Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-21-2021, 10:16 AM   #71
Drew145022

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Vert
Yeah I found the regulator also my concern is if this is the version 1(faulty) or version 2(updated)... I have no idea how to tell.
Drew145022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:25 AM   #72
Drew145022

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Sorry I could not be more complete with my info, but I just wanted you to be aware that the part swap may not be straightforward. You said this happened again, can you find out if the window regulator was replaced during the previous repair? You may want to check the return policy of wherever you purchase before you buy just in case.

Please post again if you find out anything more. My covers have been fine for the past 2+ years after both sides were replaced with the new parts, but this most likely will be an issue for all of us convertible owners down the road.
I got it replace the first year I got it. I don’t think the update had happened yet. It’s held up for a few years now.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:49 AM   #73
Drew145022

So I guess I would need both of these?
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #74
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
2017 Camaro Drivers Side 1/2 Convertible panel broke!

Well bad news is that my 2017 Camaro is 8 months past it's bumper to bumper warranty, so it happened about a few weeks ago and yesterday I had time to go by my local dealer and also purchased the GM extended warranty, well I told the service that I heard a sound on my left ear and that night I took a look and that panel sliding door is stuck and now is open and won't close. So I think I was out of the original warranty he called the GM Ext hotline and I asked I think that ext warranty should cover the convertible components right?

Well after about 30 minuets I was right in front of him they could not confirm that that issue was covered and it will cost me $100 diagnostic fee if's it's not covered! I feel that this is on them not me to confirm it's covered but they will need a tech to look and to diagnose the issue after I told him that it's the sliding panel. So I recall reading about this and thanks to others have a (CHEVROLET TSB #17NA357) not sure this means that it's not covered as a TSB or my GM ext warranty will or won't cover it anybody know! Also I had my car in before the 3 year 36K warranty was over last year and then did not know there was a TSB #17NA357 and maybe nor did my dealer? So is this at my cost to pay the $100 diagnostic fee if it's not or is this covered as a TSB?

Any suggestions or advice appreciated please... I am able to do some repairs and could repair this but won't remove that 1/2 top panel until I know that it's at my cost and GM won't repair it.

Thank you
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 06:33 AM   #75
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cengell View Post
Well bad news is that my 2017 Camaro is 8 months past it's bumper to bumper warranty, so it happened about a few weeks ago and yesterday I had time to go by my local dealer and also purchased the GM extended warranty, well I told the service that I heard a sound on my left ear and that night I took a look and that panel sliding door is stuck and now is open and won't close. So I think I was out of the original warranty he called the GM Ext hotline and I asked I think that ext warranty should cover the convertible components right?

Well after about 30 minuets I was right in front of him they could not confirm that that issue was covered and it will cost me $100 diagnostic fee if's it's not covered! I feel that this is on them not me to confirm it's covered but they will need a tech to look and to diagnose the issue after I told him that it's the sliding panel. So I recall reading about this and thanks to others have a (CHEVROLET TSB #17NA357) not sure this means that it's not covered as a TSB or my GM ext warranty will or won't cover it anybody know! Also I had my car in before the 3 year 36K warranty was over last year and then did not know there was a TSB #17NA357 and maybe nor did my dealer? So is this at my cost to pay the $100 diagnostic fee if it's not or is this covered as a TSB?

Any suggestions or advice appreciated please... I am able to do some repairs and could repair this but won't remove that 1/2 top panel until I know that it's at my cost and GM won't repair it.

Thank you
Christopher
those sliding flaps are considered "Trim" items and are not covered by the extended warranty. I'm paying to get both mine replaced today
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #76
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Talked with my local dealership - the total cost (parts and labor) to install the new updated regulator/sliding panel units is $875 for both sides.

Last year some people posted it was over $1500 to get the new parts & have them installed.

Think I'm gonna let them do it - comes with a 2 year warranty. Anyone have the new sliding panels/regulators installed? If so, have you had any issues with them?

Last edited by classicrockr; 06-02-2021 at 08:53 AM.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 05:42 AM   #77
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Talked with my local dealership - the total cost (parts and labor) to install the new updated regulator/sliding panel units is $875 for both sides.

Last year some people posted it was over $1500 to get the new parts & have them installed.

Think I'm gonna let them do it - comes with a 2 year warranty. Anyone have the new sliding panels/regulators installed? If so, have you had any issues with them?
Both sides of mine replaced, first one 3 years ago, 2nd 2 years ago. No problems so far...
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #78
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
I was able to fix mine on my own. It is really not too hard. cost me about $200 total for the parts for both sides and took about 15 minutes. Of course I only had to replace the arm that pushes the panel out of the way and the trim panels that have the sliding panel on them. The trim pieces were about $70 each. The arm was about $15 each.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #79
Tomek_PL

Drives: Camaro 2016 convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
I was able to fix mine on my own. It is really not too hard. cost me about $200 total for the parts for both sides and took about 15 minutes. Of course I only had to replace the arm that pushes the panel out of the way and the trim panels that have the sliding panel on them. The trim pieces were about $70 each. The arm was about $15 each.
Hello. can you show which items you replaced? Do some replacement tutorial?
Tomek_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:23 PM   #80
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
those sliding flaps are considered "Trim" items and are not covered by the extended warranty. I'm paying to get both mine replaced today
Thank you classicrockr for the info! So are the regulators covered under the GM Extended warranty?

Anybody knows?
Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:50 PM   #81
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warsteiner View Post
Do you have the original window regulators? Either way, did you need to make sure the new trim pieces match the configuration of the window regulators?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:50 AM   #82
Warsteiner

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2LT RS Vert
These are the parts I purchased for the drivers side.

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-pa...cover-84237014

and

https://www.gmpartsonline.net/oem-pa...panel-84797935

I did not have to mod anything and these were a direct replacement for my 2016.

The prices have gone up a bit since I bought them. But I got them during a sale.

Last edited by Warsteiner; 06-04-2021 at 08:09 AM.
Warsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #83
thornstein

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLUES View Post
*raises hand*
Happened to me today.

Found this little beauty rolling around in the roof well.

Any idea what it is?
Could someone tell me what is the formal name of this part? A part number would even be better! Thank you.
thornstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:17 PM   #84
NZuercher

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
According to the TSB, I need to replace the window regulator as well as the upper quarter trim, since my regulator only has slots for 2 tabs and the improved version of the quarter trim has 3 tabs. The upper quarter trim should be very easy to replace--I took the old one of in about 2 minutes to see what version I have. But, the regulator doesn't look so simple.

Has anyone changed the window regulator (part 84476776)? Any ideas how it comes out, and how difficult that might be to replace?
NZuercher is offline   Reply With Quote