Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Different look for idatalink Cam1 kit

Figured I’d try fixing the color with the idatalink with some old silver vinyl I had laying around. It seems to match the other plastic trim better and I figure I’d do the Same with the console insert. I never liked the color mismatch idatalink face had in my 1ls.

I will be getting new vinyl that contours 1000 times better than this old stuff. Just wanted a visual first. I think I’ll cover up the front 4 accessory slots. Again, a lot of wrinkles and tears in this old vinyl.

Comments?
Attached Images

Last edited by SIM GhostrdrZ; 08-10-2020 at 04:05 PM.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #2
DMan918

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 6MT
Still think you should sell me the setup. ������
DMan918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:06 PM   #3
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
Still think you should sell me the setup. ������
I guess I can counter your low ball offer game and for $600 I might think about pulling it all out. Only took 15 minutes max to install it since it’s all plug n” play. But I do like this setup so much better than the original stereo.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:10 PM   #4
DMan918

Lol I offered you your full asking price. Enjoy!!!
Old 08-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #5
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
Lol I offered you your full asking price. Enjoy!!!
That’s not exactly how it happened. It’s not that big of deal though, you low balled my already great price and I said I’ll just keep it and so I did. After many PM’s after I said I decided to keep it then you finally offered my asking price. I don’t mind negotiations but I had a great price listed and didn’t feel like taking less for it. It’d be different if I was selling it to feed my family but I’m not there, yet. So I will enjoy.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:34 PM   #6
DMan918

I made an offer $50 under asking. You said no. Then offered $15 less than asking. Still no. Then full price. Still no. It’s fine. I can buy full price without blinking twice. I asked bc I wasn’t sure I wanted the idata kit. Like you said, no big deal. I’m glad you realized you wanted to keep and I’ll move on to the next deal. Hopefully you get the coloring the way you wanted. All the best.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:39 AM   #7
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I did something similar. I got my wrap guy to make the sides gloss black to match the top, but they couldn't do the lower portion. I am going to try myself to do it.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:04 AM   #8
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
I did something similar. I got my wrap guy to make the sides gloss black to match the top, but they couldn't do the lower portion. I am going to try myself to do it.
Gloss black is great, does it look good? That lower portion has multiple contours that’s not friendly to vinyl. I’m thinking the new vinyl with air holes integrated will work but I don’t currently have any on hand.

This is why I started the thread, to get ideas since maestro refused to get the color correct on the idatalink. It has pushed many potential customers away from their otherwise great product. I figured vinyl would change color and cover those 4 front accessory ports.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:40 PM   #9
SIM GhostrdrZ

Just got idatalink and center console installed. I went paint instead of vinyl. I left the gauges and traction control buttons factory color to kind of tie into the idatalink button bar color. There are probably plenty of folks that have color matched these kits to their own interior. I just wanted to prove to myself and hopefully everyone that’s been turned off by the “off color” of these kits, paint it whatever you want and have a great kit.
Thanks
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #10
TerribleTabo

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Just got idatalink and center console installed. I went paint instead of vinyl. I left the gauges and traction control buttons factory color to kind of tie into the idatalink button bar color. There are probably plenty of folks that have color matched these kits to their own interior. I just wanted to prove to myself and hopefully everyone that’s been turned off by the “off color” of these kits, paint it whatever you want and have a great kit.
Thanks
This looks great! I'm in the process of buying my first Camaro this Friday and hated the big knobs the stock radio it comes with. I'm looking to upgrade ASAP and was researching on Ebay and came across this video:
I'm planning on getting it too. How was your experience with it? Are you happy with the purchase? Do you have a rear camera hooked up to this as well?
TerribleTabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:42 AM   #11
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
Did you ever have any issue with the lock/unlock button on the head unit not working? I have a Kenwood DMX709S head unit, and the touch screen controls for the heated seats and rear windshield defroster also don't work as well. The key fob lock and unlock buttons (separate) still work.

Also note that the door unlock/lock button on the center of the head unit, seems to only work when the door is opened and it briefly gives power. After the dome light goes off (if set to door open/close), the lock/unlock center console button no longer has power; that is, unless you either turn the key in the ignition, hit the locks on the key fob, or open the door.

I tried checking all the fuses and relays, which are good and mainly in the engine bay fuse box. I even checked the 2nd fuse box that's in the driver side of the dash, on the side of the fan vent; nothing. I didn't bother going to the 3rd fuse "box" located in the trunk, under the carpet and mats, since I think there's nothing related there, not to mention it requires the trunk panels to be removed....

iMaestro dash kit buttons not working
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote