Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #43
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Just ordered mine from Crutchfield with a Pioneer HU, also ordered the camera mentioned, will be installing it next Friday
cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #44
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
bummer i just did the pac kit last month.i got it for 250 that was a good deal for it.
i'm not so unsatisfied that i would spend another 300 to change it.you loose control of the car settings with the pac.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:39 PM   #45
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Ordered this over the weekend and it should be here tomorrow. Using it with my JVC HU. It's going to be interesting undoing the Metra kit and installing the Idata.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:44 PM   #46
cfosceola

Got it put in minus the front camera, really like the way it looks.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2019, 08:13 AM   #47
NightfallSS

Drives: Still Waiting...
This looks good! I like how it's not recessed like the Pac and Metra dash kits. But I think I would miss the factory A/C Controls. Do you have to use the touch screen to operate the HVAC controls?
NightfallSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:13 AM   #48
cfosceola

Yea, not a big deal here in Central Florida, the a/c pretty much stays the same for me with the exception of fan speed which has separate button as you can see to the right of hazard button. The head unit really changed the way the car sounds. I previously just changed the stock speakers for fosgates all the way and included the fosgate powered p300-12 sub and was gonna leave it as is but after seeing this kit I talked myself into changing it. I thought it was gonna be a PIA to do so but was surprised how easy it was. The hardest part was getting the 2 back screws out from the rear of the center console.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:00 PM   #49
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfosceola View Post
Got it put in minus the front camera, really like the way it looks.
That looks great.

Silly question, does it come with the SS logo on the screen?

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:20 AM   #50
cfosceola

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
That looks great.

Silly question, does it come with the SS logo on the screen?
No, I can upload images to my head unit with a flash drive
Old 10-09-2019, 05:19 AM   #51
rotwiler
ruff ruff

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I already have the pac kit, can I add the maestro rr to the stereo with the pac kit. Thinking about getting a ddx 9905s Kenwood.
2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.
rotwiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #52
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotwiler View Post
I already have the pac kit, can I add the maestro rr to the stereo with the pac kit. Thinking about getting a ddx 9905s Kenwood.
I wish there was some way to do this. I like the features of the Maestro but the iDatalink package is just too homely for me to switch.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #53
rotwiler
ruff ruff

I ended up getting a Kenwood ddx 9905s, had to get the HD screen, been long enough for these manufacturers to make one. Price was right too at around $500. I also bought the maestro mrr and the kit-Cam1. I don't like the face of this kit, but I do like the front usb and being able to see the lower guage pack better. Also the big Kenwood will be a pain to get in with the pac, thus kit seems to give a little more room. Worst case can try coming up with solutions later to not use kit if I hate it. Also my Pac kit, I bought a old face off ebay and didn't know it didn't have heated seats, so for years my seats heat hasn't worked. By time I buy new knobs and all, I'd be right where I am with the Cam1 kit. Plus the Sony I have in the pac, when the cd opens it catches on the recessed kit and the lower defrost knob acts up, have to hit it over and over to turn on. Bonus will be having heated seats again, stereo integration with car, and easier programming of steering controls, had some issues with mine losing memory of buttons a few times. Plus this Kenwood 9905s for price is a steal, so many options and better audio hi res components. I almost bought the 905s is the one without cd and not hd screen, it is only like $390 new on Amazon, but figured might as well spend a $100 more and get the excellent HD screen. Prob will never use cd though. The 9905s goes to 2 Kenwood amps, a xr1s, running 2 infinity kappa 1200ws and a xr4s Kenwood running 2 ohm front comp speakers and rear 2 ohm 6x9 excelon speakers at 150watts rms, never run full power or I'd be deaf. Depending on the 9905s may do a dsp, but I may be happy with all the settings it has in the stereo.
2010 2SS/RS, XO Verona wheels, BC coilovers oem ZL1 bumper conversion Kenwood ddx9905s, maestro, Kenwood xr1s, xr4s, kappa 1200w,subs, Kenwood xr comps and rear deck speakers, long tubes, hf cats, speed secrets tune, custom exhaust, CAI, blacked out everything.

Last edited by rotwiler; 10-17-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:16 PM   #54
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Wow so many options now.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:24 AM   #55
judkins75
Silver Shark

Drives: 2014 2SS GM Npp 6 speed manual
Good read! I'm happy to hear we have options, when our stock mylink unit goes out! I'll diffidently be coming back to this post, when my unit goes dark. Thanks you for posting this info..
Old 10-26-2019, 07:25 AM   #56
rotwiler
ruff ruff

I finally installed the cam1 kit. I thought I would not like it since the pac kit had the knobs at bottom and looked kind of stock. But, I actually like it better, to me looks cleaner, not so overdone, and the stereo looks really good when the screen edge blends in with the gloss black on top. I can also see the gauge pack perfect now and like the dual usbs right there under stereo. The maestro kit was simple, the only issue was took me awhile to get all those harnesses in there to fit stereo in. I did buy a large stereo the ddx 9905s, if was a media only 1/2 deep stereo would been super simple to install. I have a couple minor adjustments, the right side the stereo is like 1/10th inch out and left is like 1/20th of inch out, simple loosen screws and adjust and done. Maestro worked perfect right when I turned it on, steering wheel controls worked perfect, color of kits buttons match the OEM aqua color perfectly. I modified the lower area of kit where the 2 screws hold it in and cutout the extra plastic except the area that holds the screws. Can remove center cover, then take out cam1 kit in seconds now.