to speak instead of a one-shot $6400 increase for a 2015 model. So basically, a two-step increase mid-year instead of a single lump sum increase... and although the sum is the same, the perception is less of a sticker-shock effect. Strategic marketing 101.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #18
Stingray
just can't get enough

No longer hearsay....

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...-your-own.html
Attached Images

Old 03-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #19
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Drives: 1987 Corvette Convertible
To put things in perspective, go talk to a salesman about buying a 2013 Viper, still double the price of the vette. I met my salesman yesterday morning and even though I had one on order, I purchased a showroom red Z51 coupe with every option on the spot. I was lucky in that they applied the discount from my ordered vehicle and literally feel like I stole my new car. I could not be happier.
carsonulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #20
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

I want to thank everyone on this forum for the great advice in guiding me through this purchase. I can say, without hyperbole, that the reason I now own a new C7 is because of my hyper-focus and thirst for information on this car.... All provided here.

Reading above and you can see how I over-reacted to the price increase. My dealership was closed Monday because of a snow storm. I had been eyeing this red Z51 coupe with every option for the past month and my 13 year old son, long ago fell in love with it. He said everyday, "please get the coupe dad, the lines are far superior." We debated this and yesterday he won.

I met my salesman and the general manager when the dealership opened and they had not yet received the information that the price on the vettes went up overnight. This did come up halfway through our discussions. My dealership could not have been better and my loyalty to them paid off and SHE IS OURS. My son and I pick her up today and it will be an experience neither of us will ever forget.
Name:  lill Red.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  119.8 KB
Old 03-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #21
mowilson329

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsonulrich View Post
I met my salesman and the general manager when the dealership opened and they had not yet received the information that the price on the vettes went up overnight. This did come up halfway through our discussions. My dealership could not have been better and my loyalty to them paid off and SHE IS OURS. My son and I pick her up today and it will be an experience neither of us will ever forget.
CONGRATULATIONS......beautiful car!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #22
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Congrats!!! Torch Red is such an awesome color. I hope you and your son enjoy the car!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
Longbow

Drives: 2012 Corvette
Makes my decision easy, I'll stick with my 2012 C-6!
Longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #24
carsonulrich
3LT Z51 Torch Red Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbow View Post
Makes my decision easy, I'll stick with my 2012 C-6!
I completely understand how you feel. I have an 87 convertible that still gives me that feeling every time I drive. I have always said that every vette is cool in her own way and never felt the need to keep up with the latest, newest or greatest trend.

There is more highbrow on the C4 vette than any other generation. She won't loss her luster to me because I remember to this day, the first C4 I ever saw. She is just as important to me as my shiny new C7.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:04 PM   #25
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Very cool looking car! Congratulations and best of luck with her. Both of my daughters loved being in my Corvettes as they were growing up. I am sure your son will enjoy your new ride almost as much as you will.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #26
Stingray
just can't get enough

Congrats on that red Z51 beauty! Enjoy!
Old 03-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #27
kevine214

Drives: 2014
hey this might sound dumb, but i placed my stingray order on Feb 17th, and the salesman got the allocation placed on Feb 27th, 6 week wait until car comes he said. so am i still safe with my regular price as ordered or subject to the increase??? thanks new member btw
kevine214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #28
Stingray
just can't get enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevine214 View Post
hey this might sound dumb, but i placed my stingray order on Feb 17th, and the salesman got the allocation placed on Feb 27th, 6 week wait until car comes he said. so am i still safe with my regular price as ordered or subject to the increase??? thanks new member btw

Yes you will be fine, you'll purchase at the regular (original) price since your order should be well into the system & progress by now... the anticipation can be nerve-racking but you'll enjoy it soon!

Btw, what color and build specs is your Stingray?