The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > In Car Electronics (NAV, Audio, Entertainment, Gauges, etc.)

Old 10-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
SR-71

Drives: 2015 Z51 Coupe 2LT Shark/red
Question about SD Memory Card Usage

Question about the SD Memory Card that fits in the glove box. Is there something special I need to do to have the system recognize a SD Memory Card? Unless I'm missing something (and there's a good possibility of that), my system doesn't seem to see it, even though I can take that same card (full of MP3 music), insert the card into a USB adapter, plug it into any of the 3 USB ports, and the card is immediately recognized and plays the music files with no problem.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
There's nothing special you need to do as far as I'm aware. I put a 2GB card in mine and it played right away. Try putting some music on a second card and see if it works or not. If not its possible there's a glitch with the SD reader on the car. I don't recall seeing anything in the owner's manual but its also possible the reader has a size limit. Maybe try a smaller card. 2GB definitely works. If it still doesn't play, let your dealer know.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote