The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 09:41 PM   #29
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Those rotten Pieces of shyt have just taken away decent honest struggling working peoples livelyhoods. They have familys to feed. Now this. No...shoot them or they will do it again. This shyt is uncalled for.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #30
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
These cars belong to an insured corporation, is that really worth a life?

People condoning killing over property loss with no immediate threat to human life are the real "animals" here.

Ok, let them come to your hood, kick your door in. Then sit back and call the cops while they ransack your house and harm your family. Call the cops and wait for them to arrest them. Let us know how that works out.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:05 PM   #31
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I looked at a Camaro at the Chevy dealer next to this one back in 2016. They had to back each car over a parking block to deter thefts as it was apparently a big issue

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:09 AM   #32
Zar_2SS

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
This is sickening, but ultimately nothing new.

This is what, ahem, "peaceful protests" boil down to. A legitimate/somewhat legitimate cause and then looters start to take advantage of the situation. I even saw Facebook posts that actually try to justify the violence. Guess that's why I don't use Facebook anymore.

Anyway, dealers have insurance to cover most of the damage, hopefully. Cars will be tracked down as I believe dealers would have to take the car out of the demo mode or whatever before a real customer take delivery and the thieves obviously can't bypass that.

The typical practice is to bring them to chop shops but I am not sure about the intelligence of those thieves. Maybe they will actually try to sell them or try to drive around in them.
If you compare the size of the groups that are looting to the groups that are peacefully protesting you can notice that a small number are the looters. The looters are all opportunist taking advantage of the situation. It's shameful, really takes away from whats really going on.
Zar_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #33
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The protesters and looters together are still a mob anyway you describe it and they have a mob mentality.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:51 AM   #34
AD17SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Effing Animals.
You loot you, you shoot.

Animals is the correct term, they are acting like wild animals and need to be treated as so IMO. Although I would love to see all of them shot it will cause more instances like this. They should be prosecuted and sent to jail for their crimes. Unfortunately our penal system is a joke with liberal judges handing out short prison time and they only do 40% of that and get out with "good" behavior.
Taylor plug wires
Mishimoto oil cooler
Elite X2 catch can
AD17SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:01 AM   #35
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zar_2SS View Post
If you compare the size of the groups that are looting to the groups that are peacefully protesting you can notice that a small number are the looters. The looters are all opportunist taking advantage of the situation. It's shameful, really takes away from whats really going on.
The demands of the protest organizer to keep things peaceful are extreme and unwarranted.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:02 AM   #36
LT4Greg

And it’s really unbelievable how the main News networks are condoning the riots and damage saying that the mob is entitled to damage, destroy and cause chaos in our city streets.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:32 AM   #37
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
You have to wonder what would happen if a white guy with a rap sheet half as long as George's was killed by the cops in a justifiable, or as in this case, a clearly unjustifiable manner. I have a pretty good idea that everyone would say he got what he deserved regardless of the circumstances. His mom and immediate family would likely be the only ones making any noise.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #38
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
You have to wonder what would happen if a white guy with a rap sheet half as long as George's was killed by the cops in a justifiable, or as in this case, a clearly unjustifiable manner. I have a pretty good idea that everyone would say he got what he deserved regardless of the circumstances. His mom and immediate family would likely be the only ones making any noise.
You don't hear about that happening because if it ever does it's super rare. Kind of the entire point here. Black people are protesting because what cops do to them isn't rare and isn't similar to how cops interact with white people.

Cops need to change and they aren't doing it without the protests so maybe they are necessary. That's the people in charges fault... Not the people protestings.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #39
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
You don't hear about that happening because if it ever does it's super rare. Kind of the entire point here. Black people are protesting because what cops do to them isn't rare and isn't similar to how cops interact with white people.

Cops need to change and they aren't doing it without the protests so maybe they are necessary. That's the people in charges fault... Not the people protestings.
Finding this hard to believe. Especially in this era of viral videos and riots. Maybe, just maybe, there is more to this than we are being told just rile everyone up?
Old 06-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #40
Wintermute

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
And it’s really unbelievable how the main News networks are condoning the riots and damage saying that the mob is entitled to damage, destroy and cause chaos in our city streets.
Link?
Old 06-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #41
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'm trying to figure why that cop needed to sit there with his knee on Floyd's neck for over 8 minutes cutting off blood supply to his carotid artery. He was already handcuffed at that point and the other cop was still restraining his feet, I believe. The guy was big, but that wasn't necessary.

Also, instead of hiring these small little midget skinny arm cops, maybe they should start hiring some larger fit guys who will feel safe around big suspects like Floyd who are hand cuffed. It's obvious these small little cops are intimidated around bigger people and that makes them resort to using dangerous over the top tactics like this to feel safe.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #42
LT4Greg

Watch the news coverage Wintermute! That’s the link.