Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 06-27-2021, 07:38 PM   #141
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I went in looking at T4 1LEs but left with a SLE because the price difference was WAY too small and you don't have to mod an SS. With T4 I would've gone E85 + tune for sure. SS... I'm keeping my warranty!

I could've ordered my T4 for $34-35k but I got my SLE for $39k... Also 4 and 6 cyl Camaro resale wasn't as good. The options on the T4 just added up to be too much and I got the SLE for a $6k discount.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #142
whynotlikemike

Drives: 2018 Camaro
I saw a Mach 1 at a car show. What kind of 50+k pony car comes with 1 piston rear brakes... what in the world...
whynotlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:02 AM   #143
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotlikemike View Post
I saw a Mach 1 at a car show. What kind of 50+k pony car comes with 1 piston rear brakes... what in the world...
Were they Brembo? This is one of the main things that turns me off about the GT, front Brembo and rear Camry brakes.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #144
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Talking

Here you can see which one is the best sport car for the money
Attached Images

'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 06-29-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #145
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
But you can't see out the Camaro and it's ugly and it has a truck engine and the Mustang sounds cooler...
I know this is tongue in cheek, but if someone does piss on it because of the "truck engine", then someone needs to read an in depth tech article on the LT1/ZL1 engines.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #146
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
. And then imagine the leaps and bounds that the 7th Gen Camaros will have...if there is one...which I think there will be. I mean, the fact that GM hasn't even touched the ZL1 since it was released means that all this time has been spent slowly developing the next thing!! I can only imagine!!
That will be interesting to see. I hope there is a 7th gen, I am starting to doubt there will be though and that has nothing to do with sales.

Camaro shares it's platform with CT4/5...those are going fully electric with the rest of Cadillac. If Camaro has no platform mates to share with I think it would be in real danger-unless it to goes all electric or if the platform is modular and go do both ICE and EV but I am not sure if that is possible.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #147
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
I know this is tongue in cheek, but if someone does piss on it because of the "truck engine", then someone needs to read an in depth tech article on the LT1/ZL1 engines.
the LT1 is a truck engine. literally is the same engine offered in the trucks. exact same long block. not pissing on it, but the facts are there to support the argument for the na 6.2. imho the only things really separating the LT4 are the forged internals and blower, as those aren't typically seen in truck motors.

edit: and if you want to get more technical, the truck intake manifolds make more tq and hp than the junk they put on the cars.
Old 06-28-2021, 11:22 AM   #148
whynotlikemike

Drives: 2018 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Were they Brembo? This is one of the main things that turns me off about the GT, front Brembo and rear Camry brakes.

Rear brakes were just orange. No brand label. I didn't get a good photo of the front, just saw the 1 pot rear and was like wtf.

https://imgur.com/n4Yd8yq
whynotlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #149
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
the LT1 is a truck engine. literally is the same engine offered in the trucks. exact same long block. not pissing on it, but the facts are there to support the argument for the na 6.2. imho the only things really separating the LT4 are the forged internals and blower, as those aren't typically seen in truck motors.

edit: and if you want to get more technical, the truck intake manifolds make more tq and hp than the junk they put on the cars.
The point was that the 6th Gen was soo awesome that haters had to resort to nitpicking stupid shit that doesn't even matter. Guess what also was a truck engine...the Coyote. Guess what they still put in the V8 F150...the Coyote engine. So it never mattered because the LT1 and LT4 together with the awesome 6th gen chassis and setup made the Camaros the best performance value on the planet.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:51 PM   #150
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:

I love that it’s a truck engine due to the volume support. I would have a hard time finding an engine that had a bigger design budget due to the volume
Old 06-28-2021, 02:14 PM   #151
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
They should also lift the hood of a neighbor’s F150.

***Blaq beat me to it***
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 02:17 PM   #152
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
….

Camaro shares it's platform with CT4/5...those are going fully electric with the rest of Cadillac. If Camaro has no platform mates to share with I think it would be in real danger-unless it to goes all electric ...
And my lips never moved.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 06-28-2021, 06:20 PM   #153
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
the difference is: the coyote is a car engine they put in a truck, not the other way around. no stock gm v8 engine ever got 12:1 comp, a 4v cyl head and min 7500 rpm rev limiter. and before someone says LT5...no, mercury marine is not general motors.

calling the LT1 a truck motor is only a "last resort insult" if neither party has any idea how engines work. it is a truck motor, that doesnt mean its less suitable for a car. clearly it does just fine once you rid it of the inherent rpm limiters. gm could've done WAAAAAY better for the cars, but it's too expensive. so we got a GENERAL MOTOR for cars, trucks, vans, whatever... from a company called GENERAL MOTORS. i am not surprised, nor am i insulted when anyone brings up the truck motor thing. i typically ask them what they thought of not being able to come around a 400 hp small cube van motor in a 3700+ lb car.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:58 PM   #154
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:

Quote:
the difference is: the coyote is a car engine they put in a truck, not the other way around. no stock gm v8 engine ever got 12:1 comp, a 4v cyl head and min 7500 rpm rev limiter. and before someone says LT5...no, mercury marine is not general motors.

calling the LT1 a truck motor is only a "last resort insult" if neither party has any idea how engines work. it is a truck motor, that doesnt mean its less suitable for a car. clearly it does just fine once you rid it of the inherent rpm limiters. gm could've done WAAAAAY better for the cars, but it's too expensive. so we got a GENERAL MOTOR for cars, trucks, vans, whatever... from a company called GENERAL MOTORS. i am not surprised, nor am i insulted when anyone brings up the truck motor thing. i typically ask them what they thought of not being able to come around a 400 hp small cube van motor in a 3700+ lb car.
Well, if you follow the Ford example, then the L84 / L87 are car engines put in trucks. I was a group manager in GM’s Powertrain Product Planning group when the truck (cast iron blocks) and car (aluminum blocks) split their development paths. I was the Planning Director when the decision was made to make a variant of the car aluminum engines to put in SUVs. Then they eventually migrated into pickup trucks. The L84 and L87 were born of the LS / LT motors, not the other way around.

Tags
1le, comparison, mach 1, performance, price