Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2015, 04:53 AM   #1
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Vmax throttle body & Vitesse throttle controller question

Last week i have installed the Vmax throttle body on my 2013 Camaro rs (The car already has other modifications such as intake , throttle spacer , exhaust , tune, etc) . After i installed it i didnt realise any difference , i tried going half/full throttle the car still has that 1 or 2 secs lag to start going, i was kinda shocked because all the reviews i saw said that its one of the best mods out there . Anyways after exactly 2 days i installed the Vitesse throttle controller and i wasnt happy with the results too , when i press the throttle a little bit the car has a lesser lag than stock (it was on SP9) and half throttle the car feels faster , but still when i go full throttle THERE IS STILL THE LAG , if i knew this was the result i wouldnt have bought any of them . I dont know if the tune on my car has any effects on them or what , and if anyone is experiencing the same problem . i checked all plugs and everything on the throttle body and there is literally no change on the car response , the controller did make a difference but not on full throttle . i will admire any suggestions/help from you guys . Thank you.
Ksacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #2
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
return it. you must be 1 0f 2 people that said this. seems like you will bever be happy good luck
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:48 AM   #3
Jstephen

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS LT2 45th
Just a dumb question.... You followed the instructions on how to program it right?
I only ask because your post does not say anything about that step. If not I agree with elic1 return it. It's one of the best mods I have seen.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:54 AM   #4
Ksacamaro

I am overseas and i am not sure about if i have the ability to return it or not but ill see about that , about the throttle controller , yes i have programmed it right , but one last question do you guys have that 1 second lag when you floor the pedal after installing the throttle controller ? because after i installed the controller and throttle body i still have the same lag when i floor it..... unfortunetlly ...
Old 01-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #5
Ksacamaro

Also i forgot to mention , in idle , the rpm keeps going up and down by itself..
Old 01-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #6
jcharrier

Drives: 2013 2lt rs
You might be hitting the other button on the controller one is for launch controll that raises the rpms at idle ( which is the button your not suppose to mess with)
jcharrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #7
Camaro2Tymer

Drives: 2014 2LS, 1994 Z28, 1982 Z28
Another stupid question but do you have your TC and all that crap turned off? if you're leaving that on you're gonna feel a lot of hesitation out of the car, especially going to WOT from a dead stop.
Camaro2Tymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #8
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2Tymer View Post
Another stupid question but do you have your TC and all that crap turned off? if you're leaving that on you're gonna feel a lot of hesitation out of the car, especially going to WOT from a dead stop.
Odd I have my controller on sp8 and all the nannies on and I have no hesitation

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #9
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
check 3/8"pcv hose going to the TB for connection or cracks and get rid of the TB spacer.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:28 PM   #10
Camaro2Tymer

Drives: 2014 2LS, 1994 Z28, 1982 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Odd I have my controller on sp8 and all the nannies on and I have no hesitation
I guess it would depend on how well you're sticking. When it grabs and goes it launches great, but I've gotten in the habit of turning everything off because I was getting to much hesitation with the nannies. My guess is from wheel spin
Camaro2Tymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:05 PM   #11
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Are you driving an automatic? Even with the Throttle Controller set to 9, there will still be a slight "lag" when the transmission shifts. Also, did you follow the instructions after installing the Vmax Ported Throttle Body to take it easy for the 1st 100 miles so the ECU can adjust? Agreed with getting rid of the spacer.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:49 PM   #12
Ithrix

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 45th Anniversary
It should also be noted that your tune might include a tuned throttle response that's over riding the controller.
Ithrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #13
BluedEvil21

Drives: 2013 Camaro v6 hot wheels edition
Yah the tune would be worth looking into... could be the tune is counter acting the throttle controller like ithrix said or I'm thinking maybe an adjustment tune to compensate for the ported tb. I have read in a couple different posts that ptb's can drastically change air fuel ratio, which could be why your not feeling a difference? Good luck
Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #14
Ksacamaro

I will see the guy who tuned for me the car then ill see any if anything changed and thank you guys for your help , i really appreciate it