The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 12-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
Help the Mods!

Hey so I read a thread a while back about how busy the moderators are and how they are getting tired of moving threads to their proper sub forum.

We can all do our part to help make it easier on them. I have a suggestion if it is technologically possible. Perhaps adding a feature to the forums to move a thread after its creation? I know it may sound stupid and we should post the thread in the right spot the first time. However, for the new members and people not super familiar with this website I think it might help.

I read another forum and someone talked about it. I just thought it might help you guys out some more if the feature is feasible.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Cool

I would think a better idea would be a button that just alerts the mods to a thread or post so they can draw their attention to it. Sort of like some extra eyes for the mods. There is a football board that I am a mod on that does this, and it makes it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TungstenGT View Post
I would think a better idea would be a button that just alerts the mods to a thread or post so they can draw their attention to it. Sort of like some extra eyes for the mods. There is a football board that I am a mod on that does this, and it makes it easier.

Yea, I was thinking about this too. Kinda like the "flag as inappropriate" button on YouTube.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #4
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
This thread was posted to the wrong sub forum.

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Sounds nice, but odds are if you threw a thread up in the wrong section you will a) not move it because you didnt realize it b) not move it because you don't care or c) move it to the wrong section.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
Sounds nice, but odds are if you threw a thread up in the wrong section you will a) not move it because you didnt realize it b) not move it because you don't care or c) move it to the wrong section.
Thanks all for the offer of assistance... It is greatly appreciated that some are thinking about it anyway...

We dont mind helping newer members out, via PM, or offers of help that seem appropriate...

But when a member with over 500 or 1000 posts starts threads in the wrong section, it gets a little aggravating...

We were and still remain members first and foremost... Our primary goal for moving threads is to keep the site organized as this makes it better for all...

For some, this is their first forum... others are members of many forums...

Thanks again for offers of assistance... I'm sure there will be some more discussion in the Moderators section... and moved to the suggestions section....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #7
Sirwestofash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Thanks all for the offer of assistance... It is greatly appreciated that some are thinking about it anyway...

We dont mind helping newer members out, via PM, or offers of help that seem appropriate...

But when a member with over 500 or 1000 posts starts threads in the wrong section, it gets a little aggravating...

We were and still remain members first and foremost... Our primary goal for moving threads is to keep the site organized as this makes it better for all...

For some, this is their first forum... others are members of many forums...

Thanks again for offers of assistance... I'm sure there will be some more discussion in the Moderators section... and moved to the suggestions section....

See I even made a mistake in posting this thread... I didn't know there was a suggestion sub section. :O This forum is so awesome because its very diverse and has many sections for anything anyone could need!

I apologize for putting it in the wrong place! :(
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Since we started the crackdown, I've noticed that people are taking a bit more effort to post things in the proper section. It will never go away, but people are getting the message. I think.

Quote:

Such a button already exists:

Its under the user info to the left of the post. Use it to alert us to anything that requires our attention.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Since we started the crackdown, I've noticed that people are taking a bit more effort to post things in the proper section. It will never go away, but people are getting the message. I think.

Such a button already exists:

Its under the user info to the left of the post. Use it to alert us to anything that requires our attention.
Beat me to it. I've used it alot.. lol Tapatalk allows reporting too now....I believe.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwestofash View Post
See I even made a mistake in posting this thread... I didn't know there was a suggestion sub section. :O This forum is so awesome because its very diverse and has many sections for anything anyone could need!

I apologize for putting it in the wrong place! :(
No problem.... I certainly am not going to issue any infraction for this one... They would run me out of here with a stick... Thanks for the help though...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:04 PM   #11
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:

See that little red triangle with an explanation point? That is the report button. Push it to alert the mods about a post.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
bill2129
Account Suspended

Drives: 2085 Trans AM COBRA
So that's what that explanation point is. Now I know why I have a inbox full of warnings
bill2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
Sirwestofash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
No problem.... I certainly am not going to issue any infraction for this one... They would run me out of here with a stick... Thanks for the help though...

Thank you haha! Yeah mistakes happen! I'm glad the mods in this forum are understanding. Your welcome! I try to be helpful when i can be!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3

An "explanation point" is a point that is used to explain something.

On the other hand, this ' ! ' is an exclamation point.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote