Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #29
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Name:  20210822_084001.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  271.2 KB

Name:  20210512_143657 (1).jpg
Views: 451
Size:  217.7 KB
So I'd been wanting a 2021 GMC Sierra Slt and had been waiting for weeks for one to come in as it was sitting on a train in the country of Mexico along with at least a dozen others. My dealer just kept tracking it but it wasn't moving. I liked the Chevy's but had been buying new Gmc's over the last few years. I went into the dealer to have my GM card checked so I could find out how much discount I could get when the truck got here. So in the meantime a guy had ordered a Silverado Ltz with a 6.2 with 10 spd and it came in but he backed out on the deal so I bought it on the spot and traded in my 2020 Gmc Elevation with 5.3 with 10 spd Those trucks are in Mexico still haven't arrived so I feel pretty fortunate that this guy backed out on the Silverado. My dealer thinks it will be the middle of 2022 before this chip shortage is resolved. I've had a couple dozen or more red Chevy's or GMCs so I guess it nice to have a Grey truck for a change.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #30
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Awesome! Sounds like you made out great.

So, February and just got the car. Thats about 6 months which is exactlky the time frame Im expecting. Hope that stays accurate! A spring delivery is perfect for me!
Order placed Feb 19. Built sometime in June. Dropped of/purchased Aug 30. At least it did not sit in the lot for too long waiting for the chip. Hope you get yours sooner than later.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #31
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by len125 View Post

Its what happens when we depend on other countrys to make our stuff. Imagine when we go to EV cars and China controlling the battery market. The enemy will then control our transportation.
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 03:47 PM   #32
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
Its what happens when we depend on other countrys to make our stuff. Imagine when we go to EV cars and China controlling the battery market. The enemy will then control our transportation.
GM is building four battery plants in the US. I expect they’ll probably also build at least one each in Canada and Mexico. Ford is building at least two battery plants in the US.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 03:14 AM   #33
Nilly Welson

Drives: Camaro Super Sport, Six on the Stik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
GM is building four battery plants in the US. I expect they’ll probably also build at least one each in Canada and Mexico. Ford is building at least two battery plants in the US.

Good! We need Chip plants too!
Nilly Welson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #34
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilly Welson View Post
Good! We need Chip plants too!
We do - and I believe they are trying to do that. The problem is that you cant just whip up a chip plant. Huge investment. Needs to be a clean-room environment. Lots of upfront items to tend to. But, its the right thing to do. The sooner the better.

Let this chip thing be a lesson for any company: Dont funnel your supply chain down for anything major to one or two countries or companies. Bad idea. Even if it saves you a few bucks upfront. It will cost you much more down the road should any of those single-point suppliers have issues.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:20 PM   #35

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
More bad news re chips and car prices...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...?ocid=msedgntp

Back in the spring, a shortage of computer chips that had sent auto prices soaring appeared to be finally easing. Some relief for consumers seemed to be in sight. But that hope is now fading, as a surge in COVID-19 cases from the Delta variant in several Asian countries is worsening the supply shortage, further delaying a return to normal auto production and keeping the supply of vehicles artificially low.

That means record-high consumer prices for vehicles — new and used, as well as rental cars — will likely extend into next year and might not return to earth until 2023, according to analysts.

In July, new-car prices hit a new record for the fourth straight month, according to Kelley Blue Book. The average transaction, at $42,736, was 8% higher than one year ago, with a typical new car costing above the manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Sales of new cars, meanwhile, have been tumbling a mirror image of prices. In August, new vehicle sales in the U.S. fell nearly 18%, mainly because of supply shortages. Not counting the drop in 2020, August's "pace of sales is the lowest since late 2011 during the recovery from the Global Financial Crisis," Oxford Economics' Mahir Rasheed wrote in a research note.

"A storm of headwinds including the global semiconductor shortage, expiring fiscal support, and a spending rotation towards services will preclude sales from returning to their early 2021 pace," he wrote.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #36
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Back in the spring, a shortage of computer chips that had sent auto prices soaring appeared to be finally easing. Some relief for consumers seemed to be in sight. But that hope is now fading, as a surge in COVID-19 cases from the Delta variant in several Asian countries is worsening the supply shortage, further delaying a return to normal auto production and keeping the supply of vehicles artificially low.

That means record-high consumer prices for vehicles — new and used, as well as rental cars — will likely extend into next year and might not return to earth until 2023, according to analysts.

In July, new-car prices hit a new record for the fourth straight month, according to Kelley Blue Book. The average transaction, at $42,736, was 8% higher than one year ago, with a typical new car costing above the manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Sales of new cars, meanwhile, have been tumbling a mirror image of prices. In August, new vehicle sales in the U.S. fell nearly 18%, mainly because of supply shortages. Not counting the drop in 2020, August's "pace of sales is the lowest since late 2011 during the recovery from the Global Financial Crisis," Oxford Economics' Mahir Rasheed wrote in a research note.

"A storm of headwinds including the global semiconductor shortage, expiring fiscal support, and a spending rotation towards services will preclude sales from returning to their early 2021 pace," he wrote.
We can't keep quarantining like this. There is a vaccine. Eventually this needs to be treated just like when you catch the flu and cold. You stay home from work a couple days then go back when start feeling better. No staying home 10 days if you're not very sick and just a cough. This is wreaking havoc keeping people isolated who are not sick or just minor illness.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #37
BlackKnight2SS18
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

True story. Peeps are flipping new Vette's which are SELLING for between $100,00-$120,000 USED. That's a nice return on an investment.

That's insane. But also makes me consider ordering a new Vette as an investment.
BlackKnight2SS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #38
BlackKnight2SS18
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
We can't keep quarantining like this. There is a vaccine. Eventually this needs to be treated just like when you catch the flu and cold. You stay home from work a couple days then go back when start feeling better. No staying home 10 days if you're not very sick and just a cough. This is wreaking havoc keeping people isolated who are not sick or just minor illness.

Don't worry... the gubment will takes care of us. The pale red-haired lady on TV said so.
BlackKnight2SS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 05:25 AM   #39
s2mikey

Quote:
I agree but the hysterics will continue. Who knows? Ugh. Figures Im at a point where getting a Camaro is a reality and the best I could do was order one a few weeks ago and now hope I get it by spring 2022. WTF.

Its like.... Im not ordering a limited edition Ferrari here or something. Its a Chevy.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:24 AM   #40
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Problem is that 35% won’t get vaccinated no matter what.

That and this isn’t like the flu because it’s far more contagious and far deadlier.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:54 AM   #41
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Problem is that 35% won’t get vaccinated no matter what.

That and this isn’t like the flu because it’s far more contagious and far deadlier.
If you're vaccinated you shouldn't need to care.

If you truly believe you're at risk, stay home. If you don't then carry on life as normal, which is what we should have done when this all began.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:06 AM   #42
s2mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
If you're vaccinated you shouldn't need to care.

If you truly believe you're at risk, stay home. If you don't then carry on life as normal, which is what we should have done when this all began.
Probably the wrong thread to go off the rails here but I mostly agree with you. I do think people are both over-reacting and under-reacting to the virus. Its getting too political for me. My in-house family went through Covid back in April of this year. It wasnt bad at all and thankfully and we came out of it fine. I have since had ONE shot of Pfizer which combined with natural immunity has been shown to be pretty effective as a deterrent. So, Im not rushing to get that second jab just yet.

I dunno, Im at the point where I feel that people should really consider the shot unless they have a legit/strong personal reason not to. But, if they dont they shouldnt be treated like second class citizens either.
I just want my Camaro!