Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-24-2021, 09:14 PM   #85
adamcars

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Leased my LT1 last day of March 2021. Can sell to Carmax/dealer right now for $2,000 over lease payoff. Will probably do it. When else would you be able to get paid $1,000 to drive a Camaro for 3 months? The market will come back to normal eventually.

What I don't understand is why the LT1 gets such a good lease residual but not an SS.
adamcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:00 PM   #86
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcars View Post
Leased my LT1 last day of March 2021. Can sell to Carmax/dealer right now for $2,000 over lease payoff. Will probably do it. When else would you be able to get paid $1,000 to drive a Camaro for 3 months? The market will come back to normal eventually.

What I don't understand is why the LT1 gets such a good lease residual but not an SS.
Do you have another car to drive? Don’t want to have to lease/buy another car in this market.
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #87
djcwardog

Drives: Various!
I was looking for dual mode exhaust and the technology package in a stick-shift V8. I figured that the performance parts on any of these cars would do fine on the street. The 1SS cars seem to be more available right now. When I saw that they don’t offer the Bose 9-speaker setup on the 1SS I couldn’t figure that out. I knew that I was willing to retrofit a HUD and the 8” uplevel cluster. If I was doing a custom audio system, then the 8” IOS radio and display would have been a good foundation on a 1SS. But I wanted to just listen to GM’s top factory audio. So, it was then LT1 or 2SS for me. I would have gone for either and the LT1 I found suits me fine. I also prefer the front bumper look on the LT1 over the SS. A co-worker drives the ZL1 - talk about a big spoiler on the rear! All the spoiler talk reminds me of the 2005 GTO I owned. Dark blue, stick shift, 400HP. Nice car and the home market Australian Holdens could be had with no rear spoiler. I took mine off, stored it, and placed four small flat rubber plugs where the holes were on the deck lid. That car looked much better in its “clean” configuration. Speaking of Holdens, another coworker drives a blue Chevy SS stick shift. Another beautiful car. He is Australian, so he rebadged the car as a Holden.
2021 Camaro LT1 MN6 WRS Package. GJ1 (Shadow Gray Met), H1T (Jet Black interior), NPP (Dual Mode Exhaust), Y3W (Tech Pkg), 5JX (20” black satin split-spoke wheels). Upgraded from IOS to IOT Radio. Hooker Blackheart No Crush Kit. Retrofit UHS Cluster and HUD.
djcwardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #88
adamcars

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
Do you have another car to drive? Don’t want to have to lease/buy another car in this market.
Absolutely. Also have a deposit on another 2021 LT1 to lease once it finally arrives, already agreed to a price ... rinse and repeat or just keep it full term if the value plummets.
adamcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:03 PM   #89
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
I recently financed a '21 LT1. Got it used with barely any miles on it. The price I paid for it I could have gotten a brand new 1SS or even a 2SS last year. I was too impatient to finally upgrade to a V8.

I'm just kicking myself because I do love the gauge cluster, screen, and bumper on the SS's, but there was just none near me.

I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase
OP Have a look at my LT1 thread:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572153

And the SS - LT1 differrence thread I started
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577077

As for me my last 3 cars are:
  • A 2016 Loaded M6 2SS
  • A 2018 loaded A10 ZL1
  • A 2020 M6 LT1

I can also say you own the fastest accelerating NA V8 Camaro stock due to reduced weight. I drag raced all three. OK, it's advantage is only about 1/10 over a SS and 2 tenths at least over a SS 1LE. But that advantage is enough for at least a car length on the big end.

I like this LT1 more than any other car I have owned except for the 1965 351 M4 falcon I built when I was 17. I like the LT1 Road Runner vibe. It is everything I want in a performance car without the things I do not want.

Enjoy
Old 06-26-2021, 05:28 PM   #90
whynotlikemike

Drives: 2018 Camaro
I saw a Cherry Red LT1 today with the smoke tail lights. Omg it was beautiful.
whynotlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:00 AM   #91
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
On the positive side you have a 455 HP V8 mounted to a world class chassis.

In the negative side you don’t have some of the extras you would have liked to have.

For me the real deal breaker for the LT1 is the limited top speed. You have to void the warranty to get around it. If Chevy got rid of that, which would cost nothing, the LT1 would be a lot more attractive.
The LT1 limit is due to the tires Chevy sells with the car.

Agreed, the numbers look better. But how many owners ever get anywhere near the Camaros top speed?

I have owned a couple of 200 MPH Camaros and HP to 700 rwhp. I drag race and have been to a couple of track days and lost a car and almost a friend on a race track. I have never been much over 130 MPH. Fast enough to be scary fun. I would never go that fast on any street where I live. But I have no appetite for more speed.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:11 AM   #92
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
no regrets whatsover, love the sleeper no one knows what it is scenario it creates and the same body the COPO uses. A lot less money and less stuff to fail, no brake dust and the all seasons tire are great 12 months of the year. Best of all, its just as potent in the 1/4 mile and street action.
My 2020 LT1 front Brembos do make the fronts dusty. The back tiny brakes stay clean though.

And yea I agree about the 1/4. My M6 LT1 with tires and a CAI runs right with my friends 2020 A10 Coyote with the same mods. I usually can edge that Mustang out. The two drivers on that car are both experienced drivers. Slap on a Drag pack with no other mods on an A10 LT1 and run 11.8s all day in good air.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:28 AM   #93
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
With the savings, especially if you buy a stripped down LT1 you can do a lot with it such as throwing a super charger on it.

Here is an LT1 with bolt ons

An M6! Awesome.
Old 06-28-2021, 09:23 AM   #94
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
My 2020 LT1 front Brembos do make the fronts dusty. The back tiny brakes stay clean though.

And yea I agree about the 1/4. My M6 LT1 with tires and a CAI runs right with my friends 2020 A10 Coyote with the same mods. I usually can edge that Mustang out. The two drivers on that car are both experienced drivers. Slap on a Drag pack with no other mods on an A10 LT1 and run 11.8s all day in good air.
Im heading to the track with a few buddies.this fri. 21 Camaro 1le 10 speed....2016 Hellcat Challenger...Tauraus Sho and a 21 Lt1 10 speed. The Lt1 owner is anxious to see how he does against the 1le. My fbo and cammed 5th gen Camaro will be putting in some work with these cars.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:16 AM   #95
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase
Well you've got all 8 cylinders so that's something.

Camaros are fairly rare right now, especially an LT1, so you can probably get all your money back if you wanna sell it and get an SS. Or find a 16/17/18 SS and might even break even on a trade.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #96
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Is an LT1 an SS or a 2SS? Obviously not, they are quite different. However, that doesn't mean you should feel bad about the purchase. The LT1 is still a great car, especially at the price point that they are offered. The 6.2 is to die for, in terms of sound of performance.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:51 PM   #97
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
With the LT1 advantages you have:
- 1-3K less than a similarly optioned 1SS of the same model year (so go spend that money on tires, gauge, mods, savings, or whatever you'd like)
- The tires don't die after 20K miles
- You get to trick naive fools into thinking you have less than 8 cylinders.
- Arguably more practical.
- If you get into an accident, it's more than likely easier to cover and your less likely to get upset due to losing less car for the money (as oppose to an SS or ZL1).

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:56 PM   #98
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I don’t get why LT1 owners feel the need to hate on the SS. The pattern is clear though. Rarely if ever do you see SS owners slamming the LT1, but it’s pretty common to see the reverse.

That reaction by LT1 owners is really revealing. Reminds me of my two younger boys. Rarely does the 15 year old feel the need to prove himself relative to the 11 year old, but the 11 year old is constantly talking about what he can do better than his brother.

I thought my 2016 SS looked pretty good. I think my 2018 does to. I think the LT1 looks good other than the badges which I would remove. Three things GM should address about the LT1.

1. The name
2. The tires
3. The 155 speed limit

The first two can be easily remedied after buying.
I see more SS owners knocking the LT1 for being the "inferior" car, the hating comes from the need to defend their purchase. Just my perspective.

The speed limit is actually 150, not trying to be that guy though.

Unless you're routinely planning on running from cops or you have a runway, the speed limit is more of a non-issue.

I agree with how the SS looks, I think most of us can agree that the old SS looks better than both of the V8s being discussed.

ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote